Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

Ive had my eye on a used 910 D2 at GG the last two weeks.

And Ive found one for $100 less then retail brand new on the Bay.

didn't you have one of these earlier this year?

Very early in the year. With the red shaft in it whatever that one was called. Super high launch shaft.

I've sky marked the driver only. Seemed pretty forgiving though.

For YOU!
And to be fair, you said yourself you have not tested any other drivers at the same length as you are playing this one.
For us with actual launch monitor numbers, it was no where near the best in terms of forgiveness.

isnt forgiveness a little subjective JB? i dont see how numbers can show it up and make a true comparison unless you knew exactly where the sweet spot is and had some face tape and a measuring device..

doesnt it also depend where your miss is? heel vs toe? high vs. low?

for me, i have hit the callaway (would you say more forgiving?) and the D2 with the same aldila rip shaft, and in comparison to my current driver, the callaway was worse, and the D2 was better. so for me the numbers say the D2 was more forgiving for my miss which is a bit heely. by better i mean, longer and with better dispersion. the only fault of the D2 was the launch angle at 9 degrees which was a bit low.

just interested to hear your thoughts on how you measure forgiveness across a varying range of drivers and make a comparison.

haha, you've been put on the ban list.

Lol thanks man!

isnt forgiveness a little subjective JB? i dont see how numbers can show it up and make a true comparison unless you knew exactly where the sweet spot is and had some face tape and a measuring device..

for me, i have hit the callaway (would you say more forgiving?) and the D2 with the same aldila rip shaft, and in comparison to my current driver, the callaway was worse, and the D2 was better. so for me the numbers say the D2 was more forgiving for my miss which is a bit heely. by better i mean, longer and with better dispersion. the only fault of the D2 was the launch angle at 9 degrees which was a bit low.

just interested to hear your thoughts on how you measure forgiveness across a varying range of drivers and make a comparison.

He did test forgiveness on different parts of the face.

I dont really think forgiveness is subjective. Measuring misses with face tape and a launch monitor is pretty objective. Loss of distance and loss of accuracy are two things we look at for both toe and heel shots as well as high and low on the club face. And while technology has come a long way and clubs are far better than they were years ago, there are still major differences between clubs as it pertains to this.

There can be a bit of subjectivity if it involves only one person and the stats. Not subjective really, more personal. That is why our range sessions and testings involve multiple golfers.

I dont really think forgiveness is subjective. Measuring misses with face tape and a launch monitor is pretty objective. Loss of distance and loss of accuracy are two things we look at for both toe and heel shots as well as high and low on the club face. And while technology has come a long way and clubs are far better than they were years ago, there are still major differences between clubs as it pertains to this.

There can be a bit of subjectivity if it involves only one person and the stats. Not subjective really, more personal. That is why our range sessions and testings involve multiple golfers.

do you keep track of the results? think it would make for an interesting project, mapping the response of the driver face across different models.. would mean measuring each impact by position relative to heaight and width of the face shape within a rectangle, and correlating that to the launch monitor results.

would love to put a number on forgiveness.. :D

Of course we keep track of them. Its our only way to chart things. Lets face it, some drivers work for some people and not for others. That is why we have multiple golfers test things like this and while we dont believe on putting a number on things such as this, we do believe that giving out raw data makes consumers more informed.

so, yesterday was my first day with the 910 D2. 12 FIRs.....that is all. And the were long balls....finally.

thanks bro...there were some signs of the old OneT. Even had a 300 yarder.

But you are forgetting the one absolute best part of this whole thing. I mean the part that makes you sleep better at night. The part that makes you wreck competition and the part that makes you know, its golden.

Spoiler
You and Old Gray are Twinsies

But you are forgetting the one absolute best part of this whole thing. I mean the part that makes you sleep better at night. The part that makes you wreck competition and the part that makes you know, its golden.

Spoiler
You and Old Gray are Twinsies

hahahahaha.....you are correct!

Yup, it's true. I witnessed Turdleist power.

Glad its working for you One-T, what shaft did you go with.

Back