776182431_rbPva-L.jpg

776182785_WxJV4-L.jpg

776182672_i7EiC-L.jpg

776182238_PEbhi-L.jpg

776182194_RWUQs-L.jpg

776182156_SnX5M-L.jpg

776182119_uAMtd-L.jpg

776182119_uAMtd-L.jpg

These were not taken at the Titleist booth. These are Scotty Cameron at the Cameron Collector booth, but I thought they fit best here.

776196266_WzJFH-L.jpg

776196353_kjbzn-L.jpg

I`m not the biggest Scotty fan.His putters are very good but for the most part they are just nicely milled copies of classics such as the Anser,etc.Great marketing,promotion and hype though.

I`m not the biggest Scotty fan.His putters are very good but for the most part they are just nicely milled copies of classics such as the Anser,etc.Great marketing,promotion and hype though.

Yep, that's about how I feel. Great success.

That orange cover with the spider in the middle would be perfect for my wife. Agreed on the Camerons simply being copies of Ansers. Overpriced golf bag jewelry.

longshanks.....

excellent snaps of the cameron covers. i spy a few that i may need to get my grubby paws on.

i'm not a fanatic by any stretch of the imagination but i will say....my cameron is my homeboy. best.boyfriend.ever.

Im not into them either but I am always jealous of the head covers.

Wow--what does it say about a show like that that they felt they had to have everything under lock and key? Or were they being a little paranoid about it?

Wow--what does it say about a show like that that they felt they had to have everything under lock and key? Or were they being a little paranoid about it?
I was thinking the same thing.

I was thinking the same thing, the display seemed a bit pretentious. It's what I expect from Titleist and Cameron.

i had no idea that Scotty putter head covers were so popular or sought after?:confused2:

I was thinking the same thing.

I was thinking the same thing, the display seemed a bit pretentious. It's what I expect from Titleist and Cameron.

I too was thinking the same thing, but when you have headcovers that are going for $200+ up, I can understand being cautious.

I checked into that orange one, they only made 500 for Halloween in 2008 & they sell for between $195-300 depending on whether you get lucky or not. That's asinine for any headcover.

That kind of sums up my feelings about Cameron.

I think he makes fantastic putters (that are copies of Ansers).

I think some of his headcovers are awesome (and unattainable for someone who would want to game them)

The display was kinda nifty (and seemed to have nothing to do with golf, and everything to do with being pretentious.)

I would love to have a custom Cameron, but I would never pay that kind of money because I would game it.

It's not that they were under lock and key as much as they are the hype about the new displays. They are being produced now and I'm sure will be out for limited sale before long....funny story - I was a member of club cameron for one year. It was the first year that they had those huge orange, lime and yellow staff bags and they held a lottery to see who would be eligible to buy one. I was one of the lucky ones chosen and purchased for $699 i believe. Put it on eBay before it even showed up and sold it for $1600.

Crazy.

I too was thinking the same thing, but when you have headcovers that are going for $200+ up, I can understand being cautious.

I checked into that orange one, they only made 500 for Halloween in 2008 & they sell for between $195-300 depending on whether you get lucky or not. That's asinine for any headcover.

I understand the head covers but why have all of the putters locked up. Hire a security guard if your that worried about it. Shrinkage is a part of any business.

Hola

Hola

The display case for the putters is the same as the one they got in the local golf shop for these putters. That must be marketing showcase for their putters.

the wall behind scotty has the wall of putters.

everything in the display were limited edition or mega custom. and if those headcovers were left out within reach....they'd all be gone. there are some crazy fans out there.

i'll admit...my gamer cover is sought after. i waited years to find one reasonable. and when i did...i payed the price and game it with pride. it's like a kid.

the wall behind scotty has the wall of putters.

That wasn't the Titliest booth.

The Titleist booth had a few SC putters out (nothing new), but I can't find the photo I took.

BEAUTIFUL. great pics Harry. man I don't really need one but I'd like to pick up 1 or 4 of those putters. and all those headcovers I wish I didn't know they existed.

I can't imagine paying for a putter head cover.

My buddy was looking for a replacement Cameron cover for his SC so Titleist sent us over to the Table Rock booth.

We started looking through them and they were priced anywhere between 70 and 800 for those covers.

And his divot tools which were in a different finish were going for 80...

Yikes.

We walked away and got a good chuckle out of the prices.

I think even if I have the means to purchase one of those, I wouldn't.

that's what i thought until i saw my baby...

Spoiler
photo-1.jpg

Good point(s) and great pictures.
I have a very small collection of covers and a few putters.
If anything, I will use the stock/otr cover or an after market one, so the bag doesn't draw too much attention.

And, I seem to be heading back to mallet style putters, so none of them would fit anyway :confused2:.

that's what i thought until i saw my baby...

Spoiler
photo-1.jpg
So, what's the deal with the expensive covers?

Rare and limited designs? How many are we talking about to bring the prices up?

I like yours...very nice!

Thanks.

Back