Tim Tebow: Are you fan or foe?

Tim Tebow: Are you fan or foe?

• fan

Votes: 84 81.6%
  • foe

Votes: 19 18.4%

• Total voters
I think so too. And I think Elway will be a big reason why. I don think he's in love with Tebow and will look more at "stats" and less at the end result, the wins and fan support.

Agreed. His own coach said he is a terrible QB but whatever it is they are doing is working so they won't mess with it this season. But I wouldn't bet on him being #1 next season. I think he will stay in the NFL and he will make a fine backup but he won't be a starter. But at least he has this year to remember.

Twice in 7 games.
Not bad for a team with no talent around him on the offense side of the ball at all. Heck their future back is out (and stinks), their top WR was traded and they were near winless before he came in to start. Not too shabby.

Just looked at the Den/Minny box score and remembered what I was thinking about. One Den score was a pick six. I don't count that as an offensive/Tebow score, therefore, the offense scored 28. Anyway...that's splitting hairs. But I agree TC, he has done a lot with a team that Josh McDaniels decimated. Can't deny that.

I am in Dallas, and we don't get much Denver coverage, and I don't really follow the team, it just seems like they were winning a lot of very low scoring games. Its your defense that wins those kind of games, not your quarterback. If I was a coach preparing to play the Broncos, I would be much more concerned with their Defense than with Tebow.

There is no doubt that Tebow has turned them around. Is he a passing QB? Hell no, but he does score for them when they need it and it doesn't matter if he's putting the points on the board by passing or running the ball, he's putting them up when needed.

My opinion about Tebow is this... There a lot of guys in the NFL with talent. But how many of them have morals and decency. Sure Tebow is talented. Does he have work to do? Yes. But will we see him in a scuffle in a night club? Will we see him pull a gun or shoot himself on accident? Will we see him try to take advantage of young girls looking for fame? NO! We won't see him do any of that. Because he has a good heart and a strong mind. I think he deserves to be in the NFL more almost all the other's with more talent than him! You guys understand what I mean. He is an "ACTUAL" roll model I would want my kids looking up to. Not the Pacman Jones of the league... And there are many more that I won't list.

Here is the question? If the Broncos are on T.V. do you watch the game? Yes. 8 weeks ago-no. So I am a fan.

I like Tebow as a guy. Seems really great. I'm just not a huge fan of him as a football player, but since his team is winning I won't argue that for now. That being said, it would be cool to see him win even though I don't think he will long term. I kind of hope he does though. I just don't really like how his fans deify him because his team wins. Nothing against him, but so many people think he's the best thing since sliced bread because he is winning. Other guys win games too.

I'm a Tebow fan. As an athlete, he's got an unstoppable desire to win. I think he can become a good quarterback. I mean he's got all of these things wrong with his mechanics etc. but he's still finding a way to win games; imagine what happens when the game starts to slow down for him and he starts making consistent throws....As a Christian myself, it's admirable to see a guy so open about his faith and so willing to give God all of his glory. Tebow makes me want to be a better person and to live my life 100% for God

I think Tebow starts again next season. I think Elway is saying what needs to be/should be said. Tebow is progressing and faster than some thought was possible (Dilfer's piece after MNF was interesting). As JB is saying, Denver is missing some important pieces and I think they need to address those a lot more than they need to address QB if they want to keep competitive over the next couple of seasons.

I've got nothing against him, but I don't get it myself. If you build a team and/or structure an offense around this guy based as much on his running as his passing, what happens when he goes down? If he runs it 15-20 times a game, he's more likely to get hurt than your typical QB, though granted he seems to be a tough SOB. Do you have a backup QB that can run it 15-20 times a game?

Doesn't seem like a blueprint for long term success unless he becomes a much better passer. Remember the Wildcat? You don't see that much anymore.

As for his religion, I'm a Wiccan, so it makes me uncomfortable.

