Titleist 816 H1/H2 Review Thread

Not to mention that shot on 18 was from? 240 up hill with a crossing wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
256 uphill and I was just off the front. I took it as a challenge when someone said they hadn't seen anyone get home in 2 on that hole. Hahaha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Aaron with absolutely STUPID distance. Wowsa.

I hit the 21 degree about 230 yesterday off the deck. Was really impressed by that, but it kind of doesn't suit my needs for that slot in the bag. Maybe it was a fluke? Did it two times, so hard to say.

256 uphill and I was just off the front. I took it as a challenge when someone said they hadn't seen anyone get home in 2 on that hole. Hahaha

I stand corrected, I was 240 out hahaha yeah you were the short knocker that hole.

Got some time with the H1 at the range yesterday.
Full disclosure i hate hybrids with a passion.
Loved the look at address, seemed a little "larger" than some hybos which lead to a comfort standing over the ball.

Club was super easy to hit and better yet to elevate. Not sure what my distances were but the dispersion was rock solid.

Stupid me didnt even try to tee it up, i bet its a monster. Color me intrigued.

Got some time with the H1 at the range yesterday.
Full disclosure i hate hybrids with a passion.
Loved the look at address, seemed a little "larger" than some hybos which lead to a comfort standing over the ball.

Club was super easy to hit and better yet to elevate. Not sure what my distances were but the dispersion was rock solid.

Stupid me didnt even try to tee it up, i bet its a monster. Color me intrigued.

haha I feel bad I didn't watch you hit a single one. I also had the 19* demo from the shop. It's definitely a much more compact, lower launching profile and I like it a ton. Not sure whether I prefer one over hte other at this point.

haha I feel bad I didn't watch you hit a single one. I also had the 19* demo from the shop. It's definitely a much more compact, lower launching profile and I like it a ton. Not sure whether I prefer one over hte other at this point.
Also more confirmation how much better regular flex shafts are for non irons for me.

The 19 is a straight missile launcher. And I'm happy to report I was able to get off a few tee's with it today. Successfully.

You put a charge into that one. The bunker shot was pure.
The 19 is a straight missile launcher. And I'm happy to report I was able to get off a few tee's with it today. Successfully.

In the past several weeks at the range watching you work on learning to hit these and build that comfort level and gain confidence I can say that today was the best and most consistent I've seen you with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty goofy time to get one in hand for an extended run, but I picked up a cheap 17 degree last night, Should be here for the weekend to compete against the 18* Alpha 815 that I can't get out of the bag, and the 18* UT that is consistently consistent.

I'll be searching for strong distance and accuracy with ease of strike. If it's wayward at all I'll probably move it as I want pure consistency in that slot. Of the limited time I spent with H1 so far, it seems like the shape is neutral biased overall, so if I start hanging them right I'll probably drop it to 18 for a touch of a shut face and then go straight head to head with 815. Should be a lot of fun.

Pretty goofy time to get one in hand for an extended run, but I picked up a cheap 17 degree last night, Should be here for the weekend to compete against the 18* Alpha 815 that I can't get out of the bag, and the 18* UT that is consistently consistent.

I'll be searching for strong distance and accuracy with ease of strike. If it's wayward at all I'll probably move it as I want pure consistency in that slot. Of the limited time I spent with H1 so far, it seems like the shape is neutral biased overall, so if I start hanging them right I'll probably drop it to 18 for a touch of a shut face and then go straight head to head with 815. Should be a lot of fun.

Perfect time IMO, gives us a window to see if the 818 are worth the upgrade, plus, these are silly cheap right now.

Hoping we get to review the 818's. I'm itching to get back to work.

Perfect time IMO, gives us a window to see if the 818 are worth the upgrade, plus, these are silly cheap right now.

Hoping we get to review the 818's. I'm itching to get back to work.

Yeah buddy. ~100 bucks for a barely used head is a great deal to me. It's coming with a rogue max which I doubt lasts all that long, but that's fine.

In my time with the h1 at 23* it's a club that just goes straight but has the capability to be worked in all directions. The forgiveness is pretty good as well especially since I've been living for side lately. The only time I see the left ball flight or high push is when the Indian forgets what he is doing and swings like a donkey

I'm
Excited to see what they did with the 818 and unless the numbers/eye test are somewhat significant the 816 stays in the bag and some tinkering with px shafts will get done

The 17 degree H1 got out for first look last night. Range session let me know that my stock move with it will be a draw, which I don't mind. Titleist has a pretty robust adapter system so I can attempt to alter that shape a bit if I really want to.

