If you are in an accident that injured another person and the insurance companies or the attorney for the injured party on the other side is attempting to asses fault, they may subpoena information such as phone records and there would be nothing you could do to prevent it, because the information may be relevant or reasonably calculated to lead to the discovery of admissible evidence (the general catch all for determining what is discoverable in civil cases) and it is not privileged.

Correct as I understand it. However there was no other injured party.

Mental note @Tenputt licensed in all 50 states, don’t mess with legally... 🤣

Pressing the brake instead of the accelerator and speeding up to 85mph before you can react? Dang! I gotta get me a Genesis! Seriously though, at that speed, he’s a lucky boy.

Correct as I understand it. However there was no other injured party.

Mental note @Tenputt licensed in all 50 states, don’t mess with legally... 🤣
I have been messed with so many times that I don‘t know whether I am coming or going.

One explanation: In a unfamiliar vehicle. Thought he hit the brake. Hit the accelerator instead. It happens. See: Audi 5000.

One explanation: In a unfamiliar vehicle. Thought he hit the brake. Hit the accelerator instead. It happens. See: Audi 5000.

on top of what was reported that he was running late for a photo shoot/commitment, it's not a good combo.

Totally agree and its sad to see so many in the media just focused on bringing him down and putting things out there either creating the impression there is something mysterious we may never know or something very bad other than a traffic accident which may be his fault completely or partially his fault that has nothing to do with drugs or something mysterious just like the he never hit his breaks or he accelerated prior to impact leaving that hanging out there .
That's exactly what this is all about at this point - the media keeping the story alive because they know anything with Tiger's name on it will draw clicks and page views. They're more than happy to be muckrakers just to bring in the revenue, and the hot takes draw even more when people link to them on social media and give them more attention.

This was a freaking solo crash, with nobody else injured other than Tiger, and most likely no criminal prosecution (unless they decide to file an infraction traffic charge for the unsafe speed). All these talking heads expecting that the LASD should dedicate resources to investigate it as if it were a major crime have no clue about reality. Tie up your (extremely limited) traffic investigators on a nothingburger case, while in the meantime you have felony DUI, manslaughter, etc. cases piling up....ridiculous. Replace Tiger in this crash with Joe Lunchbucket, and it's just another "HUA PCF" (Head Up A** - Primary Collision Factor) crash that would have been done and filed away with minimal media attention and/or scrutiny. But the media knows there's money in Tiger's name, so they'll milk it for everything they can.

I have been messed with so many times that I don‘t know whether I am coming or going.
People can, especially first responders and those who are DRE'S (drug recognition "experts"... and i use that last one loosely lol) recognize when someone is under the influence of something... ambien being a benzodiazepine is typically glassy eyed, pinned pupils (or very dilated depending on reaction, but either way not standard), confusion, disorientation, spaced out, etc.

Now some of those could be due to shock, but if the officer suspects something they typically will order testing or blood collection. But if he were given medication by EMTs, then the test is pointless.

I have had clients get DUIs on prescribed medication, even without an accident, because they are driving while impaired.. and it says on the bottle to not operate heavy machinery etc etc

But if they didn't test him, or it was more pressing to get him out, safe, and to the hospital, if meds were given for pain or panic, then that may be why there's no tests. I would think his insurance company would have access to medical records, even prescriptions from the pharmacy, and they can determine their coverage from that

Maybe like speeding or driving carelessly that contribute to an accident?

Just one quick note from the drug guy. Ambien is and does all of those things. No doubt. Not for everyone. I took it for 15 years and outside of a couple phone calls I don’t recall I didn’t have any bad reactions. No waking up in Texas for me. But I’ve heard of enough bad reactions.

Ambien is not a benzodiazepine. That was my main point. It works similarly but it’s not in that class. Much more likely to cause an adverse event.

Messed up or not, it’s too late to even think this route. First responders are trained in picking up on signs of impairment. If none are noted and there is no other injured party most likely testing which needs done immediately will not be done. Especially given the severity of his wounds.

