Tip your fitter? Fitting at True Spec Golf

Tip the fitter at a "franchise" like True Spec/Club Champion?

• Total voters

Gyro25

It's a Jersey thiiinngg
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've had one fitting before at a local shop by one of the owners, but next weekend will be my first at a franchise (True Spec Golf).

Another factor is that it is actually complimentary, as is the driver (srixon zx5) thanks to a Instagram contest. They say I should be there about 2 hours?!?!? 😯 my first one was only 1 hour I think

Now in normal circumstances, do you tip the fitter? If it's a free fitting?

Just don't want to look like an idiot :ROFLMAO:

I'll be sure to chronicle my fitting on the 15th, just hoping the baby stays put until at least the next day lol

Let his effort and your conscious be your guide. I’d have a couple $20’s at minimum on me. Zero guaranteed. All can be earned.

If you think the instructor deserves a tip, then tip the person. Tips should be earned, and should not be expected.

The amount of the tip is entirely up the person giving the tip.

Foreigner question.

If this is your job would you expect a tip?

Ehhh, probably? I’ll let guys more directly involved speak.

It’s pretty common to tip for most services here, especially if you feel they did a great job.

Case in point, when I moved into my house I looked up what an appropriate tip was for movers. Looked like they did ok hourly so in my my mind that’s a little different.

I got a crew of 3 young guys on a Friday. Probably a good thing they were 3 young guys on a Friday, 😂.

I tried to keep up with them (80# heavier then) and quickly gave up. I ended up mowing the grass at my new house as my now ex directed traffic at the new place. Those guys were literally running up and down the stairs. I’m sure on Monday it’d have gone to 8 billable hours but on a Friday I bought them lunch and we were here in the minimum of 4. They probably beat that even.

I’d looked up what was a decent tip and I had that in my pocket. As I picked up their lunch I doubled it as my brain did the math if they dragged their asses and stopped at the bank too.

Foreigner question.

If this is your job would you expect a tip?
How is this a "foreigner" question.

There are certain jobs / positions that expect a tip and that has changed significantly from 5-10 years ago where people "earn" the tip. FYI, not many people do but expect it (Looking at you Starbuck et al)

I had a long rant about service industry / min wages etc, but meh

Why not tip the person if he wants to. A service has been provided and even more so if it 's not expected that's just even more of a bonus to the person receiving it. That's literally what a tip should be. A bonus on top of the wage provided (same as commission / targeted sales of any kind based on performance).

You're getting a free driver.... YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULD TIP THE FITTER........

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I would likely tip, especially since this is part of a contest. Just a thank you to the person / company doing the contest.

Maybe since it's free to you (Someone is paying True Spec I guarantee that), but at the rate those types of places charge there is no way I am tipping them. I think Club Champion is a great business, but charge me $150ish/hour for your services and you have been paid plenty IMO.

OK, so this is my rule of thumb on tipping. If the guy / girl did a job for you and your satisfied with the work then tip accordingly. But if it's the owner of the business then I feel it's subjective, I typically don't.

In a

There are certain jobs / positions that expect a tip and that has changed significantly from 5-10 years ago where people "earn" the tip. FYI, not many people do but expect it (Looking at you Starbuck et al)

Why not tip the person if he wants to. A service has been provided and even more so if it 's not expected that's just even more of a bonus to the person receiving it. That's literally what a tip should be. A bonus on top of the wage provided (same as commission / targeted sales of any kind based on performance).
[/QUOTE
ln Australia we do not tip nor expect it .

nope

Ok so I'm getting a fitting at club champion next week. Never find a true fitting before, it's sort of pricey in my mind I did find a discount. I could Sr tipping based on service, but it seems the price is not like that of say table waiting or hair cutting, so?

Tipping is actually not as common in other countries as it is in the US. Most places the employer pays the employee instead of the customer. When I served tables and someone from Europe was at my table I could guarentee getting a really low $1-$3 tip or getting nothing. In Asian cultures tipping is even considered rude.

Let's not make this thread about tipping in other circumstances, just if you have had a fitting and felt it was needed/appropriate to tip the fitter..

I added a poll up top to keep some sort of count

I probably wouldn’t tip but if it was a good experience I would let them know I will utilize their services in the future (paid).

In this specific case, since you won the item and have no expense involved, I would tip the person ~$20 and say "thanks for your help," assuming that they actually were helpful.

In this specific case, since you won the item and have no expense involved, I would tip the person ~$20 and say "thanks for your help," assuming that they actually were helpful.
Though my planned fitting is not free, I'll probably do the same thing.

Nope. It’s not like he’s not getting paid just because it’s free to you. They charge enough, he’s not gonna starve

Like I previously stated in a franchise situation, if he is an employee, yes if he is the owner of the said franchise ,no. The employee is only getting a fraction of the fee your paying and doing all the work while the owner is getting the bulk of the fee, and yes I know that he has overhead and franchise fees to pay but that is only a fraction of his costs.

Definitely not. He's there getting paid regardless if you won a fitting or not. I understand the gesture but I would not

If you feel like he did a great job and you're happy then the "tip" could be going back to him for future business

I don't tip the fitter at CC however I did get him a nice Rum and Rock Glass Combo set and a bottle of Kettle One for his fellow fitter at Christmas time.

Never would have considered it, but since it is a contest... I guess I can see the thought. If you feel like he does a good job and won't be getting a commission off a sale, then I makes sense to slide something his way.

I just find it interesting what jobs get tipped and what jobs don't.

I have never once considered tipping a fitter. Frankly I'm growing tired of everyone thinking they need to be tipped. I've already paid for your service...its literally your job.

Back