On course i hit it four times off the tee and once off the deck. Two of the four off the tee were perfect, one was a bit low on the face, and one was a bad swing. Despite the variation, I didn't miss a fairway, just my line a bit. Pretty satisfied with the shape overall, but I am still not 100% on the rogue that it came with. When I don't put the best swing on it, i can definitely see that spinning arc in the flight which makes me wonder if I move a more appropriate shaft into it, whether I'll be able to maximize the distance a bit. At 17/18 degrees I am looking for pure distance and accuracy, as a short par 4 driver replacement.

Thinking maybe a longer look at the hzrdus black might be appropriate.

The 17 degree H1 got out for first look last night. Range session let me know that my stock move with it will be a draw, which I don't mind. Titleist has a pretty robust adapter system so I can attempt to alter that shape a bit if I really want to.

On course i hit it four times off the tee and once off the deck. Two of the four off the tee were perfect, one was a bit low on the face, and one was a bad swing. Despite the variation, I didn't miss a fairway, just my line a bit. Pretty satisfied with the shape overall, but I am still not 100% on the rogue that it came with. When I don't put the best swing on it, i can definitely see that spinning arc in the flight which makes me wonder if I move a more appropriate shaft into it, whether I'll be able to maximize the distance a bit. At 17/18 degrees I am looking for pure distance and accuracy, as a short par 4 driver replacement.

Thinking maybe a longer look at the hzrdus black might be appropriate.

Thinking hzrdus black or grab a even flow when they come out?

I know this is old news now with the 818 coming out, but I am pretty psyched about the H1 21 degree I picked up this weekend. I moved the rogue from my second 21* UT into it which makes it play about 1/2 inch shorter than stock (but longer than a typical 3-4 iron). Getting it on course today, off the deck or a propped up rough lie I was seeing every bit of 230 with it, and laser straight. My goal in that portion of the bag is 100% accuracy over workability (thus ignoring the H2) and this thing is so straight I actually struggle to move it one way or the other. The draw comes a bit more naturally to me as I typically play a pull draw, but asking for a 5+ yard fade is not really realistic.

Either way, I'm kind of blown away. I might move it to 21.75 in order to elevate a bit more with -5 yards overall, to suit the spot a bit better, but man... That is crazy optimal for a tight par 4 tee ball.

I know this is old news now with the 818 coming out, but I am pretty psyched about the H1 21 degree I picked up this weekend. I moved the rogue from my second 21* UT into it which makes it play about 1/2 inch shorter than stock (but longer than a typical 3-4 iron). Getting it on course today, off the deck or a propped up rough lie I was seeing every bit of 230 with it, and laser straight. My goal in that portion of the bag is 100% accuracy over workability (thus ignoring the H2) and this thing is so straight I actually struggle to move it one way or the other. The draw comes a bit more naturally to me as I typically play a pull draw, but asking for a 5+ yard fade is not really realistic.

Either way, I'm kind of blown away. I might move it to 21.75 in order to elevate a bit more with -5 yards overall, to suit the spot a bit better, but man... That is crazy optimal for a tight par 4 tee ball.

IMO the 816 is a far better club than the 818. So it's an oldie but goodie at this point. I'm. Ot sure if it was shaft, head, or the pairing. But the ball ballooned with each offering I tried. And I'm not a fan of the look as much as I am with the 816.

I bought 3 of them: 2 in mint 19* and 23* and 1 in very good 25* lofted up to 27*. They are all very nice and all reasonably priced.

Dave

I have two of these hybrids now, 19 and 21, both with rogue max shafts. The 19 I've had for some time, recently buying 21 off eBay. The two have a difference in sound when compared, the 21 is slightly metallic ping sounding when compared to the 19 which is more muted. Anyone any idea what could cause this?

I have two of these hybrids now, 19 and 21, both with rogue max shafts. The 19 I've had for some time, recently buying 21 off eBay. The two have a difference in sound when compared, the 21 is slightly metallic ping sounding when compared to the 19 which is more muted. Anyone any idea what could cause this?

I don't but there is a slight weighting difference between them. I had the 21 degree for a bit and didn't think it was very metallic.

Back