Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

Played 18 today, couple thoughts that stood out were the following:

Par 5 hit driver left into the adjacent fairway. Was 204 out. Tall trees line the fairway. Usually when this happens I will hit a seven iron to make sure I get over the trees and back in the fairway try and get up and down for a birdie. This past weekend I was amazed how high the t200 4 ironlaunched. So today I pulled it out and was able to get over the trees and land on the front part of the green.

It was windy today about a steady 15mph with gust up to 20mph. These irons held their line in cross winds and never balooned into the wind.

I urge anyone in the market for new irons to give these a shot. Titleist has a winning line up with the T series..

I have been out a couple more times this week for a few holes at a time. One thing I am really enjoying with my set is the split.

The T300 irons are an even bigger profile than my previous JPX 919 Hot Metals were. They just look and feel like they are going to be easy to hit which inspires a lot of confidence. They have a great feel and launch well. I am seeing nearly identical distances which is as expected given the lofts are almost the same, but I might be getting a tad higher flight. Hard to say for sure since I have only gotten maybe 20 total shots in so far with these clubs.

The T200's are the clubs I am really impressed with so far. These things look amazing in hand and behind the ball. I have been hitting the ball straighter because they are so easy to aim. The feel on these is a pretty big improvement over my Hot Metals. I am hitting darts with the 7 iron and down. My home course is an old school parkland course with raised greens that slope forward back to front, so throwing darts is a necessity to hitting greens. I should see some improvement on approach with these in the bag.

So far so good with the T-Series. and again these T200's are a fantastic set of irons. I think they could be played by nearly any skill level.

i saw the t200 and t300 today in a green grass pro shop. really good-looking iron at address. maybe a little long heel-to-toe, but definitely not anything that would bother me.

i saw the t200 and t300 today in a green grass pro shop. really good-looking iron at address. maybe a little long heel-to-toe, but definitely not anything that would bother me.
I thought the sane thing. All really good at address.

My initial thoughts on my new T200s...
I got more range time at the event on Saturday in the rain. Wearing rain gloves and in a cold rain everything was a fade. I've never worn rain gloves or anything on my right hand before and that was such a weird feeling for me. So I will try to forget all the shots from Saturday.

Sunday was a quick warm up on the range with some gap wedge and driver. I typically love my set gap wedge, at least I have with my previous two sets of irons and I think the T200 48° (mine is bent to 49°) will be a set favorite. It looks different because it is shallower than most other clubs of similar loft and I think that will take a little getting used to. But it performs. I also noticed some really nice turf interaction. Better than my previous Rogue Pro.

Through out the set I noticed some really nice lateral forgiveness. And they are straight too. Like crazy straight for me. I've played a draw in my irons for a long while now and my fitter noticed it and asked if I wanted him to do anything about it. I said sure so he made the lie angle 2° flat. Now my default shot is straight and it is easier to hit a fade if I want. I figure I can always work a draw should I want to. They also go very high. I posted some pictures in the live thread if a couple of my approach shots plugging in the green. One was with a 9 iron and the other with the 49°. And the greens were still pretty firm and fast despite the rain from Saturday. These have some legit stopping power when you need it.

Starting tomorrow it is supposed to rain for the next week so I don't know if I'll have much chance to get them out on the course. I might try to get in the practice sim at the PGATSS sometime this weekend just to get a feel of the whole set. I don't trust those sim numbers at all. I really just can't wait to hit these again and get some real numbers with my Arccos.

Walked a quick 9 today, hit all my 120 in shots with the t100 gap wedge. I really really enjoy this club. So easy to flight and my distances are spot on. These clubs continue to impress!

I went for a fitting with cool clubs last week. I tried the new apex, p760, Honma tw747, T200, practically anything he thought would work. The best results were with the T100 against my gamers the z545 which surprised me being a more compact iron. The T100 felt the best by a country mile for me too.

Averages were.

Z545
Cs 80.1, bs 118.8, spin 4856, 155.9 carry.
Nippon 980gsh reg.

T100
Cs 82.6, bs 121.4, spin 4714, 162.4 carry.
Nippon pro modus 3 105 stiff.

The fitter said that my Srixons were 2-3 flexes too soft. Once fitted into the stiffer shaft I was just able to swing how I wanted with no fear of it going to the right due to the shaft.
There were a few spec differences with lie and loft but I’m not too sure what they were.
I’ve just got to suck it up and drop the pennies.

I am interested in your results. Your efficiency is very high compared to mine. I have similar swingspeed with a 6 iron always 82-83 mph but my ball speed is much lower around 111-112 mph with an efficiency of 1.36 or so. In my fitting I was looking mostly in the 95g weight (I am currently playing Steelfiber 95s in stiff) all in stiff flex but I never got remotely close to your bass speed.

