Tip for Mattress Delivery?

FrancisD

Reaction score
Handicap
Last mattress I had delivered was around 12 years ago but don't remember what I did... I'm getting a mattress and foundation delivered next week with setup and removal of the old mattress and box spring. How much if any do I tip these guys? I live in a 3rd floor walkup. I'm thinking $50? The delivery was "free".

I’d wait to see how they work. I’m thinking $50.00 on the upper end and 0.00 on the lower end.

Last time I moved I used professional movers. The tip I gave them was less than I’d have paid if they’d have worked slow. But still a huge (for me) tip. If they’d have lolly-gagged around my tip would have been zero. As it was, they moved so fast I was scared of getting in their way.

So I went and mowed the grass at my new place instead of getting ran over.

I usually wait to see how people do. Its nothing personal.
They waited for me to vacuum under where the old one was, which was nice. (y)

Wait and see how they do. Having been employed as a mover in the past, sharing a $50 tip with my swamper would have made my day to deliver a mattress!
Anywhere from $10 and up is completely acceptable if it’s quick and they simply carry out the old set and bring in the new.
Safety footwear stays on.

I tip as a matter of routine. But with such a quick swap, I'd go $20. $30 max and that's if they made me laugh or were otherwise great personalities.

I've given $50 more than a few times in the past but it was relative to depth of service and time spent.

I gave $20 to the guys that replaced my washer and $30 to the guys that replaced my fridge. They were a couple of years apart in being replaced and it was entirely dependent on the cash I had on hand at the time.

The last 2 mattresses I've replaced I did it myself. They were both new memory foam type of mattresses. Both were in boxes. The first one had wheels built into the box. My wife and I fought that one upstairs ourselves without too much issue.

The second one I got upstairs with my son. No issues.

This was in my 2 story home. A 3 story apartment is a different story. I hope you enjoy your new mattress!

Heck yes and for most deliveries currently. In the middle of a pandemic a lot of people wouldn’t do this type of work. During our move we have had a lot of delivery and service people and they have earned a bit extra.

Take care of people who work hard. It makes their day and often it doesn't cost much to us. Too much negative energy in the world these days and nothing like some generosity to counteract that.

Heck yes and for most deliveries currently. In the middle of a pandemic a lot of people wouldn’t do this type of work. During our move we have had a lot of delivery and service people and they have earned a bit extra.

I was coming in here to say pretty much 100% this.

A very good friend of mine own a mattress store and tells me horror stories when it comes to deliveries and removals.
The things he has seen and had to endure would shake many people to their core.

A 3rd floor walkup definitely deserves $50 to haul a mattress and foundation up there and the removal back down.
That is provided they treat you, your new purchase and your walls in a professional manner.

We had furniture delivered at the beginning of the pandemic and the guys were in and out so fast they didnt' even wait for a tip. They had to return a few weeks later with a part that was missing, and then we tipped them.

I agree with waiting to see how they do. But with the way things are I like to try and give a bit extra when I can.

A very good friend of mine own a mattress store and tells me horror stories when it comes to deliveries and removals.
The things he has seen and had to endure would shake many people to their core.

A 3rd floor walkup definitely deserves $50 to haul a mattress and foundation up there and the removal back down.
That is provided they treat you, your new purchase and your walls in a professional manner.
You can't leave us hanging:ROFLMAO:

For me personally, I've taken my used mattresses to the landfill, paid the $15 disposal fee and loaded them into the recycling trailer they have.

Perfect timing, mattress delivered today and I have our final event in our yearly tournament tomorrow (UPS Cup finished 16th and missed 4 events so I am getting 2 strokes extra) and get an extra hour of sleep to break it in! Wound up tipping the guys $80. They showed up on time, wore masks, took my old bed frame to the dumpster...

IMG_1669.jpg

Back