Tiger Woods: Ryder Cup Captain 2022?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Kevin Na let it slip, or at least brought a rumor. From Sky Sports UK interview.

“My goal is to make the Ryder Cup team this year, and I know the following Ryder Cup is in Italy and the captain I believe is Tiger Woods, so that’s another thing that I’m looking forward to.”

“I heard rumours! Am I starting a rumour? That’s what I heard. Am I not supposed to say anything? I don’t know, I’ve heard rumours! I won’t tell you who I heard them from, but it wasn’t from him. It was from one of his friends!”

Kevin Na is awesome.

I saw that. Knowing TW, he would be hoping to play in the 2020 RC.

I’m all for it. Fully expect him to end up a multiple time captain.

Very possible!
Would he be a player coach you think....
Or by then, would the talent be ahead of him

I'm okay with TW being captain. Respect.

Heck yeah!!

I mean he is at the right age for being a RC Captain and has been a multiple RC competitor. However, would be a bit concerned based on the President's Cup. The euros are good and they are hosting.

I love this. Tiger will be a multiple RC captain going forward

I’d be all for it.

If it isn’t him, I don’t want to watch (yes I do)

coming off the presidents cup rally how could you not want tw to restore usa glory in the rc???

Woods is the ultimate captain! 100% love it

Tiger can captain whatever the hell he wants for however long he wants as far as I am concerned.
Right? Exactly how I feel.

I'd be all for it. Let's go Big Cat.

Oh yeah!!! 🐯

Kevin Na would be an awesome pro to play a round of golf with.

this two time captain thing seems to be catching on.

It would be fun to see Tiger as the captain but would be really want his first time captaining the Ryder cup to be in Europe?

Oh please let it be true...…...………..how many times has he played on the winning side, and what is his record? Last time out in Paris, how did that go?

Tiger Woods (1997-99-2002-04-06-10-12)W-L-TSFSBBPoints% W
73313-17-34-1-24-8-15-8-014.544

I mean he is at the right age for being a RC Captain and has been a multiple RC competitor. However, would be a bit concerned based on the President's Cup. The euros are good and they are hosting.
If I was Tiger I would let Phil captain the 2022 Ryder Cup on European soil and take the risk of losing on the road and then take over in 2024 to get the higher likelihood of winning on US soil. That would be the ultimate gamesmanship move 😂

I’m down for TW as captain!

I would think Phil would be a Captain before Tiger but maybe they are saving a Phil for a home cup.

Back