The Match II: Tiger Woods & Peyton Manning vs Phil Mickelson & Tom Brady

I guess it's a personal choice. I've been to lots of Pro Ams and do not like watching the amateurs play, too many bad shots.
On this thread , a couple of times I've posed the question "do you want to see Tiger or Phil throw a football"? To me that's the same thing as watching football players on a golf course. I don't want to see Tiger or Phil throw a football but maybe some people do. To each his/her own.
If Phil or Tiger were reasonably competent QBs, sure it would be fun to get them in a live NFL game and watch them try to match up with Peyton or Brady.

Watching them "throw a football" would be about as interesting as watching Lefty and Tiger with Peyton and Brady at the driving range. Completely different thing.

I think Peyton and Phil vs Tiger and Brady would be the right line up. You would have almost GOATs vs Cheaters.

I think Peyton and Phil vs Tiger and Brady would be the right line up. You would have almost GOATs vs Cheaters.
please don't make me route for brady! Peyton and Tiger - dynamic duo....

I'm actually interested in seeing how Brady interacts. All we've ever seen of him is so vanilla and polished. Maybe since he escaped the empire he'll open up and show how he really is. One can hope.
Being a Pats fan, I will miss him. All those joyous moments and wins. Many I saw in person. Watching these four greats together is a treat.

So is this on, still being planned, or was it an April Fool’s joke? Or did I miss it already?

James calls me a kill joy, but I'm starting to think against this. You want to do it for charity, awesome, all four of you donate money out of pocket, and let the people who are home and those who can't work watch it for free.

James calls me a kill joy, but I'm starting to think against this. You want to do it for charity, awesome, all four of you donate money out of pocket, and let the people who are home and those who can't work watch it for free.
I'm pretty sure I read that they weren't planning on going PPV for this one, were going to have it on network TV and get the revenue from advertising rather than PPV fees.

I can get behind this. Pay per view? I’m not interested.

If Phil or Tiger were reasonably competent QBs, sure it would be fun to get them in a live NFL game and watch them try to match up with Peyton or Brady.

Watching them "throw a football" would be about as interesting as watching Lefty and Tiger with Peyton and Brady at the driving range. Completely different thing.
I would have preferred an Old Guard v. Newcomers competition. Phil and Tiger on the same team, against Wolff and Morikawa. Or if more star power is needed, against JT and Xander.

That would have maybe been cool too... I agree that Peyton Manning is funny but I don’t care to see him .org tom Brady play golf.

the last article I saw thought that it was not going to be pay per view since it was such a bust last time.
I think it also said, any revenue generated from commercials would be donated to charity.

Golf icons Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson will return for the second edition of The Match, joined by two of the NFL’s greatest players of all time in Peyton Manning and Tom Brady for a two-on-two live golf competition called The Match: Champions for Charity, with all donations and fundraising to benefit COVID-19 relief.

Turner Sports has confirmed that the event will air live on TNT, planned for next month, with details on the specific date, venue and charitable causes to be announced in the coming weeks

So this is happening some time next month. Gonna go out on a limb and say it's happening in Florida. Not South Florida, since most courses are closed there. 🤷‍♂️

Golf icons Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson will return for the second edition of The Match, joined by two of the NFL’s greatest players of all time in Peyton Manning and Tom Brady for a two-on-two live golf competition called The Match: Champions for Charity, with all donations and fundraising to benefit COVID-19 relief.

Turner Sports has confirmed that the event will air live on TNT, planned for next month, with details on the specific date, venue and charitable causes to be announced in the coming weeks

So this is happening some time next month. Gonna go out on a limb and say it's happening in Florida. Not South Florida, since most courses are closed there. 🤷‍♂️
Looking forward to this one, definitely will watch. I wonder if Brady will bring Gronk as his caddy. :LOL:

Looking forward to this one, definitely will watch. I wonder if Brady will bring Gronk as his caddy. :LOL:

Let's be real... This might be the first live sports event happening anytime soon.

Let's be real... This might be the first live sports event happening anytime soon.
Right. Finally something live to watch though. Better than these reruns ;)

Yea, I will tune in. Should be fun on TNT.

They should get the TNT basketball crew to facilitate. Barkley and Shaq would be great.

Is this still happening in May?

Wow I cant read....

If its free, i may watch

Yeah I just saw this on IG

Screenshot_20200422-193625_Instagram.jpg

I hope Brady & Mickelson get destroyed!!!

Back