Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012: The Masters

I wish!
Work. Cough. Work. Cough. Sleep. Cough. Work. Cough. Cough.

Sounds like you're coming down with something, you may need to call in sick, lol

I called Erin yesterday morning while she was driving to work and told her I wanted to go buy a PS3 and this game so I could play Augusta. She said, "that's fine, go ahead, but you can only have one golf thing that consumes you. You choose: THP or Tiger Woods Golf." That girl knows what she's doing for sure, hahaha. Guess what I chose?

Sounds like you're coming down with something, you may need to call in sick, lol

I called Erin yesterday morning while she was driving to work and told her I wanted to go buy a PS3 and this game so I could play Augusta. She said, "that's fine, go ahead, but you can only have one golf thing that consumes you. You choose: THP or Tiger Woods Golf." That girl knows what she's doing for sure, hahaha. Guess what I chose?

You chose the PS3. Isn't that why tapatalk was created? So your wife doesn't know when you THP?

You chose the PS3. Isn't that why tapatalk was created? So your wife doesn't know when you THP?

hahaha, I hate THP'ing on tapatalk, but it's a nice option to have. No, I didn't buy the console or the game. I have a 2 1/2 year old, we like to play outside together.

Trust me though, I'd love to have this game for sure.

I was playing a match and I had to 2 putt to win. The heart started beating like it does and my putter meter disappeared. Gone. Nothing. Not having a clue how hard to hit it, I left it short. Then the next putt (still no putting meter) I took to much. I ended up 6 jacking to drop 20+ places in the standings. Stupid game

What difficulty are you playing on? I've been on pro mode right now so I make sure to save some focus for those shots. Wait till you play tourney level... no shot guidelines or landing areas outlined, you really have to trust your caddy then.

hahaha, I hate THP'ing on tapatalk, but it's a nice option to have. No, I didn't buy the console or the game. I have a 2 1/2 year old, we like to play outside together.

Trust me though, I'd love to have this game for sure.

If my winter was minimal like yours I'd probably be in the same situation. The ps3 gets me through the cabin fever.

Go back to caddie mode and it will come back, then go into address mode and pull the trigger quickly, youll catch it before it fades.
I was playing a match and I had to 2 putt to win. The heart started beating like it does and my putter meter disappeared. Gone. Nothing. Not having a clue how hard to hit it, I left it short. Then the next putt (still no putting meter) I took to much. I ended up 6 jacking to drop 20+ places in the standings. Stupid game

What difficulty are you playing on? I've been on pro mode right now so I make sure to save some focus for those shots. Wait till you play tourney level... no shot guidelines or landing areas outlined, you really have to trust your caddy then.

I am playing tour pro. I hate spin and power boost (though powerboost is sometimes "realistic"). I would have no problem with spin if you had to "declare" it before the shot, but the "change the spin in mid air" thing is annoying to me. I played 2011 with "true view" or whatever they call it (no landing area) and I did just fine with it. My problem is that they don't give you enough information to make it "real". I mean, a pro knows their carry yardage for each iron and they know exact yardage to (and over) everything on the course. They simply don't give you that kind of detail but yet expect you to play a vantage point without a landing area.

Originally I loved the new caddie feature, but the more I play it the more it feels like the caddy is playing the round for you. he also has me do crazy shots like a 78% 5i instead of just clubbing me up to the 6 and letting me take a full swing (or choke down). 78% is pretty tough to hit regularly.

I need to find a used 360 and get this game, I miss playing

I am playing tour pro. I hate spin and power boost (though powerboost is sometimes "realistic"). I would have no problem with spin if you had to "declare" it before the shot, but the "change the spin in mid air" thing is annoying to me. I played 2011 with "true view" or whatever they call it (no landing area) and I did just fine with it. My problem is that they don't give you enough information to make it "real". I mean, a pro knows their carry yardage for each iron and they know exact yardage to (and over) everything on the course. They simply don't give you that kind of detail but yet expect you to play a vantage point without a landing area.

Originally I loved the new caddie feature, but the more I play it the more it feels like the caddy is playing the round for you. he also has me do crazy shots like a 78% 5i instead of just clubbing me up to the 4 and letting me take a full swing (or choke down). 78% is pretty tough to hit regularly.

Yep, I think the spin and power boost is unnecessary. I mainly use the focus for reading putts and getting rid of "the zone" feeling.

There are a few instances where I feel the caddy isn't necessary, but for the most part he's putting you in a good spot for the next shot. Remember that your caddie's advice will get better when you beat the certain tasks for each course. I usually manipulate the shots when they're under 80% swing because it's hard to be consistent.