They basically kicked the statie investigating my crash out of the squad once they thought I was going to croak. Other party not injured. But because I was obviously coherent and not messed up. Trust me they checked my breath by leaning in really close and my pupils for signs of opiate or other intoxication.

Since they found none it was treated as the accident it was. We’re there contributing factors? For sure. I’ve learned to mitigate most of them. At least I was the only one hurt. But at the end of the day? It was an accident.

@Smiter youre right, i meant to edit it but got lost in work. Its not technically but mimics it.. I think called a z-drug that is still a controlled substance.

I think celebrities, like with their successes, problems such as like this are in the spotlight and speculation runs rampant, especially when there's a history of something similar.

@Smiter youre right, i meant to edit it but got lost in work. Its not technically but mimics it.. I think called a z-drug that is still a controlled substance.

I think celebrities, like with their successes, problems such as like this are in the spotlight and speculation runs rampant, especially when there's a history of something similar.

Here in Ohio it’s a schedule 4 drug, same as benzo’s. It’s classified as a sedative/hypnotic. I’ve taken both, I still take Klonopin to stop shaking from nuclear medicine I was on. The Ambien is much more sedating to me. I can function fine on clonazapam, I just have to plan my driving day as they do make me zone out a bit sometimes. I wouldn’t even attempt to function on Ambien, mainly due to the couple phone calls I got late that I don’t recall at all.

Once I lost the weight the sleep apnea went bye bye and so did the Ambien.

At what speed above the limit is it a felony offense?

At what speed above the limit is it a felony offense?
There's no speed in CA which automatically makes it a felony offense. Even speed over 100 mph is still an infraction, albeit with enhanced penalties. To be a felony, it would have to reach the level of reckless driving causing injury to another, or recklessly evading a peace officer.

Last edited:
That's exactly what this is all about at this point - the media keeping the story alive because they know anything with Tiger's name on it will draw clicks and page views. They're more than happy to be muckrakers just to bring in the revenue, and the hot takes draw even more when people link to them on social media and give them more attention.

This was a freaking solo crash, with nobody else injured other than Tiger, and most likely no criminal prosecution (unless they decide to file an infraction traffic charge for the unsafe speed). All these talking heads expecting that the LASD should dedicate resources to investigate it as if it were a major crime have no clue about reality. Tie up your (extremely limited) traffic investigators on a nothingburger case, while in the meantime you have felony DUI, manslaughter, etc. cases piling up....ridiculous. Replace Tiger in this crash with Joe Lunchbucket, and it's just another "HUA PCF" (Head Up A** - Primary Collision Factor) crash that would have been done and filed away with minimal media attention and/or scrutiny. But the media knows there's money in Tiger's name, so they'll milk it for everything they can.
You make some really great points. No one other than Tiger was injured. To expect Law Enforcement to use resources and manpower on a case like this makes no sense. And what do people want him to get a speeding ticket, points on his license. He has already suffered and probably will suffer for years from his injuries. Time to move on and im sure the Police as you so clearly point out have serious cases which need their attention and im sure with limited resources frustrates the Officers who want to do a good job and have cases that actually need their attention and resources. I know in Buffalo the accident investigation unit has limited resources and officers who do the best they can and as you said need to prioritize manslaughter cases, felony DWI with accidents and victims families counting on them to get justice for the victims and then to be criticized as you said by the know nothing talking heads who talk knowing nothing about what they are talking about and then move on to the next story. And like you said if it wasn't Tiger this would be over , case closed. If anything maybe the municipality should be taking a good look at the road and determining what they can do to prevent another accident where someone could die be it warning signs , flashing light, additional traffic control devices , guardrails. Put the energy and resources into something that may avoid injuries or save a life.

My tin foil hat theory of this being because of a faulty Genesis remains.

Honestly, doing 87 or whatever he was doing in a 40, Tiger is lucky he didn't plow into someone else at that speed. He would have been sued for millions.

on top of what was reported that he was running late for a photo shoot/commitment, it's not a good combo.
I can't believe that there wasn't a vehicle there to take him to the photo shoot. Driving himself, late for the appointment brings speeding to get there and in an unfamiliar vehicle.

Back