texting while driving?

Coming into the turn too fast, overcorrecting, hitting the median. Median impact causes airbags to deploy, obscuring vision for even the half a second it's a full bag. Driver flinches, hits gas pedal by mistake, goes for a tumble down a hill.

Went to the CNN school of media coverage
Would this post be allowed if any/all other networks were swapped out for CNN? Asking out of curiosity for myself on forum policy and a very hard working and honest friend at CNN...

Catching up on this thread...been following this story all afternoon. Glad there was no impairment...my first thought was potential pain pill addiction (he did just have another back surgery).

Could be anything really. Looked down, veered off. Looked at phone. Dropped something. Drinking coffee and spilled on himself. Just flat out lost control, overcorrected. Who knows.

Just glad it isn't as bad as it first seemed...he's probably very lucky, given the wreckage. But glad he will be alive for his kids and if nothing else, he can enjoy being a golf dad to Charlie.

Would this post be allowed if any/all other networks were swapped out for CNN? Asking out of curiosity for myself on forum policy and a very hard working and honest friend at CNN...
Why wouldn’t it. It’s not political and not a personal attack. Not exactly groundbreaking news how wrong they have been over the last few years on just about every sports story that has come out. If another outlet is wrong as often, I can swap them in as well.

If people struggle with our rules or posts, a PM is always responded to.

That part is true, but the toxicology reports are what always tell the final tale. That evidence is not established until they run the analysis. It’s also difficult to analyze impairment when somebody is in extreme pain, as Tiger would have had to have been. They might have meant no containers, drugs, etc. I really don’t know and don’t disagree with you. Also, I so hope it’s true.

I was thinking the same thing. Being in a wreck like that and suffering incredibly painful injuries can snap you to very quickly! Let me say tight now I hope that is not the case. But then a HP spokesperson said there was no evidence of excessive speed? Something doesn't add up here. How does that vehicles wind up where it did?

I made that trip 3 weeks ago in a Tesla Model S - those roads are so winding and steep that 45 feels like 75 - the accident part is explainable. I know I was driving a bit faster then I should have and the car reeled me in. Good thing his Hyundai was built like a tank. Sorry to see this happen to him, I’ve really been warming to the guy over the past few years.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was that a Hyundai? In one pic I saw the Genesis tourney logo on the side of it, plus I had heard on the radio that he was driving a courtesy vehicle from the tourney. Wouldn't it have been a Genesis?

the 3 letter (and 4 letter I guess) News & Entertainment outlets stopped being about News a long time ago

Something doesn't add up here. How does that vehicles wind up where it did?

That car has an Event Data Recorder, so it won’t take too long to piece together what happened. I spent 2 years as a crash investigator for NHTSA. Speed is nearly always a factor.

I was thinking the same thing. Being in a wreck like that and suffering incredibly painful injuries can snap you to very quickly! Let me say tight now I hope that is not the case. But then a HP spokesperson said there was no evidence of excessive speed? Something doesn't add up here. How does that vehicles wind up where it did?

Was that a Hyundai? In one pic I saw the Genesis tourney logo on the side of it, plus I had heard on the radio that he was driving a courtesy vehicle from the tourney. Wouldn't it have been a Genesis?
Genesis is Hyundai's luxury brand

Why wouldn’t it. It’s not political and not a personal attack. Not exactly groundbreaking news how wrong they have been over the last few years on just about every sports story that has come out.

If people struggle with our rules or posts, a PM is always responded to.
I get that, but if someone had thrown out that statement with say, FOX News, would that still be viewed as apolitical? And if so, by who, and how would we know? I have no opinion on CNN, but media bias/accurate reporting is viewed as anything but non-political by most these days, so that's why I was curious if it would be universally accepted if altered to potentially insult viewers of a different network and the information its likely reported incorrectly at some point in time. That's all.

Wait what is your Issue, that your "Honest" friend works there??

Sadly this is probably the end of Tiger the Pro.

I get that, but if someone had thrown out that statement with say, FOX News, would that still be viewed as apolitical? And if so, by who, and how would we know? I have no opinion on CNN, but media bias/accurate reporting is viewed as anything but non-political by most these days, so that's why I was curious if it would be universally accepted if altered to potentially insult viewers of a different network and the information its likely reported incorrectly at some point in time. That's all.
Best scenario, if you have an issue with a post, click the report a post feature or send a mod a PM. Last I checked Fox News doesn’t have a sports show or sports reporters on their network but that could have changed. CNN does and this was related to that. Someone viewing something else in that post is looking for it.

I have no issue with the post I made, and if someone else does they are welcome to PM me about it. Now this can return to the topic of the thread

Better question is,
How does it Roll 5 times if there was no Excessive speed?

Best scenario, if you have an issue with a post, click the report a post feature or send a mod a PM. Last I checked Fox News doesn’t have a sports show or sports reporters on their network but that could have changed. CNN does and this was related to that. Someone viewing something else in that post is looking for it.

I have no issue with the post I made, and if someone else does they are welcome to PM me about it. Now this can return to the topic of the thread
It's your house so I'll drop it, but in my world this is just civil discourse. No ill will or intent. Just seeking a better understanding/clarification of things. Which I have now, so thanks.

Better question is,
I thought they said speed was likely a factor? Looking for source now...

edit: found it (fwiw)

:(:(
(Tried to only link the bottom tweet but both come through)

Last edited:
Terrible for Tiger and his family. I hope I can see him play again someday but I pray that he just survives and can walk again.

Better question is,

The collision reconstruction investigation will be able to determine the speed involved.

Last I checked Fox News doesn’t have a sports show or sports reporters on their network but that could have changed.
in addition to an entire Sports network bearing the name, FOX also does sports on their news website

Very early days, but folk shouldn’t be so quick to write Tiger off from ever returning to the golf course just yet. 2 words, Ben Hogan.

That part is true, but the toxicology reports are what always tell the final tale. That evidence is not established until they run the analysis. It’s also difficult to analyze impairment when somebody is in extreme pain, as Tiger would have had to have been. They might have meant no containers, drugs, etc. I really don’t know and don’t disagree with you. Also, I so hope it’s true.
According to Sheriff Villanueva's press conference this evening, the investigating Deputy observed no evidence of intoxication and did not have a forensic toxicology sample (blood test) drawn at the hospital. So that aspect of the investigation is basically closed.

Where are the witnesses? This appears to be the main drag through a very densely populated area, and he crashed about a half mile from the local high school at 7:15 AM. People are starting their day, headed to work. I guess I don't know the area, but it seems like there had to have been traffic in the area. And in that regard, he is lucky he didn't hit opposing traffic.

Back