Tips for Playing in Florida

check the humidity. 'Anti Monkey Butt' is your friend if you like walking lol

I'll be heading down for this event as well and never have played in Florida, thanks for all the tips people.

reading grain is not that hard. first, look at the color. lighter, shinier green is with the grain, and therefore faster. darker, duller green is into the grain, and therefore slower. second, look at the cup: there will be a part around it that looks a little brown, almost baked. that will be the direction the grain is growing. eg if the brown part is on the left side of the cup, the grain is growing to the left and the ball will move in that direction as it slows. to dovetail, grain really only matters as the ball is almost finished rolling; it won’t affect a putt with pace.

grain is a b1tch with chipping. if you make a couple practice chips and the leading edge stubs in the ground, and a big clump of grass stands straight up, you’re into the grain. best bet is to play a lower running shot if possible. if it feels like the club just wants to glide over the surface of the grass, it’s with the grain and you can play any shot you want.

typically, bermuda rough is a big challenge. the ball will sit down in the rough, almost on the ground. you have to really get steep. generally the ball will almost knuckle out with very little spin.

those are my tips fwiw

...typically, bermuda rough is a big challenge. the ball will sit down in the rough, almost on the ground. you have to really get steep. generally the ball will almost knuckle out with very little spin.

those are my tips fwiw

Thanks for all of the above. This last bit was also mentioned to me, that the ball can settle down pretty good. Also that sometimes it floats on top? I appreciate all of the feedback here.

Going to play my game and not overthink it, while trying to work in the necessary adaptations. Adapting to potential 85* weather might be the biggest shocker

Back