So, has anyone heard anything about treatment to his left leg? Were both legs injured or just the one?

Skim alert - So is there a consensus that the GV80 did well in the crash or not? New vehicle and I as a Genesis G80 owner want to see real life data on that. The most I have read is that of course the outside of the car looks awful but the inside was intact.
That's a HARD hit in the nose. Looks like from the few grainy pictures I've seen the front end is stuffed in 3 feet. As mentioned earlier engine/driveline has nowhere to go except into firewall and floorboards. First reaction is to brace yourself if you see it coming. If actual speed isn't divulged in final report there's no way of knowing how well vehicle held up. Was he going 30 or 70? My guess is he was moving at a pretty good clip.

So, has anyone heard anything about treatment to his left leg? Were both legs injured or just the one?
All I've seen is "multiple leg injuries" and he only has two, so I'm assuming his left must have sustained some damage. Strange that there's no mention.

Having read some review from a guy who lives right near where the accident happened...The road leads to increased speeds as it is very down hill and straight. So downhill that those truck runaway ramps are present on the hill. The road tends to increase your speed but then becomes zig zaggy right where Tiger crashed and there are concrete curbs. Cops and emergency crews respond to accidents in this area often. Tiger's SUV hit curb and lost control as it went airborne. He clipped an 8 inch tree and sawed it off, thus the front end damage. The car rolled at least once. The spot where he hit curb to spot where the SUV finished is more than 50 foot and as much as 100 foot elevation drop. He's lucky no one was coming the other way.

Thanks i was going to pull an old file to look it up. I might still to check how many feet per second you travel at 70 mph 75 mph and so on. Going to cover a lot of territory at those speeds. I know it is significant.
mph x 1.467 = fps

From an ESPN report:

The Los Angeles County sheriff says Tiger Woods was "not drunk" during the rollover that seriously injured the golf superstar Tuesday, saying the single-vehicle crash was "purely an accident."

Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said his department would not be filing any charges against Woods pertaining to the crash near the border of Rolling Hills Estates and Rancho Palos Verdes, about 30 miles south of downtown Los Angeles.

Villanueva said the department is considering it an accident, which could lead to a misdemeanor at most.

I saw the LA Sherri confirmed the crash was purely an accident, misdemeanor at most.

Also, the more I hear from Rory on topics lately, the more I like him. Here was one of his quotes:
"He's not Superman,'' McIlroy said of Woods. "He's a human being at the end of the day. And he's already been through so much. At this stage, I think everyone should just be grateful that he's here, that he's alive, that his kids haven't lost their dad. That's the most important thing. Golf is so far from the equation right now, it's not even on the map at this point.''

Having seen the various news over here, I don't think he will play much, if any, competitive golf for a very long time

I am not a Tiger fan but hope he recovers for the sake of his family and that the media can give them some privacy

It looks like smash factor to me. 😂
Under other circumstances that would get a laugh but it brings another meaning considering what happened to get to your comment - and that is certainly not a go at your post in any way (y)

Having read some review from a guy who lives right near where the accident happened...The road leads to increased speeds as it is very down hill and straight. So downhill that those truck runaway ramps are present on the hill. The road tends to increase your speed but then becomes zig zaggy right where Tiger crashed and there are concrete curbs. Cops and emergency crews respond to accidents in this area often. Tiger's SUV hit curb and lost control as it went airborne. He clipped an 8 inch tree and sawed it off, thus the front end damage. The car rolled at least once. The spot where he hit curb to spot where the SUV finished is more than 50 foot and as much as 100 foot elevation drop. He's lucky no one was coming the other way.
This really explains a lot. Add in that he was probably not familiar with the area and this might have been his first time driving there its an accident waiting to happen. If there had been multiple accidents there i wonder what if any warning signs or lights the municipality had put up to warn motorists of the hazardous condition particularly those who had never driven that road before and had no way of knowing of the dangerous condition.

Having seen the various news over here, I don't think he will play much, if any, competitive golf for a very long time
Was listening to a news story about this incident and the particulars of Tiger's injuries on the way home from the gym just a short while ago. They were interviewing a doctor who is allegedly an expert in the kinds of injuries Tiger suffered. He claimed that, with those injuries, Tiger would not be playing pro golf again.

Was listening to a news story about this incident and the particulars of Tiger's injuries on the way home from the gym just a short while ago. They were interviewing a doctor who is allegedly an expert in the kinds of injuries Tiger suffered. He claimed that, with those injuries, Tiger would not be playing pro golf again.
I'll believe that when I see it. If anyone can work his way through injuries, it's Tiger

For anyone familiar with football RB Adrian Peterson posted a 2000 yard rushing season coming off one of the worst total knee ligament injuries ever seen
Sports medicine is ridiculous, I wouldn't count Tiger out

Go a few years back to another rather notable pro golfer injured in a severe MVC; he returned to the game so might Mr. Woods. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's what I learned so far today listening to the media, most of it from Clay Travis' interview with Petros Papadakis, who grew up in that area, and is himself a radio sports talker in LA.

