Titleist 910 D2 & D3 Drivers

Well guys, I just got my 910 and I absolutely loved it in the store. I got the 72X shaft with the 9.5 head and was getting a launch of 12. Ball speed was around 158 give or take shot to shot.

I was very impressed in the store and can't wait to see how it works in the real world.

TapaTalk: Killing my phone's battery since 2010.

I played my second full round with the D2 and it is awesome. I wasn't my best, shot +5 76 to finish 2nd in my Men's club but the driver was a solid B+ even with less than my best. My other driver would have been 20-30 yards back and had a few snap hooks with some of the swings I put on it. Misses were straight and the club is long(for me). I kept is set at D1 and the open face is a fantastic setup for me.

Also, the 910F is awesome and continues to impress. It gets an A-, also set at D1, and staying put in the bag. The 910F booted the SF 2.0 after only 38 days in the bag but is just as long for me and much straighter. I may have to check out the 910H soon!

Nice, i love this driver as well, i will take a 76 all day every day man, great shooting, i also love the open face, have to have it that way with the way i hook it. I have had a 910F 15* RIP Alpha 70 Stiff on order for a week now so hopefully its here next week, im playing again in the morning and im gonna try the C1 setting which is .75* strong brining the loft to 9.75* from 10.5* and -.75* flat, i love the look of this setting with the face being that open, today was over 85% humidity and 94* and the went no where today, not sure if it was from the thick air but i was a good 10-15 yards shorter than normal today. What shaft are you using in the D2 and 910F?

Well guys, I just got my 910 and I absolutely loved it in the store. I got the 72X shaft with the 9.5 head and was getting a launch of 12. Ball speed was around 158 give or take shot to shot.

I was very impressed in the store and can't wait to see how it works in the real world.

haha seth didnt you just get fitted for a SF 2.0? what happened there bud, sounding like me changing drivers hehe

Congrats on the new driver buddy! Gosh man if you hit it further than your old one it's going to be scary. You got the distance so maybe you are shooting for more consistency and FIR's

haha seth didnt you just get fitted for a SF 2.0? what happened there bud, sounding like me changing drivers hehe

I was, but I did not end up liking the club very much. I really liked my ZStar, but the shaft didn't fit me very well and my misses just went very wild and I had trouble controlling it sometimes. I was actually bombing the 2.0 but I just did not hit many shots that felt really good. I hit some long shots that just felt weird.

I was, but I did not end up liking the club very much. I really liked my ZStar, but the shaft didn't fit me very well and my misses just went very wild and I had trouble controlling it sometimes. I was actually bombing the 2.0 but I just did not hit many shots that felt really good. I hit some long shots that just felt weird.

gotcha, hope the D2 treats you well, as you know i came from the Zstar as well straight to the D2 and couldnt be happier, i love this driver

Congrats on the new driver buddy! Gosh man if you hit it further than your old one it's going to be scary. You got the distance so maybe you are shooting for more consistency and FIR's

Sorry for 2 posts in a row. TapaTalk needs multiquote. Thanks OG! If I can start hitting more FIRs I will be very pleased.

Nice, i love this driver as well, i will take a 76 all day every day man, great shooting, i also love the open face, have to have it that way with the way i hook it. I have had a 910F 15* RIP Alpha 70 Stiff on order for a week now so hopefully its here next week, im playing again in the morning and im gonna try the C1 setting which is .75* strong brining the loft to 9.75* from 10.5* and -.75* flat, i love the look of this setting with the face being that open, today was over 85% humidity and 94* and the went no where today, not sure if it was from the thick air but i was a good 10-15 yards shorter than normal today. What shaft are you using in the D2 and 910F?

I went with the Kai'Li in both. I really wanted to like the RIP but the #s weren't there and I didn't like the feel of the PX. The 'Ahina was too low launching for me and the 'Ilima was WAY too high. This one is a great launch for me, around 10.5-11.5. My ball speed was 3-4 mph better with it as well, so it was the best option.

I don't need new hybrids but I like these so much I might give em a swing just to see.

Sorry for 2 posts in a row. TapaTalk needs multiquote. Thanks OG! If I can start hitting more FIRs I will be very pleased.

Hey seth, if you don't mind me asking, what was it about the shaft in the Z Star that didn't fit you? Did your SS overpower the shaft? I have only had one round and one range session with it but so far I am loving it. My only complaint would be that I am getting little to no roll out after the ball hits the ground. However, my drives are still going right around the same distance as they were with my FT Tour, so anything extra would really just be icing on the cake anyway. The accuracy of the Z Star is what I am loving the most to be honest. It seems like I can swing hard with no fear thus far.

I miss my D2. I loved the amount of FIR's it gave me, but ball speed and thus distance was down to a lot of my other choices. I am of course now back to the point where hitting out of the fairway 10 yards further away is much better then 10 yards up and in the rough.

The other bonus to the 910 line is that all the PX shafts I was fit for you can get for these (they were also one of two heads that was recommended to me). Might end up coming full circle this year...

Congrats on the new driver Seth!!! I know how much you liked the Z-Star, I hope this one works even better for you.

Hey seth, if you don't mind me asking, what was it about the shaft in the Z Star that didn't fit you? Did your SS overpower the shaft? I have only had one round and one range session with it but so far I am loving it. My only complaint would be that I am getting little to no roll out after the ball hits the ground. However, my drives are still going right around the same distance as they were with my FT Tour, so anything extra would really just be icing on the cake anyway. The accuracy of the Z Star is what I am loving the most to be honest. It seems like I can swing hard with no fear thus far.

