That’s just fancy medical talk for ‘shattered’ or ‘in pieces’.
exactly, "broken in multiple pieces"

ya know, i understand the need for dreams, but.......:oops:

It was in jest, all because of the venue the US Open is going to be at. If he's walking by end of the year, I think that would be pretty miraculous given the amount of surgeries that right leg is about to have happen on it.

It was in jest, all because of the venue the US Open is going to be at. If he's walking by end of the year, I think that would be pretty miraculous given the amount of surgeries that right leg is about to have happen on it.
me too bro, I pretty much take most stuff here in jest....I was actually wrestling with the laughing face, sunglasses guy, i knew Eye rolling was out...lol

I shattered my left ankle 16 years ago that was rebuild with hardware. I also suffered from compartment syndrome in same leg 12 years ago not related to ankle that resulted in a fasciotomy. I've still got some numbness in my foot/ leg/ankle. This is greatly affected by weather (cold/damp) and physical activity. I'm sure there's been medical advancements in last 16 years but my leg will never be the same.

my thoughts first went to Tiger and his family when I heard of the crash and his injuries. wishing them the best. today my thought went to Genesis. It looks like that truck, maybe the gv80, flipped ass over. without seeing it first hand it is difficult to asses the damage but I look at it and say "yea, it's a bad crash but not horrific." How worried is Genesis right now about the impact safety concerning the lower extremities of the driver during collision?

me too bro, I pretty much take most stuff here in jest....I was actually wrestling with the laughing face, sunglasses guy, i knew Eye rolling was out...lol

In that case, this was all just a ploy to work on a swing change. 2022 grand slam fully in play

Well this is awesome!

1) life and family come first
2) with his body already and all the surgeries he's gone through, he just recently had back surgery, now his leg broke in multiple places, bone out of skin and a rod in place, shattered ankle with pins and screws, again back surgery recently which this accident id assume screwed that up, i cant imagine him ever playing again, let alone walking very well? idk..

Could be anything really. Dropped drink, texting, heard his phone ring asking where he was. Not sure falling asleep while speeding on a road like that is likely as I find that keeps you awake. Now not speeding then falling asleep and hitting might be more accurate.

And people don't really fall asleep at 7am early in the morning after having just got up from sleeping - he was probably all wired up on coffee and whatever else he was doing. He probably had just got up, was speeding to get to his thingy with Brees.

I suspect he was beating the living hell out of that Genesis lol (it really does crack me up that he was beating the :poop:out of that Genesis that wasn't his - I been there, done that with rentals I would take from my parents when they went to sleep :p) ...didn't know the really winding road he was on, and was probably texting (looking down) while driving way too fast. That would be my guess.

my thoughts first went to Tiger and his family when I heard of the crash and his injuries. wishing them the best. today my thought went to Genesis. It looks like that truck, maybe the gv80, flipped ass over. without seeing it first hand it is difficult to asses the damage but I look at it and say "yea, it's a bad crash but not horrific." How worried is Genesis right now about the impact safety concerning the lower extremities of the driver during collision?
None. The car rolled multiple times.

Well. Michael Breed had a Doctor on his opening segment this morning and was basically like, this is the best case scenario in terms of injuries with the images of that car accident and reports. That's excellent.

Could be months before he even stands, but he's lucky to even have that in his future, thankfully.

Could've been way way worse. Very fortunate.

I guess it's kind of good news that Tiger was just late for a celebrity lesson and speeding, probably wasn't impaired, which would have been very upsetting for everyone.

Last edited:
His injury is not unlike what happened to Alex Smith, who granted is almost a decade younger, but got back to football with extensive rehab.

It looks like that truck, maybe the gv80, flipped ass over. without seeing it first hand it is difficult to asses the damage but I look at it and say "yea, it's a bad crash but not horrific." How worried is Genesis right now about the impact safety concerning the lower extremities of the driver during collision?
Looking at the photos, I don’t see any evidence to see that the car rolled. In a roll, you would expect to see damage above the A pillar on the opposite side of the roll. There appears to not even be a scratch, although without seeing the car in person, I wouldn’t put my house on it.
With regards to the lower extremities, it’s an extremely common injury. That car took a full on frontal impact, although the force looks like it came upwards as the rebar seems slightly pushed up and the hood has received less damage. I’ve lost count of the amount of vehicles I inspected where the toe pan gets deformed. The toe pan gets pushed in, the side walls of the footwell get deformed, and your legs get pushed up into the instrument cluster and tour feet and ankles get mangled by the pedals. That car has taken a big impact, his injuries are, unfortunately, completely consistent with the type of impact. No fault with Hyundai on this one.

The collision piece is one of the reasons I trust my F150s over and over. They have breakaway motor mounts, so the engine will br pushed downward in the event of a front end collision, instead of in your lap.

The collision piece is one of the reasons I trust my F150s over and over. They have breakaway motor mounts, so the engine will br pushed downward in the event of a front end collision, instead of in your lap.
aluminum over steel?
fords are all aluminum, others have some bolt on aluminum.

I guess it's kind of good news that Tiger was just late for a celebrity lesson and speeding, probably wasn't impaired, which would have very upsetting for everyone.

What are the odds that he was looking down at his phone, texting/driving?

What are the odds that he was looking down at his phone, texting/driving?
Simple Google search tells me 1 out of every 4 car accidents in the US are caused by texting and driving.

yeah. That is my line of thinking. I would think they would. Major injury. Public damage, rental car damage. Insurance involved.. I am very ignorant to much of this but seems that all the boxes are checked that blood work is getting done as part of an investigation.
Blood work is not automatically taken for police records. If that was the case the police could insist on a blood test for a simple traffic stop. A police assess the situation at the scene. Insurance will be paid regardless of sobriety. Don't think that we want to go down that rabbit hole.

Blood work is not automatically taken for police records. If that was the case the police could insist on a blood test for a simple traffic stop. A police assess the situation at the scene. Insurance will be paid regardless of sobriety. Don't think that we want to go down that rabbit hole.

sure. I get all that. But there is a decent amount of property damage here. That is my thought and there is a bit of history.

But again. I freely admit to not know standard procedure here.. just spit balling what would make sense to me if it was done and why..

Back