The Palos Verdes peninsula is dominated by a gigantic hill, some might call it a mountain. Papadakis actually attended Peninsula HS that sits at the very top of that hill. He said that for the kids who drove to school, there was never a wreck coming to school because they'd be driving up the hill. But there were accidents about every other day after school when kids were driving down the hill. Apparently once you get past the resort, there's a sharp curve and stop light right after it! He said if your not familiar with that area, it comes at you real fast!

Tiger was staying at the Taranea Resort that overlooks the Pacific. He was late for a photo or TV shoot that was happening at a particular golf club. Papadakis said he actually went the wrong way, and the long way to get there, so he may have been hurrying. That's pure speculation. Papadakis said he'd have been better off driving up the hill, past the HS, and around the back side of the hill and he'd have been right there. He said that the hill is so steep they have "runaway truck" ramps along it filled with safety gravel!

That's about it. Not many other details about the injuries other than that they were not life threatening.

Prospects are not good.
Alll doctor speculation based upon reading a tweet since it isn't the actual doctor involved in treatment but porspects aren't as grave when I read this paragraph.

"Such lower-leg fractures on occasion bring “massive disability” and other grave consequences, said Dr. Smith. “A very rough estimate is that there is a 70 percent chance of it healing completely,” he added."

Obviously there is a road ahead but 70% isn't bad when it comes down to it. Either way the coming days and weeks will mean a lot to potential permanent muscle loss in his leg from the injuries.

I'm not banking on him ever playing golf again simply because he doesn't need to but it sounds like he at least has good odds to be able to walk normally even if it takes quite a while to heal.

He's got a long recovery. It will be tough to play pro golf again. Never say never though. Too early for that.

See I agree with this completely and hate to rush to judgement.

With that said, I think its pretty much human nature. Say 3 days in a row, I am pulling out of my drive way and hit my mailbox because I was reading the THP Forum. On the 4th day, when I hit the mailbox again, most would assume it was for the same reasons as the prior 3. It would take me explaining that it wasn't to change some minds.

Right or wrong, I think a lot of people get that aspect of it.

That and how crappy of a driver must you be, right?

I can easily clear my driveway at least 50% of the time reading THP. 😂

if his car traveled 700 feet after it crashed or crossed the median then he wasn't just driving down the road, he was doing something he should not have been doing....speeding, texting, drunk, high etc...something. i don't think he got too involved jamming to billy idol on the radio

I went almost 300ft and into a ditch on the opposite side of the road. This after coming to an almost complete stop (and my car shutting off) in a rear end of a compact car into a bohemoth SUV. The other driver was not injured. I broke nine bones and underwent 15 hours of emergency surgery and barely made it.

A couple notes as this one is near and dear to me. I was not speeding. In fact my speedometer stopped at impact, exactly 55 in a 55. I did not hit the brakes. I was not impaired in any way other than being sleep deprived. I’d worked 24 of the past 33 hours at that point.

I was not on my phone. I was not on a call, texting, or even on THP. I zoned out. Maybe a second? Maybe 2? I was into a bright sun in a hot car. I didn’t see his brake lights until it was too late. I’ve had mornings it could have happened as well. I drive into the sun both ways. Yes I was at fault. No I didn’t do anything that would up my fault legally. I was cited with failure to maintain and that was it.

Sometimes accidents are just that. Accidents. Not saying that I’m always right on the road. That day I was. I still f’ed up. Luckily outside of my insurance buying someone a new car, and jacking up my rates, the only hurt person was me. I’m much more ok with that.

See I agree with this completely and hate to rush to judgement.

With that said, I think its pretty much human nature. Say 3 days in a row, I am pulling out of my drive way and hit my mailbox because I was reading the THP Forum. On the 4th day, when I hit the mailbox again, most would assume it was for the same reasons as the prior 3. It would take me explaining that it wasn't to change some minds.

Right or wrong, I think a lot of people get that aspect of it.
People act as though he has a long history of DUI's and it's just not the case. The fire hydrant was allegedly caused by his wife chasing him to bust out the window. No alcohol or drugs were said to be involved. The pill incident is the only time any substances were involved. One instance is hardly a pattern. Yet, people immediately assumed he was drunk or on pills.

Last edited:
Overheard in the clubhouse

'Good news and bad news, the good news is that Tiger Woods is here asking for you.

The bad news is that he is your Uber driver.

Too soon?

Doctor OZ says he will be fine.

For the record I think doctor OZ is a tool。
If it's just broken bones, he'll likely be fine; though maybe never at an elite level. My worry is that an impact significant enough to shatter your bones will surely have some effect on your joints. Ligament and tendon damage would potentially reduce his range of motion. Not much coming back from that.

For anyone familiar with football RB Adrian Peterson posted a 2000 yard rushing season coming off one of the worst total knee ligament injuries ever seen
Sports medicine is ridiculous, I wouldn't count Tiger out

Back