Nothing I have read has suggested that Tiger was unfit to drive or any implication that he was under any influence, so conjecture is just that....making things up. He may have been driving faster than some, but it does appear that he had an accident...plain and simple. Apparently the camber in the road is deceiving and he is not the first to crash there. Cut the guy some slack, he has had another back operation, he will be stiff and in pain, so his mobility especially when looking over his shoulder to change lane will be impaired. The news guys are quick to find a story that does not exist, and embellish what little they know.

Let us concentrate on his horrific injuries and whether he will be able to walk without a limp or pain going forward. His golf career is secondary to the quality of life a double break like that will impair.

Get better soon Tiger and good luck with the recovery.

Right ankle is better then the left one

If what ESPN said is true, compound fracture of the tibia and fibula. Shattered ankle. Whatever big cat, you don’t need that leg.
He ain't playing golf this season, that's for sure. He won't be walking till after the US Open at least.

i don't see how he could walk until after the US open. Snow skiing in my early 20's I broke the tibula and fibula in my lower left leg but skin was not broken. Bloodflow down that low is slow and it took a 23 years old 6 months to get the cast removed. a couple years later I figured out my left knee was damaged as well. his breaks might be higher in the leg and he might get freak treatments because of new technology and his money; otherwise if he walks without cast or crutches before July it will be a great result.

I get that, but if someone had thrown out that statement with say, FOX News, would that still be viewed as apolitical? And if so, by who, and how would we know? I have no opinion on CNN, but media bias/accurate reporting is viewed as anything but non-political by most these days, so that's why I was curious if it would be universally accepted if altered to potentially insult viewers of a different network and the information its likely reported incorrectly at some point in time. That's all.
Trust in the media is at an all time low:

"56 percent of Americans agree with the statement that "Journalists and reporters are purposely trying to mislead people by saying things they know are false or gross exaggerations." Some 58 percent agree that "most news organizations are more concerned with supporting an ideology or political position than with informing the public." And when Edelman re-polled Americans following the November election, the numbers deteriorated further, with just 57 percent of Democrats and 18 percent of Republicans saying they trust the media."

Guys, let’s not take this anywhere near political. We are better than that.

"56 percent of Americans agree with the statement that "Journalists and reporters are purposely trying to mislead people by saying things they know are false or gross exaggerations." Some 58 percent agree that "most news organizations are more concerned with supporting an ideology or political position than with informing the public." And when Edelman re-polled Americans following the November election, the numbers deteriorated further, with just 57 percent of Democrats and 18 percent of Republicans saying they trust the media."

There is literally NO Need for this thread to get political and if it is going to head down this path, we will remove people from the forum.

This is devastating. I am concerned that we have seen the last of Tiger on the regular PGA tour.

I think the most intelligent comment I can make is none about his future in golf. We only live in the present, and presently, I pray and think positive thoughts for his complete physical and mental recovery.

I certainly think he’ll be able to walk by June. Probably with a cane, but as long as there’s no weird setbacks like infection, increased pressure from compartment syndrome (hence the fasciotomy they mentioned) or mal/non union, he should be able to weight bear in roughly 10 weeks give or take a few. Again, he won’t be running around or pain free more than likely but walking? Yes.

Small secret that everyone should know. The media is nothing but a reflection of society. They exist to sell ads. They sell ads by getting us to look at what they publish. They publish what they know from their data gets the most looks. We are the ones driving the content because we choose with our eyes. That's true of every single media source from THP to The New York Times to Facebook to whatever else. There is no bias other than the audience setting in front of the screen choosing what they want to look at.

On this forum people like to be positive and have healthy debate that does not attack each other personally. It's why we like being here and @JB does a great job enforcing it when he has to, but usually people adjust and become better members of the community instead of forcing themselves out.

I just wanna see the guy smiling again.
1614172519786.jpeg

This has been hard to process. Tiger, accident, ... It is heartbreaking to hear for a guy who has gone through so much and was working to recover from more surgeries to play again. At this point all I can do is hope and pray for Tiger and his family. This is a major trauma.

I too will hold off on the toxicology question until something's confirmed but at the same time, we all form thoughts on past behaviors. If I lived in your neighborhood and you knew that I had previous DUIs, the next time I wrap a car around a tree, you would, reasonably, assume that I was drunk again. You might be wrong but it wouldn't be an unreasonable notion.

I hope he's going to recover like everyone else. He also needs to change his behavior. Impaired or not, it was nobody's fault but his own to run off the road.

This won’t be a popular opinion, but a large part of me hopes that he recovers and starts to fade into retirement. Spends time as a dad, a business owner, a course designer, and an ambassador for the game. There is no doubt in my mind that the game and pressure have taken a toll on him over the years. Whatever the cause of this incident was, benign or not, seems to show that it’s time for him to slow down a bit.

Living your life under a constant microscope must be so hard. I hope he finds some peace after all of this.

I too will hold off on the toxicology question until something's confirmed but at the same time, we all form thoughts on past behaviors. If I lived in your neighborhood and you knew that I had previous DUIs, the next time I wrap a car around a tree, you would, reasonably, assume that I was drunk again. You might be wrong but it wouldn't be an unreasonable notion.

I hope he's going to recover like everyone else. He also needs to change his behavior. Impaired or not, it was nobody's fault but his own to run off the road.
You say nobody's fault but his own, but that's the exact opposite of what occurs in an accident. That's literally why it's called an "accident." I'm sure the investigation is underway, but there's a million different reasons that may have caused him to lose control.

At this point it almost sounds more like a texting while driving accident.

You say nobody's fault but his own, but that's the exact opposite of what occurs in an accident. That's literally why it's called an "accident." I'm sure the investigation is underway, but there's a million different reasons that may have caused him to lose control.

I stand corrected. Major mechanical failure of the braking system may be at fault. Barring that, he was traveling too fast.

I don't think I'd ever seen the word "comminuted" before reading the doctor's statement. Seeing the phrase "permanently stiff" accompanying one description of the aftermath of such an injury is disconcerting.

I drove through a red light near my home last year at full speed and narrowly averted t-boning a vehicle turning into my path. All I can say was that I was so deep in thought that I just did not process that the light was red. It sort of gave me pause in terms of judging people for accidents. It was really scary. Only takes a couple of seconds for something life changing to happen and there isn’t always a nice, neat explanation or something to ‘blame’.

I don't think I'd ever seen the word "comminuted" before reading the doctor's statement. Seeing the phrase "permanently stiff" accompanying one description of the aftermath of such an injury is disconcerting.

That’s just fancy medical talk for ‘shattered’ or ‘in pieces’.

Back