Titleist LinksMaster Bags

M2Giles

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish
So I've seen a few mentions of these around the internets but while watching a YouTube video today I finally saw one in action.

There are 2 versions. Caddie and Members bag each have their own features. The members bag has easily swapped straps to switch between double strap and single strap. The Caddie bag has more of the side saddle pocket look with an under pocket. Both versions feature a 3 slot top (I believe full length dividers)

These bags are on the expensive side at over $300 and are exclusive to green grass preferred accounts. There is basically no Titleist branding on the bags and come in a few colors including white. They use a pleather like material for easy cleaning.

Seeing the Members bag in that video it looked really good. Probably one of the more functional subtle branding bags I've seen.

Its interesting to me how little info is out there about this bag. Titleist basically only have a mention of an engraved initials plate on their site. But I guess they have this bag to fill a need at high end courses that want subtle branding.

PXL_20200920_232344661.jpg

Well it's taken awhile, but I've tracked down the members bag. Augusta Country Club is the logo on mine and I believe I got the Ash color.

Thoughts so far:

Carry Friendly: This bag is geared towards the walker who carries or uses a caddy. It comes with both a backpack strap option and a larger single strap if that's more your jam. The bag weighs as much as a hoofer, but like a hoofer balances really well and feels much lighter on your back than expected.

Size: This thing is small. Going towards the previous point, this thing is probably to small for using with a push cart or on a cart. There is no passthrough strap to help with using with a cart. It has a 3 way too with full length dividers. I use slightly larger than standard grips and notice some binding. Though I think there will be minimal club chatter. Pockets are also on the small size as well.

Competitors: this thing is definitely more aimed at Stitch and other lifestyle golf bags. Vessel is a similar price point, but the Sunday Bag is probably the best for a comparison in size. Stitch SL1 would be another similar bag. I think the Jones Carry bags would be closer in size than the stand bags.

This thing is expensive, pretty hard to find any good information on, and geared towards a very certain type of player. I'll see how mine holds up, but this might be my go to bag for the rounds that carry and switch to a larger bag if Im using my pushcart or riding.

It looks high quality and up there with a mnml bag or even a stitch bag. Awesome bag and enjoy it.

Haven't handles a mnml bag, but this really feels like a Stitch SL1. Minimal branding and geared towards someone that carries or uses a caddy.

I have 3 vessel stand bags. This thing is tiny compared to them. Those I would only use riding or with a pushcart. This is the opposite.

OK! Tried to quote the OP, but it just wouldn't happen for me. What's going on? Are we under attack?

Anyway, at $300+. I'm not interested in any way, shape or form! Ridiculous! And I'm in the market for a new cart bag, and this is for a carry bag? You have to be kidding me!

Back