Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

I banged out about 50balls at the range with this last night with the stiff shaft and it was impressive soooo impressive that i'm going on saturday to get fitted for one along with the 910 hybrid! I could not believe how easy it was to work my shots with this driver! happy days:act-up:

hitting the course in a couple hours, i will update this when i get back, its gonna be a great day with the D2 i can feel it!!!

Just got back from my slowest round of the year, got behind a 4some of older people and they wouldnt let me play through, ended up quitting after 4 holes and going back to the first tee to start over, play 1-4 then 1-5, didnt keep score but i was hitting high baby draws all day long today with the D2, i only miseed 2 fairways and those were just barely off the fairway in the right rough, the ball just didnt turn over for me on those 2, i was getting more carry today with these high draws than i was total distance with the Zstar, this 10.5* head paired with the RIP (my favorite shaft) is just money for me, setting is B1 which is a little flatter on lie angle for more fade bias to keep the hook in check and its working perfectly. Hit a bomb on the last hole, number 5 is a 295 yard par 4 dogleg left, hit a high draw around the dog leg that left me a 20 yard chip to the green, i couldnt see it land but i imagine this was all carry distance, the course just reopened from being flooded and everything was still very soggy. Im in love with this driver more so than anything i have played yet, and thats allot hehe. I ordered the 17* fairway with RIP 70 Stiff, should go together nicely

Just got back from my slowest round of the year, got behind a 4some of older people and they wouldnt let me play through, ended up quitting after 4 holes and going back to the first tee to start over, play 1-4 then 1-5, didnt keep score but i was hitting high baby draws all day long today with the D2, i only miseed 2 fairways and those were just barely off the fairway in the right rough, the ball just didnt turn over for me on those 2, i was getting more carry today with these high draws than i was total distance with the Zstar, this 10.5* head paired with the RIP (my favorite shaft) is just money for me, setting is B1 which is a little flatter on lie angle for more fade bias to keep the hook in check and its working perfectly. Hit a bomb on the last hole, number 5 is a 295 yard par 4 dogleg left, hit a high draw around the dog leg that left me a 20 yard chip to the green, i couldnt see it land but i imagine this was all carry distance, the course just reopened from being flooded and everything was still very soggy. Im in love with this driver more so than anything i have played yet, and thats allot hehe. I ordered the 17* fairway with RIP 70 Stiff, should go together nicely

glad to hear you are still smashing that D2!

glad to hear you are still smashing that D2!

thanks bud, it felt great out there today, just felt like i couldnt miss with the driver, irons were a little off from practicing with the driver so much but since i have my driver swing back im gonna work on the irons now.

Hey all played 9 this morning and it was a great day, shot a 38 with 3-4 birdie puts barely missed, only missed 2 fairways again and those were in the first cut of rough, everything i hit was a awesome trajectory, yes that is a new term, not mid not high, but awesome lol, seriously though they were nice mid-high draws that seemed to carry forever, im loving this 10.5* and wish i would of made the move years ago, cant say enough about the 910 series, i love my D2 and i strongly recommend if your in the market for a driver/fairway to go hit these, they are awesome

Hey all played 9 this morning and it was a great day, shot a 38 with 3-4 birdie puts barely missed, only missed 2 fairways again and those were in the first cut of rough, everything i hit was a awesome trajectory, yes that is a new term, not mid not high, but awesome lol, seriously though they were nice mid-high draws that seemed to carry forever, im loving this 10.5* and wish i would of made the move years ago, cant say enough about the 910 series, i love my D2 and i strongly recommend if your in the market for a driver/fairway to go hit these, they are awesome

i echo your sentiments whole heartedly i want to get out for 18 this afternoon.

The 910 is nice, really nice. I have come from the R11 and have seen the light. While the R11 is great, the 910 did more for me. The R11 for me was inconsistant, after awhile, I just couldnt hit it. I tried the 910 and it set up very nicely. I was hitting nice straight shots. The sound is nice. I have the vr as a sig right now. However, my testing will be more thourough today. I am going back and getting fit again for both. The shoot-out is critical. The driver has been a weak point in my game this year and these two are hands down my favs (I am not a fan ot Titleist). Should be neat. For price, you cannot beat the 910 shaft options, why pay more for the R11 when you an get the same shafts. I would love to see an all driver shoot-out with this years crop. I will say that whatever one wins out, it will be replaced by whatever TM puts out next year.

910 initial thoughts

Great bang for buck with shafts
Sets up really nice
great distance with accuracy (this was on sim)
solid feel with a nice sound, the R11 is loud.