Yeah, the shaft was awesome, but too weak as I could really feel the head lagging behind my hands and if I hit the ball towards the toe, I could really feel the head twist. My GolfTec pro kept telling me that I needed to play an X shaft and I finally listened to him and to the guy that did my fitting. I dont care all that much about distance, but I do care about accuracy and I needed a little control over the ball than the Miyazaki gave me on the ZStar. I am tempted to find a way to get custom fitted by the Miyazaki folks somehow.

Going out for my fist league competition round today with my new D3, I will post tomorrow with any thoughts from the round. Good luck on everybody's holiday weekend rounds!

I played yesterday for the 1st round w/ my new D3. The # of fairways I git increased considerably. I did not get the lower launch and increased roll out I was looking for though. I will have to try to change the settings to find the combo that gives me good accuracy with low spin and lots of roll.

Played my first round with my D2 and I absolutely love this thing. My misses are not that punishing and I am hitting it a pretty good ways. I am really liking the shaft in there.

Played my first round with my D2 and I absolutely love this thing. My misses are not that punishing and I am hitting it a pretty good ways. I am really liking the shaft in there.

thats great SethO, sorry if you mentioned this but what shaft did you get in the D2? I know its a Xstiff but cant remeber if you said which shaft.

I played 18 this morning and played just ok, shot a 82, 41/41, irons were iffy all day but i was crushing the D2, hit 11/14 fairways and hit some of the longest drives of the year today, i have been using the B1 setting which is still 10.5* loft but flatter and 0.5* open for more fade bias to keep my hook under control but the hook was in full force on the range before my round so i moved it down to C1 which is 9.75* loft and 1.5* open and flatter lie angle and this was a huge difference for me, even the look made me so much more confident, i love a open face angle, i was still hitting it high whiched i loved, it was a little lower than when i had it in B1 10.5* but it was still a great high trajectory that is higher than anything i have played for years, got more rollout in this setting as well, just loved this thing today. I know people say dont judge distance by the length of the hole then how much you have left to the green but today on a 400yard par 4 that is dead straight and flat i hit my drive and had exactly 100 yards left to the flag, my ball was about a foot in front of the 100 yard marker in the fairway, dont know the exact distance of this drive since i dont have a GPS but i crushed it. Really enjoyed my day on course today even though i didnt play great, just a great weather day in the low
80's with low humidity.

I am about 2 weeks into using my D3 and love it! I have the 82 gram Project X shaft at 6.0 and its is 44.5". Really like the trajectory I get out of this club in comparison to the D2.

thats great SethO, sorry if you mentioned this but what shaft did you get in the D2? I know its a Xstiff but cant remeber if you said which shaft.

I played 18 this morning and played just ok, shot a 82, 41/41, irons were iffy all day but i was crushing the D2, hit 11/14 fairways and hit some of the longest drives of the year today, i have been using the B1 setting which is still 10.5* loft but flatter and 0.5* open for more fade bias to keep my hook under control but the hook was in full force on the range before my round so i moved it down to C1 which is 9.75* loft and 1.5* open and flatter lie angle and this was a huge difference for me, even the look made me so much more confident, i love a open face angle, i was still hitting it high whiched i loved, it was a little lower than when i had it in B1 10.5* but it was still a great high trajectory that is higher than anything i have played for years, got more rollout in this setting as well, just loved this thing today. I know people say dont judge distance by the length of the hole then how much you have left to the green but today on a 400yard par 4 that is dead straight and flat i hit my drive and had exactly 100 yards left to the flag, my ball was about a foot in front of the 100 yard marker in the fairway, dont know the exact distance of this drive since i dont have a GPS but i crushed it. Really enjoyed my day on course today even though i didnt play great, just a great weather day in the low
80's with low humidity.

Good to see everyoene is liking the new D2 and D3 drivers.

I must say that you guys have done an excellent job at exposing the good stuff about this driver. I could really want to bag one of these in a serious way!!!!

I must say that you guys have done an excellent job at exposing the good stuff about this driver. I could really want to bag one of these in a serious way!!!!

Thanks OG, i think you would enjoy it, its by far my favorite driver of this year, heck in the past 5 years actually, i was talking to my dad about this driver cause he mentioned how well i have been hitting it and told him im gonna pick up another 10.5* head when a new model comes out to have as a back up, im betting i can get a D2 10.5* head for under 150bucks once the new model comes out, its that good for me.

Thanks OG, i think you would enjoy it, its by far my favorite driver of this year, heck in the past 5 years actually, i was talking to my dad about this driver cause he mentioned how well i have been hitting it and told him im gonna pick up another 10.5* head when a new model comes out to have as a back up, im betting i can get a D2 10.5* head for under 150bucks once the new model comes out, its that good for me.

That speaks volumes when you want a back up head for your driver! I mean seriously dude,,, that tells me you are over the cliff in love with the Titliest 920 D2 driver:thumb:

That speaks volumes when you want a back up head for your driver! I mean seriously dude,,, that tells me you are over the cliff in love with the Titliest 920 D2 driver:thumb:

+1 theres no doubt about it. Ive never considered a backup head, although I have never been crazy in love with a driver either.

ya buddy, this is the first time i havent felt the urge to try and find something better, even with the R11 and Zstar i was always thinking there could be something better but now i dont even care if there is or not. Just loving this driver, really excited for my 910F 3 wood to get here

Back