Tiger Woods - HBO Max

...you gotta watch part 2 because you're literally only getting half the "story."

FWIW, I felt very similar to you after part 1 but not at all the same after part 2.
Not yet. Still have half the second half of the 2nd episode. Will watch after daughter goes to bed.

So far the only part that felt really staged and sh***y was the guy from the Navy course. That felt forced. I think the girlfriend saving the letter is really weird too.

I wasn't even close to halfway done. I was only 10 minutes in when I feel asleep. I will feedback tonight or tomorrow depending on when I finish.

Just finished this documentary. It was eye opening to see his childhood. I kept thinking about that ESPN 30 for 30 on Todd Marinovich aka: Robo-QB. My wife watched parts of this as well and she thought Earl Woods was kinda like Joe Jackson. It definitely has 2 distinct parts...the Rise then the Fall. I’m curious, when is the last time anyone heard from Elin? I’ve never been a huge TW fan. It’s hard to pull for teams or individuals that win a lot...NY Yankees, NE Patriots, Lakers, TW, etc. Tiger always struck me as completely groomed or manufactured, not authentic. I like him more now then ever. He is opening up and showing he is human.

I am a Tiger fan so I see things through those lenses. I liked the first part-particularly the videos of Tiger as a teen-pre Tiger as you will. Part two seemed like a TMZ infomercial. Biggest take away is that Tiger was a real bad dresser back on the day.

I am a Tiger fan so I see things through those lenses. I liked the first part-particularly the videos of Tiger as a teen-pre Tiger as you will. Part two seemed like a TMZ infomercial. Biggest take away is that Tiger was a real bad dresser back on the day.
I need to get back to watch the first part, as I definitely agree on the second.

I am through the second one. It definitely different. The 1st part plus about a quarter of the second episode with Tiger involved would be a great doc. The second was pretty poorly done.

I still will take this style over a fluff doc like the MJ one. But a combo of the styles would be better.

I am through the second one. It definitely different. The 1st part plus about a quarter of the second episode with Tiger involved would be a great doc. The second was pretty poorly done.

I still will take this style over a fluff doc like the MJ one. But a combo of the styles would be better.
All the information that was shared in the first 45 minutes of the second one was pretty readily available with not much searching out there. Haney's book + some of the big bits of online literature tell the full story on his military training, women, and etc.

Where I fall flat on, and where I thought MJs was solid, was that we got to celebrate MJ while watching Tiger get put under and even larger microscope OFF the damn course than ever before. I would have preferred to watch hours of his unbelievable dominance, life changing experiences provided to people, and any other fun stories through the years as it relates to his golf.

I'll never understand why the personal life of a professional sells better than what makes them great.

I'll never understand why the personal life of a professional sells better than what makes them great.
Depends on the personal life of the athlete. Unfortunately, a personal life filled with controversy and intrigue, particularly when the athlete had worked so hard to keep his private life secret sells more that lets say a personal life of a athlete who is a good family man, no affairs or drug issues etc. Nobody is going to buy a tabloid featuring a guy going to church with his family and then helping out at a local charity.

I think that makes the point. The problem is - there are people who buy tabloids :)

Just finished this up today. Part 2 was a little too much on the rock bottom end for me. I get it, it's part of his story, but it just felt like it was the entire focus of it. Won't lie though, I still get chills seeing him win the 2019 Masters.

All in all, it was good, not great. The book was better.

Just finished this up today. Part 2 was a little too much on the rock bottom end for me. I get it, it's part of his story, but it just felt like it was the entire focus of it. Won't lie though, I still get chills seeing him win the 2019 Masters.

All in all, it was good, not great. The book was better.

Agreed. Finished it today also.

Didn't feel good about watching part 2
Probably why I don't read the Enquirer

Hope Tiger is involved if another one is made!

I thought that was sad. Wonder if there is more to the story. I mean to have someone be the best man at your wedding, and you simply completely cut them off because they ask to caddie for another guy while you are not playing?? Bizarre.
I thought Steve had come out with a book that didn't shed Tiger in a good light, or something. I might be mistaken, but I thought a lot of the bad blood came from that.

So, just finished watching this. To start off, I think it was a great documentary.

I’m not sure I agree with those who say Part 2 was too much about what went wrong. I think we can all agree that what he did regarding his infidelity and DUI was wrong and we can’t expect a documentary about his life to just mention it and move on - it was perhaps one of the most pivotal points in his life and it must be delved into. He is one of the biggest sports stars and celebrities this world has ever known. To simply just glance over what he did wrong would be failing to explain his full story. It’s interesting that some people seem to forget what he actually did because he’s such a good golfer and they like him as a golfer. That’s fine, but don’t try brush what he did under the rug.

That being said, it’s important to note that he owned up to his mistakes. He made his apologies, plead guilty, paid his fines, went to rehab, etc. After all, he’s just a human like everyone else. You may not agree with what he did (I certainly do not), but you can’t say he didn’t try to right the ship.

In the end, I enjoyed the documentary about the greatest golfer to ever live. Hope he gets another win.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Wife and I watched both parts 1 and 2 last night and being a big Tiger fan, I had heard/seen probably 98% of what was told in the 3 hours. My wife on the other hand gleamed more new information and coming away she was more sympathetic towards Tiger. She felt his parents forced him down the road of golf isolation which later turned into social complications later in life once he became independent. For me, was a waste of 3 hours.

Finally had some time to sit down and watch this. I don't know that I needed to, I found some of it interesting but generally speaking it was a waste of time unless you know absolutely nothing about the guy.

Finally had some time to sit down and watch this. I don't know that I needed to, I found some of it interesting but generally speaking it was a waste of time unless you know absolutely nothing about the guy.
I don’t want to get into the weeds. But I found the doc interesting and actually just suggested it to a bone golfing friend who is convinced TIger is a drug addict. He may or may not be right but I told him I didn’t think so and to watch this.

I don’t want to get into the weeds. But I found the doc interesting and actually just suggested it to a bone golfing friend who is convinced TIger is a drug addict. He may or may not be right but I told him I didn’t think so and to watch this.
Like I said if you know nothing about the guy its worth the watch but I did find a little of it interesting. Like the seal training and why he did it and how the Masters chairman treated him. That stuff I kind of forgot about. Guy has been through a lot thats for sure.

Like I said if you know nothing about the guy its worth the watch but I did find a little of it interesting. Like the seal training and why he did it and how the Masters chairman treated him. That stuff I kind of forgot about. Guy has been through a lot thats for sure.
I really need to watch this but no HBO for me...

Tiger who?

Back