Yep, I think the spin and power boost is unnecessary. I mainly use the focus for reading putts and getting rid of "the zone" feeling.

There are a few instances where I feel the caddy isn't necessary, but for the most part he's putting you in a good spot for the next shot. Remember that your caddie's advice will get better when you beat the certain tasks for each course. I usually manipulate the shots when they're under 80% swing because it's hard to be consistent.

I love the course management side of golf, and tiger woods as well.
When I got really good on the older original xbox versions, it was because I almost never hit driver. I picked distances that I could hit 100% shots into the green. The people I played with in college always gave me a hard time for hitting 3i off the tee. Then I would post a -20 on them.

I haven't played enough to have any really good feel about the game yet. I made it through the front 9 of augusta last night and then started playing in the AM tour and getting my butt kicked on skins.

I love the course management side of golf, and tiger woods as well.
When I got really good on the older original xbox versions, it was because I almost never hit driver. I picked distances that I could hit 100% shots into the green. The people I played with in college always gave me a hard time for hitting 3i off the tee. Then I would post a -20 on them.I haven't played enough to have any really good feel about the game yet. I made it through the front 9 of augusta last night and then started playing in the AM tour and getting my butt kicked on skins.

absolutely. On last year's game because they had the wedges land like bombs and automatically suck back 40 feet even if you put no spin on them, i would always tee off with a 3 iron (usually lower) to get to 150-170 yards out so i could hit a 6-pw on my approach shots. It was so much easier to get it close hitting a full 8 than trying to play a half sand wedge and trying to figure out where to land it so it wouldn't spin off the green. the way they had the wedges play on last year's game made shooting par at pinehurst impossible. there were holes where you had absolutely no chance at keeping the ball on the green

My PS3 ID is STL_Hokie.

*skim*

My "skills" are only mid-80's. I've won the FedEx Cup, mastered all of the Masters Moments. How in the heck can I get my skills up higher?

*skim*

My "skills" are only mid-80's. I've won the FedEx Cup, mastered all of the Masters Moments. How in the heck can I get my skills up higher?

If you're winning tournaments by a large margin, go into settings and turn up the scores the computer shoots. That will give you more XP when you win. I don't really think there's an easy way to stock up on XP like there was last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're winning tournaments by a large margin, go into settings and turn up the scores the computer shoots. That will give you more XP when you win. I don't really think there's an easy way to stock up on XP like there was last year.

I have no problems getting XP. My problem is that I can't add to my skills. There is that limiting bar and I can't get higher than an 85 rating on my skill.s

I have no problems getting XP. My problem is that I can't add to my skills. There is that limiting bar and I can't get higher than an 85 rating on my skill.s

Ohhhh. That's as high as they go. You get them higher with the prototype clubs and clothes that give you a % bonus.

Ohhhh. That's as high as they go. You get them higher with the prototype clubs and clothes that give you a % bonus.

Fair enough. Too bad I'm not that much a fan of the Prototype clothes. I guess I'm going to have to make a choice then.

I just noticed the Playstation network is back up. I haven't played this game since it's been down, so I'm wondering if anyone has been practicing and is ready to beat me yet? Haha

Has anybody tried this out on Wii? My wife and I just won a Wii at one of her work parties. It's the first time we've had a game system since i had an original XBOX in 2006.

Is it relate-able to real golf? How are the graphics?

I've played the golf game on the Wii sports/sports resort and that's pretty marginal.

Can anybody help me out?

Has anybody tried this out on Wii? My wife and I just won a Wii at one of her work parties. It's the first time we've had a game system since i had an original XBOX in 2006.

Is it relate-able to real golf? How are the graphics?

I've played the golf game on the Wii sports/sports resort and that's pretty marginal.

Can anybody help me out?

Haven't played 2012 on Wii yet, but the ones in the past are amazing. Obviously there are going to be differences, but it is really awesome IMO. :D

Haven't played 2012 on Wii yet, but the ones in the past are amazing. Obviously there are going to be differences, but it is really awesome IMO. :D

Thanks for the feedback. I'm looking to pick it up in the next couple days. Hopefully my fake golf won't get in the way of my real golf.

I have the 360 verision and it is great, putting takes a little while to get used to but it is not really a problem

already purchased....but good luck to all and enjoy...

Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere (and also possible skim alert) but I just saw that this is being released for PC and Mac on Sept. 6th

Back