AUWU11

Reaction score
Handicap
7.2 GHIN
I’m sure this has been discussed, so I apologize in advance.

Trying to find out what this ball is all about before shelling out the money. I’ve read so many different things that it’s hard to get any accurate idea of what to expect.

The gist of what I’ve found most consistently:

- 3 piece urethane
- Soft like AVX but higher ball flight (similar to ProV1)
- Deeper dimples than AVX
- Titleist’s version of the Chrome Soft/Q-Star Tour/Project (A) market

Any of this accurate?
Any idea what the compression rating is?

I’ve played almost every 3-piece urethane ball out there. I’d love to have something from Titleist in this realm besides the AVX (good ball, but the poor green side spin and lower ball flight are turn offs).

Bottom line - If this ball is more like the ProV1, then it’s not for me. ProV1 is a little too hard for my liking. If it’s closer to the feel of the AVX/Q-Star Tour/Project (A), then I’ll probably give it a try.

Thanks!

My buddy and I were chatting about it today. He described it as playing exactly like a ProV1 (i.e. slightly lower traj and softer than ProV1x) until it hit the green. He felt a Tour Soft or TruSoft spins more than EXP-01. And an AVX had much more spin than the EXP.

My buddy and I were chatting about it today. He described it as playing exactly like a ProV1 (i.e. slightly lower traj and softer than ProV1x) until it hit the green. He felt a Tour Soft or TruSoft spins more than EXP-01. And an AVX had much more spin than the EXP.

That really contradicts the TXP testing. The EXP basically has very similar characteristics to a ProV1 in terms of ball flight with slightly less green side spin and a softer feel than ProV1 but possibly a bit firmer than AVX. The green side spin was not that far off the ProV1 with the EXP and much higher than the AVX.

That really contradicts the TXP testing. The EXP basically has very similar characteristics to a ProV1 in terms of ball flight with slightly less green side spin and a softer feel than ProV1 but possibly a bit firmer than AVX. The green side spin was not that far off the ProV1 with the EXP and much higher than the AVX.

Just going by his on course feedback.
He plays 3-4 times a week and has rotated between the AVX, V1 and V1x.

He said a fellow guy at his club that recently switched to the EXP said it does everything pretty well other than a lack of spin.

Eric from Titleist told us at the Ultimate testing that this was a ball aimed at being a lower cost urethane offering than the the other 3 balls. He did not divulge any expectations of the balls performance, but he talked a lot about their proprietary in house urethane that they use for the ProV1, ProV1X, and AVX (all the same). He also noted there are a couple of industry urethanes that everyone else uses and that the EXP-01 had one of the industry urethanes and not the proprietary. This allowed it to be lower cost and more competitive with the balls mentioned above. I can't imagine in choosing a ball like this that they didn't try for soft feel and low spin also, which matches a lot of the testing I have seen.

Back