Kevin

I like Tebow as a guy. Seems really great. I'm just not a huge fan of him as a football player, but since his team is winning I won't argue that for now. That being said, it would be cool to see him win even though I don't think he will long term. I kind of hope he does though. I just don't really like how his fans deify him because his team wins. Nothing against him, but so many people think he's the best thing since sliced bread because he is winning. Other guys win games too.

Damaikis and I are of one mind with Tebow. I like the man. I support the man. As a fellow Christian and local kid I can't not root for him to do well. I hope all of the local NFL guys do well. I hope he improves. I'm just not sold on him as a long term QB because of the passing skills. Great football player, great runner, but needs work to be a long term QB - he can't run forever. Knees get old. Injuries happen. He's got to bring up his passing game to a higher level. If he does there will be nothing not to love. Until then I just want more sanity from the crazed fans. Having been surrounded by them for a decade it gets old.

I am somewhat agnostic when it comes to Tebow. If he does well, it will be a nice story. If he becomes a career backup, so what?

I don't care about the guy's faith one way or another, but he is one of the most boring sports personalities of all time. When it comes to football, he really has nothing to say, and his voice and rapid fire, staccato speech patterns are annoying. I can barely listen to 30 seconds of his cliched, aw shucks, tripe before I have to turn away.

As a QB, he is a winner, but he won't last. Defenses will figure out how to play him and he will eventually have to rely on his arm. His arm is not NFL quality. I think Mike Vick is a great comparison, with the exception that Tebow is a little more durable. People keep thinking Mike Vick is the "QB of the future" and he keeps letting everyone down. Tebow will be the same, and probably have 3 or 4 good years at most.

I think he seems like a good guy and it's a great story line to follow, I forsee him not being a starter in the league long term, but it's good buzz for Denver this year for sure!

I am a little of both. I can't be mad at a guy who has such strong beliefs and lives his life the way he does. With all of the "punk" athletes out there, at least he keeps his nose squeeky clean. On the other hand, I feel like he is a bit too over the top with his presentation and every question answered has god tied to it. I just feel like he should be able to separate his work and faith a little more than he does as it feels a bit forced.

He is managing the game like he did in College, and I it seems to be working. Maybe Vince Young should try this...

As a Georgia fan I did not like him. I respect him for his leadership skills and he just gets it done. I am not a fan but do like his determination.

I will openly admit that I am not a Broncos fan but I am a Tebow fan. I respect him and just want to see him succeed. I love his faith (we share the same beliefs) and I am proud that he is so passionate about them. What are your thoughts?

Tebow is a great football player. He brings attention to unjust causes in the world. I am all for that. Makes no difference what label the good work is under.

I am a fan, but I do not think he is a good NFL QB.

Amazed at how he just wills his team to win. I don't believe he's a great QB, but an exceptional player. Can't help but root for the guy.

I could care less about the whole thing. The guy does what he does and that's win. Give me all the sexy stats in the world, all the matters to me is a W or a L. If Trent Dilfer can win a superbowl in this league with a good ground game and defense then who is to say Tebow can't do the exact same.

Somebody once said "just win baby," I don't remember there being a part to that about having a textbook throwing motion or leaving your personality in the lockeroom.

The poll results say it all. I think Tebow is getting a lot of fans every single week. Heck I don't like the Broncos and I hate the Gators so I was more against Tebow succeeding than anything but each week he just brings me in a little more. I hope this keeps up I really do.

Thing is, are the Bronco's going to be willing to restructure their entire offensive team around him? They have always been a passing team

Thing is, are the Bronco's going to be willing to restructure their entire offensive team around him? They have always been a passing team

I'm not sure they have to. Anyway, if they wanted to be a pass happy team why'd they hire Fox as HC?

Great guy and a good NFL player. Wish there were more players who were as excited to help others as he is.

I think he is fun to watch because you don't know what's going to happen when he is out there, a mess on one play and a miracle on the next, not really a fan though.

Back