Titanuim clubs are a fire hazard

I'm having issues with link.

I guess I'm not surprised, I've definitely noticed sparks on the range late in the day.

Swinging driver at night here where it's sandy, you'll get a spark anytime the club even brushes the ground or you're hitting a ball with sand on it. The first time I saw it it was pretty freaky, but I'm used to it now.

No worries!!! I'll just have Smokey the Bear caddy for me. Problem solved.

Interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

That's just crazy! The course would have to be so dry for such a little spark to cause a fire. It would be interesting to see though! Thank for the fun read!

Very interesting thanks for the post

That's just crazy! The course would have to be so dry for such a little spark to cause a fire. It would be interesting to see though! Thank for the fun read!
it gets that dry in CA

I use to see a spark every once in a while with my old R580 driver, but none of them ever made it to the ground.

Just read that on ESPN. Before long, they'll ban titanium & we'll be back to using beech wood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As a former fire investigator,I will say that this situation can happen.Many occurances that are deemed "not likely to happen" do. Materials can cause static sparks that can possibly ignite combustible compounds.Isolated,yes,it is always possible.

Like others I have seen sparks when swinging clubs in the past but would not have thought that it could actually start a fire. Crazy! Just put fire extinguishers on all golf carts.

They talked about this on my local news radio today. Thought it was interesting.

with so many golfers dropping lit cigars and cigarettes on dormant grass, I'm surprised they even thought to look at this as a cause.

Two weeks ago we came across a fire in the middle of a fairway. Very dry here now. Dumped my second liter bottle of water on it just as the maintenance guys came over the hill with 100 gallons in a water truck.... Started by a cigarette still in the center of the 3 meter ring.

Wow, that's crazy, I played Arroyo Trabuco a few times back in the day.

with so many golfers dropping lit cigars and cigarettes on dormant grass, I'm surprised they even thought to look at this as a cause.

It was California.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back