How many red shirts are going to be sold this week?

I haven't heard of any release yet, but I would think one of the first things the investigators will look at is a blood toxicology report.
I hope it's clean and I hope he makes a full recovery.
Hogan recovered from being hit by a Greyhound bus and Tiger has the advantage of better medical practices and tools.

I haven't heard of any release yet, but I would think one of the first things the investigators will look at is a blood toxicology report.
I hope it's clean and I hope he makes a full recovery.
Hogan recovered from being hit by a Greyhound bus and Tiger has the advantage of better medical practices and tools.
I thought they said no sign of impairment so no warrant for blood draw.

i really don't see him playing competitive golf ever again. he is already 45 and has had numerous injuries and surgeries. if he was in any other major sport we would label him as injury prone. sure he will play in some rounds but highly doubt he will ever really compete again.

thank god he didn't kill anyone

I think he will come back. I can't see him hanging them up-don't believe it is in his DNA. Could be wrong though. Much better for the golf swing that the injuries happened to his right leg/ankle as opposed to his left leg.

I thought they said no sign of impairment so no warrant for blood draw.

They said no sign of impairment but that just means he didn't smell of alcohol and there was no physical evidence (pills or alcohol bottles). In an accident this bad there is no way an officer can look at a victim and determine that he is or is not under the influence of pain medication. They could not do a sobriety test so the only way to prove or disprove impairment would be a blood draw.
I'm no doctor but I would assume they would do blood work before his surgery. The anesthesiologist would not want to overdose him if he was on pain meds.

Please don't take this as an attack on Tiger, I want him to be clean and healthy.

They said no sign of impairment but that just means he didn't smell of alcohol and there was no physical evidence (pills or alcohol bottles). In an accident this bad there is no way an officer can look at a victim and determine that he is or is not under the influence of pain medication. They could not do a sobriety test so the only way to prove or disprove impairment would be a blood draw.
I'm no doctor but I would assume they would do blood work before his surgery. The anesthesiologist would not want to overdose him if he was on pain meds.

Please don't take this as an attack on Tiger, I want him to be clean and healthy.
Pretty sure one of the officers said during the press conference that blood was not drawn as there was no reason to suspect impairment. Once you make a statement like that on record I imagine it’s tough to get court approval to review any testing the hospital may have done on their own.

I thought I read somewhere there was fog? Heavy fog is pretty typical on the Pacific at 7 AM when this happened.
I have read quite a few reports and other social media speculation, so it is starting to blur. I, too, recall reading something about fog. I also remember reading that weather did not play a factor. From a negligence analysis, if there is fog, the condition is known and the driver would have a duty to slow down to accommodate for the condition. Not doing so would be negligence.

There are instances where a weather condition could be the precipitating cause of an accident where nobody is at fault. Sometimes, there can be ice that is not observable. If the ice could not be detected and resulted in an accident, the driver may not be culpable.

I read several reports that, iirc, said that the speed limit was 40 or 45 (can’t remember which), but that people are often speeding along this stretch of road. It seems to be the consensus that Tiger was driving at a high rate of speed, something that I do all the time. I am a chronic speeder. If I am speeding and get in an accident, I undoubtedly will be held negligent.

These things are always good reminders for all of us to reconsider our driving habits. We all know that cars are deadly machines and it takes only a momentary lapse in judgement to cause disasterous consequences. I am in no way finding fault with Tiger. We all do these things.

I have read quite a few reports and other social media speculation, so it is starting to blur. I, too, recall reading something about fog. I also remember reading that weather did not play a factor. From a negligence analysis, if there is fog, the condition is known and the driver would have a duty to slow down to accommodate for the condition. Not doing so would be negligence.

There are instances where a weather condition could be the precipitating cause of an accident where nobody is at fault. Sometimes, there can be ice that is not observable. If the ice could not be detected and resulted in an accident, the driver may not be culpable.

I read several reports that, iirc, said that the speed limit was 40 or 45 (can’t remember which), but that people are often speeding along this stretch of road. It seems to be the consensus that Tiger was driving at a high rate of speed, something that I do all the time. I am a chronic speeder. If I am speeding and get in an accident, I undoubtedly will be held negligent.

