Titleist AP2s - help me verify authenticity!

Ca3L

Reaction score
They look legit. They are the 2008 version of the club:

2009_US_504_3

Yes, that is correct that they are the 2008 version. I don't really care that they are 4 years old. They still conform post groove rule and the AP2s haven't changed a whole lot over the past few years, at least as far as I could tell. Thanks for the opinion. They look authentic to my eyes, but I know there are people on here who know better than I would

Thanks for the link. Just e-mailed them. I'm gonna be heartbroken if these are fakes, as I just spent a lot of money on them.

Thanks for the link. Just e-mailed them. I'm gonna be heartbroken if these are fakes, as I just spent a lot of money on them.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you bro. I think most companies keep a good eye on their products online. Did you get it off Ebay? If so, was it from a top rated seller?

I'll say this much. I went out and hit the 6 & 7 irons, and if these are counterfeit then the people making them need to open up shop as a real business because these hit absolutely awesome. I just don't want them if they're fakes, paid way too much for fake clubs. By the way, yes, I did buy from ebay. The seller only had 175 transactions but was 100% all within 12 mos, and the price was good, but not "wow!" good. Fingers are crossed, we'll see what Titleist has to say.

I'll say this much. I went out and hit the 6 & 7 irons, and if these are counterfeit then the people making them need to open up shop as a real business because these hit absolutely awesome. I just don't want them if they're fakes, paid way too much for fake clubs. By the way, yes, I did buy from ebay. The seller only had 175 transactions but was 100% all within 12 mos, and the price was good, but not "wow!" good. Fingers are crossed, we'll see what Titleist has to say.

I'm pretty sure they monitor the Bay pretty hardcore. Good luck to you! Maybe it's one of those things that's better to not know. At least if they are fake you can probably get refunded your money.

if theres a serial # on one of the clubs, TITLEIST is written in its normal font, all the shafts/grips are the same style/brand you should be fine... Ive seen fake AP2's before and you can spot them a mile away

Alright so I'm still waiting on my response from Titleist, but the guy who sold it to me told me that the clubs are 100% authentic and he bought them from Edwin Watts Golf Shop.

He also said something that I found interesting, he said that I have nothing to worry about being left handed as the Chinese don't make fake lefty equipment. Whether that's 100% true or not (would certainly make sense) I don't know for sure, but the guy has been selling golf equipment for years he said and in doing business on ebay I'm sure he's seen some fakes over the years.

Alright so I'm still waiting on my response from Titleist, but the guy who sold it to me told me that the clubs are 100% authentic and he bought them from Edwin Watts Golf Shop.

He also said something that I found interesting, he said that I have nothing to worry about being left handed as the Chinese don't make fake lefty equipment. Whether that's 100% true or not (would certainly make sense) I don't know for sure, but the guy has been selling golf equipment for years he said and in doing business on ebay I'm sure he's seen some fakes over the years.

I wont say that's 100% true or not, as I'm not completely sure myself, but I remember there being talks on here before about the lack of lefty counterfeits. So, from what I can tell there is some truth to it, not sure 100% true is correct, but they're hard to find by the sounds.

Out of curiousity what did you pay for them? Hopefully there not fakes! Glad your hitting them and best of luck! I absolutely loved the AP1s when I hit them.

I wont say that's 100% true or not, as I'm not completely sure myself, but I remember there being talks on here before about the lack of lefty counterfeits. So, from what I can tell there is some truth to it, not sure 100% true is correct, but they're hard to find by the sounds.

Good! That means there are 3 reasons why it's good to be a lefty.

1.) great deals to be had as lack of demand (Ebay, and even new stuff gets held over in the B&M stores quite often)
2.) 25% off of used at global golf ;)
3.) slim to possibly no chance of counterfeit goods

When it came to sports, I've always HATED being left handed. I was a baseball player, and baseball is a right hand man's game.
Golf provides me the upside I need.

Out of curiousity what did you pay for them? Hopefully there not fakes! Glad your hitting them and best of luck! I absolutely loved the AP1s when I hit them.

I paid $379 + 20 shipping, so about $400. they're in amazing condition though, they were hardly even used.. Keep in mind it's the 2008 model, so $400 seems like a great deal, but not 'wow!' as I said earlier.

Got my email response. I can't speak of my disappointment. It basically said 'I didn't look at the pictures but the serial number is legitimate. Here's a link to how you can protect yourself from buying fakes.' click link and it says oh buy from authorized retailer.
Come on Titleist..
regardless, I am very happy with these and have no doubt they are authentic.

Yeah man I think you are okay. As a fellow lefty golfer I do feel your pain. Sometimes I think we have to pay premiums on ebay for equipment though because of limited selection for lefties, on the plus side it is safer to shop on ebay being a lefty for the reason you described earlier. I' also of the belief that most counterfeiters aren't wasting their time trying to knock off lefty clubs, we are barely a sliver on the gofling pie, you imagine it would be non profitable to mass produce fake lefty clubs.

I'm sure your clubs are 1000% real. I had the same concern on my RBZ woods and hybrids I bought a few weeks ago. I was pretty sure they were real but I took them into a local golf store to compare them, and have someone look at them just to be sure. If you really want piece of mind I'd recommend that. Most shops are cool with it and will take a look for you.

Sounds like you are good to go.. Congrats on your purchase hope they work out for you!

great irons you will have no regrets

glad to see it all worked out, enjoy the new irons!

Back