The 910 is nice, really nice. I have come from the R11 and have seen the light. While the R11 is great, the 910 did more for me. The R11 for me was inconsistant, after awhile, I just couldnt hit it. I tried the 910 and it set up very nicely. I was hitting nice straight shots. The sound is nice. I have the vr as a sig right now. However, my testing will be more thourough today. I am going back and getting fit again for both. The shoot-out is critical. The driver has been a weak point in my game this year and these two are hands down my favs (I am not a fan ot Titleist). Should be neat. For price, you cannot beat the 910 shaft options, why pay more for the R11 when you an get the same shafts. I would love to see an all driver shoot-out with this years crop. I will say that whatever one wins out, it will be replaced by whatever TM puts out next year.

910 initial thoughts

Great bang for buck with shafts
Sets up really nice
great distance with accuracy (this was on sim)
solid feel with a nice sound, the R11 is loud.

hope the fitting works out for ya, i find the D2 louder than my R11 was, they are both very muted and solid sounding but i still find the D2 a bit louder, i love the sound of the D2 though, its a solid whack. Why do you automatically say it will be replaced by what TM puts out next year? i guess i dont see the point of getting fit and buying a new driver then replacing it next year just because its a taylormade

edit: i know im not one to talk about replacing drivers lol but i have never been fit or replaced one just for the brand name, just trying to understand why

It is a strong bias, I have been seeking professional help to allevaite the need to buy stuff because its new. I am also a very biased TM fanboy, who up till now would only buy their product. After spending 1000's on their equipment and not ever getting a free hat. I have decided to try other brands... No really, I am a techno geek. Albeit, now my head has come down a bit from the clouds. You see before joining THP, I was single minded with the belief that only TM can make clubs I can hit to lower my scores (see strong bias). Now, it is like the clouds parted.

Ok after processing whilst typing, if the 910 or VR are working for me. I may use them for another year. Although my friends always benefit from my random swtiches, I may need to slow down. I also have no kids so am living it up!

As for sound, this subjective area was only based in a sim. I agree that the 910 has a great sound and somewhat muted but you still get that " I caught that sucker good" feedback.

PS- I am only trying to keep up with you, please stop swtiching drivers and other clubs. My OCD is starting to kick in, I love golf clubs. :D

It is a strong bias, I have been seeking professional help to allevaite the need to buy stuff because its new. I am also a very biased TM fanboy, who up till now would only buy their product. After spending 1000's on their equipment and not ever getting a free hat. I have decided to try other brands... No really, I am a techno geek. Albeit, now my head has come down a bit from the clouds. You see before joining THP, I was single minded with the belief that only TM can make clubs I can hit to lower my scores (see strong bias). Now, it is like the clouds parted.

Ok after processing whilst typing, if the 910 or VR are working for me. I may use them for another year. Although my friends always benefit from my random swtiches, I may need to slow down. I also have no kids so am living it up!

As for sound, this subjective area was only based in a sim. I agree that the 910 has a great sound and somewhat muted but you still get that " I caught that sucker good" feedback.

PS- I am only trying to keep up with you, please stop swtiching drivers and other clubs. My OCD is starting to kick in, I love golf clubs. :D

cool i was just wondering, i do really love this 910 line, the D2 and Fairway are money, wasnt to into the hybrid though. to the bolded i really think im done lol, especially with the driver, the D2 is working so good its not going anywhere. Putters are my ho'ing club though, i switched drivers until i really found one i liked allot, but putters i could get a collection going

I have been talking alot about this driver with some other forum membrs and today I took a few swings with it at the local golf store. WOW was I impressed!!! This club felt great and sounded very nice at impact as well. It was too bad the monitors are all messed up at this store as I would of liked to get some further information on my swings. This is definately on my radar!!!

After not having any luck with the Razr Hawk today, I can't wait to try the 910 again. Talk about putting all my hopes into one basket...

I have been talking alot about this driver with some other forum membrs and today I took a few swings with it at the local golf store. WOW was I impressed!!! This club felt great and sounded very nice at impact as well. It was too bad the monitors are all messed up at this store as I would of liked to get some further information on my swings. This is definately on my radar!!!
My long lost brotha, do i hear a impulse buy coming on lol
After not having any luck with the Razr Hawk today, I can't wait to try the 910 again. Talk about putting all my hopes into one basket...

