Titleist Booth - Scotty Cameron

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score

These were not taken at the Titleist booth. These are Scotty Cameron at the Cameron Collector booth, but I thought they fit best here.

vman

Reaction score
Handicap
pro
I`m not the biggest Scotty fan.His putters are very good but for the most part they are just nicely milled copies of classics such as the Anser,etc.Great marketing,promotion and hype though.

Ed Settle

Reaction score
Handicap
I`m not the biggest Scotty fan.His putters are very good but for the most part they are just nicely milled copies of classics such as the Anser,etc.Great marketing,promotion and hype though.
Yep, that's about how I feel. Great success.

dynarider

insert witty saying here
Reaction score
Handicap
twits
That orange cover with the spider in the middle would be perfect for my wife. Agreed on the Camerons simply being copies of Ansers. Overpriced golf bag jewelry.

snicker.doodles

Substantially Revised.
Reaction score
Handicap
lowstimps
longshanks.....

excellent snaps of the cameron covers. i spy a few that i may need to get my grubby paws on.

i'm not a fanatic by any stretch of the imagination but i will say....my cameron is my homeboy. best.boyfriend.ever.

TheGasman

I Like to Party
Reaction score
Handicap
Im not into them either but I am always jealous of the head covers.

ClairefromClare

Give 'em Helen!
Reaction score
Handicap
Brazilian
Wow--what does it say about a show like that that they felt they had to have everything under lock and key? Or were they being a little paranoid about it?

TheGasman

I Like to Party
Reaction score
Handicap
Wow--what does it say about a show like that that they felt they had to have everything under lock and key? Or were they being a little paranoid about it?
I was thinking the same thing.

MO_Hacker

At the drag strip
Reaction score
Handicap
DragRacing
I was thinking the same thing, the display seemed a bit pretentious. It's what I expect from Titleist and Cameron.

Hanks

On the Fringe
Reaction score
Handicap
bOOBs
i had no idea that Scotty putter head covers were so popular or sought after?:confused2:

dynarider

insert witty saying here
Reaction score
Handicap
twits
I was thinking the same thing.
I was thinking the same thing, the display seemed a bit pretentious. It's what I expect from Titleist and Cameron.
I too was thinking the same thing, but when you have headcovers that are going for $200+ up, I can understand being cautious.

I checked into that orange one, they only made 500 for Halloween in 2008 & they sell for between $195-300 depending on whether you get lucky or not. That's asinine for any headcover.

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
That kind of sums up my feelings about Cameron.

I think he makes fantastic putters (that are copies of Ansers).

I think some of his headcovers are awesome (and unattainable for someone who would want to game them)

The display was kinda nifty (and seemed to have nothing to do with golf, and everything to do with being pretentious.)

I would love to have a custom Cameron, but I would never pay that kind of money because I would game it.

yahtzee

Novice
Reaction score
It's not that they were under lock and key as much as they are the hype about the new displays. They are being produced now and I'm sure will be out for limited sale before long....funny story - I was a member of club cameron for one year. It was the first year that they had those huge orange, lime and yellow staff bags and they held a lottery to see who would be eligible to buy one. I was one of the lucky ones chosen and purchased for $699 i believe. Put it on eBay before it even showed up and sold it for $1600.

Crazy.

TheGasman

I Like to Party
Reaction score
Handicap
I too was thinking the same thing, but when you have headcovers that are going for $200+ up, I can understand being cautious.

I checked into that orange one, they only made 500 for Halloween in 2008 & they sell for between $195-300 depending on whether you get lucky or not. That's asinine for any headcover.
I understand the head covers but why have all of the putters locked up. Hire a security guard if your that worried about it. Shrinkage is a part of any business.

Pumas

Hola
Reaction score
Handicap
Hola

Hola

The display case for the putters is the same as the one they got in the local golf shop for these putters. That must be marketing showcase for their putters.

snicker.doodles

Substantially Revised.
Reaction score
Handicap
lowstimps
the wall behind scotty has the wall of putters.

everything in the display were limited edition or mega custom. and if those headcovers were left out within reach....they'd all be gone. there are some crazy fans out there.

i'll admit...my gamer cover is sought after. i waited years to find one reasonable. and when i did...i payed the price and game it with pride. it's like a kid.

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
the wall behind scotty has the wall of putters.
That wasn't the Titliest booth.

The Titleist booth had a few SC putters out (nothing new), but I can't find the photo I took.

GMDNP1

Reaction score
Handicap
SCRTCH/0
BEAUTIFUL. great pics Harry. man I don't really need one but I'd like to pick up 1 or 4 of those putters. and all those headcovers I wish I didn't know they existed.

Spinscan

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I can't imagine paying for a putter head cover.

biggsy

Reaction score
My buddy was looking for a replacement Cameron cover for his SC so Titleist sent us over to the Table Rock booth.

We started looking through them and they were priced anywhere between 70 and 800 for those covers.

And his divot tools which were in a different finish were going for 80...

Yikes.

We walked away and got a good chuckle out of the prices.

I think even if I have the means to purchase one of those, I wouldn't.

keithu2

Reaction score
Handicap
yes
that's what i thought until i saw my baby...

Spoiler

Good point(s) and great pictures.
I have a very small collection of covers and a few putters.
If anything, I will use the stock/otr cover or an after market one, so the bag doesn't draw too much attention.

And, I seem to be heading back to mallet style putters, so none of them would fit anyway :confused2:.

biggsy

Reaction score
that's what i thought until i saw my baby...

Spoiler
So, what's the deal with the expensive covers?

Rare and limited designs? How many are we talking about to bring the prices up?

I like yours...very nice!

Thanks.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in