60 mph = 88 ft/sec. Don't ask me why I remember that, I just do. So 70 mph =~103 fps, and 75 mph =110 fps.

The fact of the matter is that you don’t know what happened. Nor do I.
The LEO said he was travelling at a "relatively greater speed than normal". Reading between the lines there, seems evident Tiger was beating the 💩 out of that Genesis to a degree that probably endangered others.

None of us will ever know exactly what happened in that cockpit though.

if his car traveled 700 feet after it crashed or crossed the median then he wasn't just driving down the road, he was doing something he should not have been doing....speeding, texting, drunk, high etc...something. i don't think he got too involved jamming to billy idol on the radio

Clearly you’ve never gotten down with Rebel Yell at a stop light sir... 🤯

None of us will ever know exactly what happened in that cockpit though

Don’t be too sure of that LOL. A quick hook up to the OBD and you’ll get speed, throttle and brake usage, steering input, lateral load on the car, whether he was wearing a seatbelt, when exactly the airbags fired, what he had for breakfast (I made that last bit up).

We just don't know yet... there may have been mechanical failure. It's way too soon to assume any cause for it. I'm thankful and glad Tiger seems to be recovering and hope that the recovery is complete at the end of the day.

Don’t be too sure of that LOL. A quick hook up to the OBD and you’ll get speed, throttle and brake usage, steering input, lateral load on the car, whether he was wearing a seatbelt, when exactly the airbags fired, what he had for breakfast (I made that last bit up).

It's Tiger Woods though. Probably different standards for him, than for you and I. That's probably why the LEO said "relatively greater speed than normal", versus "he was way over the limit".

I am sure Tiger's lawyers are already on this case for him and will let as little come out as possible.

I am showing about 450 feet between where vehicle crossed median and took out the neightborhood sign, and where it came to rest. If speed limit on that road is 45mph, that is a velocity of 66 ft. /sec.

1614195846631.png

456 ft @ 66ft/second is 6.9 seconds of elapsed time at posted speed limits. Or shorter time if he was going faster. If he was going 90, still 3.5+ seconds of ET.

(Coincidentally, 6.9 seconds is a top-11 average Driver hang time on the PGA Tour!)

It's Tiger Woods though. Probably different standards for him, than for you and I. That's probably why the LEO said "relatively greater speed than normal", versus "he was way over the limit".

I am sure Tiger's lawyers are already on this case for him and will let as little come out as possible.

LOL, yeah, fair point.

60 mph = 88 ft/sec. Don't ask me why I remember that, I just do. So 70 mph =~103 fps, and 75 mph =110 fps.
Just looked it up you have a pretty good memory. And 80 mph is 117.33 feet per second. So put those potential speeds together with entering an area of the road where its speed and type change coupled with the fact a person may never have traveled before and add in the possibility of something entering his path or having to take evasive action and traveling potentially 100-120 feet before the mind can process what the eyes have seen its possible that is what unfortunately happened here.

Did the Sun really send that tweet out as to provide information and outlets are running with it? It shows nothing.

If I am to believe the article, it shows a G80 identified as his on a section of road near the accident scene. I think this is an attempt to show he was driving normally, but I wouldn't presume to think for The Sun.

Just looked it up you have a pretty good memory/QUOTE]

God gave me a slow CPU, so He upgraded my RAM.

I dunno. Did you ask Jack? ;)

I did. He gave a long winded speech that sounded a lot like Kermit the Frog extolling how amazing he is. It was weird.

lots of excuses for a guy that could have easily killed an innocent person with his reckless driving.
Nor, do we know that it was reckless driving. It could very well have been brake failure. To speculate is totally irresponsible.

It could be any number of things. It was an unfamiliar vehicle. He could have mistaken the accelerator and the brake. Happens more often than we think.

Back