Titleist 714 AP1 Review Thread

Just what I needed to hear. Probably going to be fit into these in a couple of months thanks to my Secret Santa. Thing is ... do I wait to buy the 716s that will come out in November? Imagine being fit for the 714s should carry over pretty well.

But when the 716s come out the 718s will be just around the corner :p. The one things about Titleist Irons is they usually hold their value so if the 716s really are a huge improvement (Which I doubt) then you could always get a large chunk back.

Can anybody compare these to the 712 AP1's? Are these significantly better? These are great irons, and I've hit them numerous times to great results, but I can't help wondering.

Also, I was wondering why these were significantly longer than my CB3's in the short irons, but only a touch longer in the long irons. Then I reread Ryan's review and noted that they are one degree stronger from 7i down. There it is.

Can anybody compare these to the 712 AP1's? Are these significantly better? These are great irons, and I've hit them numerous times to great results, but I can't help wondering.

Also, I was wondering why these were significantly longer than my CB3's in the short irons, but only a touch longer in the long irons. Then I reread Ryan's review and noted that they are one degree stronger from 7i down. There it is.

For me, the 712's werent as forgiving on off center hits. The 714s were much more forgiving on off center hits. The seemed similar to me feel wise besides that.

Do we know if the AP1 716's are any better on wear?

Back