These things are always good reminders for all of us to reconsider our driving habits. We all know that cars are deadly machines and it takes only a momentary lapse in judgement to cause disasterous consequences. I am in no way finding fault with Tiger. We all do these things.
Oh for certain. I adjusted auto claims. "Yes sir, even though you wrecked on ice it is still your fault" That was an argument I had to have too many times every winter.

Everyone is Utah speeds. I have no idea why they are all in such a hurry. But, dang every time I am there I feel like I am getting run over going 80...

i really don't see him playing competitive golf ever again. he is already 45 and has had numerous injuries and surgeries. if he was in any other major sport we would label him as injury prone. sure he will play in some rounds but highly doubt he will ever really compete again.

thank god he didn't kill anyone

Or die, right?

Everyone is Utah speeds. I have no idea why they are all in such a hurry. But, dang every time I am there I feel like I am getting run over going 80...
Ha ha. Guilty as charged, although I hardly ever exceed 80, unless the speed limit is 85. I will say that Utahns always say “California driver.” Californians probably say, “Utah driver.”

lots of excuses for a guy that could have easily killed an innocent person with his reckless driving.
I have not seen any reports yet that he was driving recklessly. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn’t. I am glad that no one was killed and consider Tiger innocent and lucky to be alive until proven guilty of wrongdoing.

Even if it is proven he was speeding like they said in the news conference, I am not casting stones. People die doing that everyday and aren’t accused of negligence and are mourned for having an accident.

Last edited:
I have posted regarding some basic negligence law application and read quite a few others. It really is not material, because Tiger didn’t injure anybody else or cause significant property damage, other than to his personal effects and the sponsor vehicle. In my mind, the only way that Tiger’s driving is of much interest to the story is if he were impaired, given his history. I know that with respect to speeding or inattentive driving, there but for the grace of God go I.

I have not seen any reports yet that he was driving recklessly. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn’t. I am glad that no one was killed and consider Tiger innocent and lucky to be alive until proven guilty of wrongdoing.

Even if it is proven he was speeding, I am not casting stones. People die doing that everyday and aren’t accused of negligence and are mourned for having an accident.
if his car traveled 700 feet after it crashed or crossed the median then he wasn't just driving down the road, he was doing something he should not have been doing....speeding, texting, drunk, high etc...something. i don't think he got too involved jamming to billy idol on the radio

I dont know the exact formula off the top of my head but it takes a period of time for the mind to process what the eyes are seeing as well as then reacting.
The human factors guys I have deposed all put it somewhere about 3/4 of a second for average ordinary folks. It's 1/3 of a second each for see, appreciate and react. One of them told me that he had seen a couple of drag racers test in the half second range. When I mentioned their reaction times on a track, he said in the tests administered they don't get the benefit of anticipation.

Even if it is proven he was speeding like they said in the news conference, I am not casting stones. People die doing that everyday and aren’t accused of negligence and are mourned for having an accident.

The wording the LEO used regarding was strange. How did they say it? "relatively greater speed than normal". lol

They could have just said he was "speeding" or "he was way over the limit". I like how the chose their words there.

Thanks i was going to pull an old file to look it up. I might still to check how many feet per second you travel at 70 mph 75 mph and so on. Going to cover a lot of territory at those speeds. I know it is significant.

The human factors guys I have deposed all put it somewhere about 3/4 of a second for average ordinary folks. It's 1/3 of a second each for see, appreciate and react. One of them told me that he had seen a couple of drag racers test in the half second range. When I mentioned their reaction times on a track, he said in the tests administered they don't get the benefit of anticipation.
Response above. Thanks

if his car traveled 700 feet after it crashed or crossed the median then he wasn't just driving down the road, he was doing something he should not have been doing....speeding, texting, drunk, high etc...something. i don't think he got too involved jamming to billy idol on the radio
The fact of the matter is that you don’t know what happened. Nor do I.

Back