Good Luck RF, hopefully its the one for you

I still cannot narrow my choice of drivers down. The 910 is a beast as is VR pro. The 910 sets up so nicely, I just wish I could find an outdoor demo. Titleist rarely comes through with demo days here. 10yard, how did you find the ball flight comapred to the R11 (if you recall). I find the 910 d2 a lot easier to hit than my former R11. The alignment aid is a nice touch on th 910. I was fit to the alpha 60 stiff by the boys at GT. I love the Aldila shaft, it is smooth. The weight of the 910 is really nice. Adjustability surprised me with so many options. Albeit, TM simplified it quite well.

I still cannot narrow my choice of drivers down. The 910 is a beast as is VR pro. The 910 sets up so nicely, I just wish I could find an outdoor demo. Titleist rarely comes through with demo days here. 10yard, how did you find the ball flight comapred to the R11 (if you recall). I find the 910 d2 a lot easier to hit than my former R11. The alignment aid is a nice touch on th 910. I was fit to the alpha 60 stiff by the boys at GT. I love the Aldila shaft, it is smooth. The weight of the 910 is really nice. Adjustability surprised me with so many options. Albeit, TM simplified it quite well.

D2 is so much easier to hit, but its 10.5* and the R11 was 9* when i had one. i have the RIP alpha 60 Stiff in mine, its my favorite shaft, have had it in my Supertri, D2, R11 had the BETA, the chart for the D2 is so much easier to understand than the TM IMO, i know the TM like the back of my hand so thats not a problem but in my opinion the chart for the Titleist is better, the R11 for me was low/mid launch and the D2 is just perfect, its mid to high baby draws all day long

No brother, if the impusle buy happened it would of been yesterday. I am going to go with the Cobra's first but like I said this club is definately on the radar!!

ahhh gotcha

Thanks 10yard! It is easy to understand. I think there is a lot of flexability in that club. Hmmm....

Thanks 10yard! It is easy to understand. I think there is a lot of flexability in that club. Hmmm....

Yes there is tons IMO, out of all the adjustable clubs i have owned/own the Sure Fit is my favorite so far, followed by the Zstar then R11/R9 series, they are all easy to understand but the Sure Fit system just takes it to another level. On range i have adjusted it all the way up to 12* and what a huge difference in ballflight, you can really see the adjustments through the ball flight with the D2, there weer sometimes where i would make adjustments with others and you could barely tell a difference but with this one even with the littlest of a change i could see a difference

I was thinking that the 910 appears to have more options. I know that with my old r11 i liked having an open face. I would still have it if I could manage some consitancy out of it. If you were to draw some conclusions about the 910 vs. R11 what would you say? I am curious as I am currently engaged in the vicarious living experiment of you finding the driver that works. It seems we have very similar taste, you win on skills! You have not steered anyone the worng direction.
Cheers

I was thinking that the 910 appears to have more options. I know that with my old r11 i liked having an open face. I would still have it if I could manage some consitancy out of it. If you were to draw some conclusions about the 910 vs. R11 what would you say? I am curious as I am currently engaged in the vicarious living experiment of you finding the driver that works. It seems we have very similar taste, you win on skills! You have not steered anyone the worng direction.
Cheers

o boy, 910 vs R11 for me the 910 wins hands down, the R11 is uber long when you hit the sweet spot but if your just a little bit off it punishes you horribly, the 910D2 is tons more forgiving, even misshits on the toe/heel still go pretty far and straight, my miss with the D2 isnt nearly as bad as with the R11, i love the white of the R11 more than the Black of the D2 but thats not enough to warrant playing the R11, i would serisouly loose 40-50 yards on misshits with the R11 towards the end of when i owned it, the D2 i only loose maybe 10 at the most, i also give the feel to the D2, you can really tell if you cought it high, low, toe, heel but without the punishment of the R11, sound is a close call, i like the sound of both, i know the R11 works better for some but im not one of them, its still a great driver but not for me

Yes there is tons IMO, out of all the adjustable clubs i have owned/own the Sure Fit is my favorite so far, followed by the Zstar then R11/R9 series, they are all easy to understand but the Sure Fit system just takes it to another level. On range i have adjusted it all the way up to 12* and what a huge difference in ballflight, you can really see the adjustments through the ball flight with the D2, there weer sometimes where i would make adjustments with others and you could barely tell a difference but with this one even with the littlest of a change i could see a difference

it was a no contest for me the 910 won hands down easy. long and consistant what more do you want?

it was a no contest for me the 910 won hands down easy. long and consistant what more do you want?

dont gotta tell me, its in my bag

Back