Very sorry to just hear about Tiger. I pray for him and his family.

While I would be selfish to say I feel sad that we probably will never see Tiger play again (self-serving), the most important thing is that he is healthy and is alive for his children.

"Tiger Woods undergoing surgery 'for multiple leg injuries' after car crash near LA" - The Telegraph, UK.

The LA County Sheriff's Department released a statement saying the jaws of life were used. Is that not a good enough source on which to base the reporting at the time?

I hear you. But also, the same source can be conflicting.

as a complete aside. Props to the marketing team of the company who created the "jaws of life".

Maybe a Genisis?

Is that the Bentley suv?llooks like a loner?

I'm pretty sure it's a Genesis. They were the sponsor of the tourney last weekend and the logo is on the door.
Probably a GV70 or GV80

I agree. I miss though when reports were confirmed or even a simply “we aren’t sure” is satisfactory.
I do too. But, we live in a near-instantaneous news cycle. Social media drives it. In my lifetime (yes, I'm an old), we've gone from a 24 hour news cycle to hours to minutes. I remember watching the bombing of Baghdad on CNN as it happened and was amazed at how far we had progressed. The continued progress from there has been good with bad.

I lived in a house on the property of a manufacturing company i worked at in 99 when Payne passed, I had a TV in my office and when they showed the plane and who it was, i left and went to the house...It was hard on me.

I hate that all media is lumped together, because not all of us will head down that path. But trust me, I get it.
I agree with you. I have family members in the media and they aren't buzzing around looking for something scummy to write.

If he hadn't been driving such a big SUV , God knows what injuries he might have sustained.

Hope he recovers quickly and with minimal pain; so sorry to hear about this. Major bummer.

I do too. But, we live in a near-instantaneous news cycle. Social media drives it. In my lifetime (yes, I'm an old), we've gone from a 24 hour news cycle to hours to minutes. I remember watching the bombing of Baghdad on CNN as it happened and was amazed at how far we had progressed. The continued progress from there has been good with bad.

Unfortunately the current cable news networks’ model is based on fear, outrage and sensationalism.

The joys of social media. Speed, but inaccuracy. Feels like it’s becoming more harm than help.

I hear you. But also, the same source can be conflicting.

See I knew I saw it @Tenputt when everything explodes you have the story and a lot of people trying to get the story. The game of telephone and miscommunication probably in this situation...

no Jaws of life - - > Some one said Jaws of Life - - > They used Jaws of Life!

Speculation rampant: compound Fractures in legs and shattered ankles.

39683154-9292221-image-m-108_1614114842342.jpg

KEEP IN MIND......noone actually knows if jaws of life were used. But for perspective......

Thats a looonnnnnggggggg asssssss way

7 weeks from The Masters... This is no good.

I don’t think there was much of a plan on his part to play this year anyways was there?

Apparently the sheriff's office is giving a press conference at 6:00 pm EST.

Back