Tiger's place - The Woods

Brassie

Reaction score
Had lunch there yesterday before we flew home. It was a bit surprising, as I would have thought there would have been a lot more of Tiger's memorabilia there. The food was ok. I took a couple of photos, so you can see.... The bar was pretty cool with these big columns of marble that are backlit. There was a cool sequence photo of Tiger fist pumping after a big putt. I picked up my 1st TW Nike hat there and they had scorecards for Bluejack National for delivering your check. I asked the waitress and she said Tiger comes in fairly often but during a slow time, to not cause a huge disruption. I asked whether he has thought about bringing in more of his memorabilia and she disclosed they are thinking about doing a display of his 5 Masters green jackets.

Have any of you been there? What did you think? What other great players have restaurants?

NyH0lxv.jpg

x2drfce.jpg

fQblltN.jpg

4sPc3Io.jpg

u3oy6cw.jpg

In May, I was staying In Jupiter for a few days. I had dinner there with my wife and daughter. I had steak. It was similar to most high end steakhouses. Nothing spectacular about it.

I agree here in that I think it lacks a lot. I also thought the food was closer to Applebees than a good restaurant.
Neat environment, but would have definitely thought there would be more "Woods".

In May, I was staying In Jupiter for a few days. I had dinner there with my wife and daughter. I had steak. It was similar to most high end steakhouses. Nothing spectacular about it.
I did see the pretty massive display of wine... I did notice the steak part of the menu... so maybe I'll have to go back and have dinner next year.

I agree here in that I think it lacks a lot. I also thought the food was closer to Applebees than a good restaurant.
Neat environment, but would have definitely thought there would be more "Woods".
Exactly! I didn't want to diss it with my first post, so to see what others thought... but you captured it succinctly. My biggest disappointment was lack of memorabilia. Like a key putter on display or things like that. The 5 Masters jackets in a great display would be very cool!

I agree about the more “Woods”. Other than the name, the Blue Jack National Scorecard and that the waitstaff wore black Nike shirts, nothing really says Tiger there.

Interesting feedback. I would still give it a shot if I found myself in Jupiter. I mean Tiger.

But I am far more interested in the public course he designed, Payne’s Valley at Big Cedar Lodge. I haven't been to the Ozarks since 1981. Pictures are intriguing.

I agree about the more “Woods”. Other than the name, the Blue Jack National Scorecard and that the waitstaff wore black Nike shirts, nothing really says Tiger there.
If I was able to manage it and influence it, it would have a ton more "Woods" in there and I would hire some top flight pro chefs to up the quality by a mile or two.

I did see the pretty massive display of wine... I did notice the steak part of the menu... so maybe I'll have to go back and have dinner next year.

That’s what I was referring to as a high end steakhouse - the menu and the wine. Again, the steak I had was good. My daughter had a very good salmon dinner.

Never been but agree there should be more memorabilia. I'd eat there for a look at those 5 Green Jackets, despite the food reviews.
I really hope some of Tiger's memorabilia comes out here too. Tiger's only public access course, (Payne's Valley) opened for preview play here last week (well part of it did-13 holes). It will be pricey but I can't wait for the full course to come available to all of us next spring.
https://bigcedar.com/golf/paynes-valley-course/

Never been but agree there should be more memorabilia. I'd eat there for a look at those 5 Green Jackets, despite the food reviews.
I really hope some of Tiger's memorabilia comes out here too. Tiger's only public access course, (Payne's Valley) opened for preview play here last week (well part of it did-13 holes). It will be pricey but I can't wait for the full course to come available to all of us next spring.
https://bigcedar.com/golf/paynes-valley-course/

Yes! the Masters jackets in a wonderful display with key photos would be excellent. Along with a putter, that made a critical winning putt, with the photos of it happening, like the Player's 2001 putt on 17. The iron he used in the dark at the Firestone on that incredible 167yd approach shot to within 2 or 3 feet. The wedge he used to chip-in on 16 at the Masters in 2005. There are a ton of key moments they could display with the clubs/balls used.

How fitting for Tiger to design Payne's tribute course! It looks beautiful!

Back