My numbers were:
Current i200 Steelfiber 95 stiff
Cs 82.7, bs 111.6, launch 16.0, spin 5368, 157 carry.

Best numbers from fitting:
Apex w/Nippon 850gh stiff
Cs 83.6, bs 112, launch 16.3, spin 5155, 159 carry.

I don't know if it is a swing issue on my efficiency. I am a 5 index golfer and have pretty consistent swing. I would love to pick up some more distance which I lost due to some health issues. I have plans to try to regain some speed this winter (fitness, flexibility and Superspeed training) but I am always surprised when I see someone with similar swingspeed that hits it much farther.

I am interested in your results. Your efficiency is very high compared to mine. I have similar swingspeed with a 6 iron always 82-83 mph but my ball speed is much lower around 111-112 mph with an efficiency of 1.36 or so. In my fitting I was looking mostly in the 95g weight (I am currently playing Steelfiber 95s in stiff) all in stiff flex but I never got remotely close to your bass speed.

My numbers were:
Current i200 Steelfiber 95 stiff
Cs 82.7, bs 111.6, launch 16.0, spin 5368, 157 carry.

Best numbers from fitting:
Apex w/Nippon 850gh stiff
Cs 83.6, bs 112, launch 16.3, spin 5155, 159 carry.

I don't know if it is a swing issue on my efficiency. I am a 5 index golfer and have pretty consistent swing. I would love to pick up some more distance which I lost due to some health issues. I have plans to try to regain some speed this winter (fitness, flexibility and Superspeed training) but I am always surprised when I see someone with similar swingspeed that hits it much farther.

For what it’s worth I have a very shallow AOA and lower spin which could contribute to a few more metres. A major factor is being able to hit the middle of the face otherwise the numbers will always drop and I think choice of ball can play a roll too.
Here’s a pic of the results the fitter sent me. Blue is the T100’s and the red was my z545’s.
A71C5517-FA7E-4183-A911-F41A771DC0F6.png

For what it’s worth I have a very shallow AOA and lower spin which could contribute to a few more metres. A major factor is being able to hit the middle of the face otherwise the numbers will always drop and I think choice of ball can play a roll too.
Here’s a pic of the results the fitter sent me. Blue is the T100’s and the red was my z545’s.
View attachment 8912294
That is insanely good efficiency from an iron. Normally, one would expect to see a smash factor 1.35 to 1.4.

That is insanely good efficiency from an iron. Normally, one would expect to see a smash factor 1.35 to 1.4.

I am in the 1.36 range. I don’t have anywhere that kind of efficiency. Your carry distance is 3-4 yards longer than mine not the 10 I thought originally.

I picked up my T100’s 4-GW this arvo and I’m so very happy. I hit about 5 or 6 shots on the simulator with all of them to get an idea of carry distances, especially since the lofts are new. The increase over my z545’s that I saw in the fitting was there again and I’m ecstatic to say the least. All clubs were 1/2 - 1 club longer which is impressive considering the lofts are 2-3 degrees weaker. It does wonders for the confidence when I can just swing how I want and the shaft will hold up its end of the bargain too. I did see about a 10-15m drop off on carry when I did miss it but I can live with that. However the feeling of a middled strike is addictive. Great looking clubs. Below is the 8i

13F17E20-1F9D-4CB1-95A7-9CDE1DA2772D.jpeg

Played my first full round by myself yesterday. I was definitely missing the shamble format as I had a lot of trouble getting into position off the tee. That said my irons performed well. When I was in a good spot I hit some darts with the T200's. These irons look and feel fantastic. I am getting a lot of stopping power from them as well. One shot I hit that kind of reveals how confident I feel striking the ball with these clubs came on hole 15 at my home course. I drove the ball into the woods and I am setting on some hard pan. There is a window to go under a tree limb about 20' high right in front of me and over a tree about 60 yards away that was about 45' tall. I had 150 yards before the end of the other side of the fairway once I cleared the tree. Tough shot, but I felt good because I love these clubs. I grabbed my 8 iron and executed it perfectly setting up 100 yard approach for my 3rd shot on the par 5. I will say it again, the T200's should be in everyone's list of sets to try for 2019 and throughout 2020. They are a remarkable set of irons.

Last edited:
First I want to start by thanking @JB @GolferGal @LSMO @Vortex @DataDude @wluker17 and @chasDog for being such a great group of people. We were truly blessed to be apart of this event. Thank you Eric and Josh from Titleist for all that you did to make us feel like pros for a weekend.

Everything from the Chateau Elan to the people working behind the counters treated us as if we were very special and cared about our stay. The food and atmosphere was excellent. If your ever looking for a long weekend getaway you should give them a look. Noting but first class.

Josh and Eric from Titleist treated us like we were apart of the inside circle and shared a ton of stuff with us. They also know what they are talking about and are very informative. Very down to earth normal guys just as you would expect.

I was fitted for the T 200 irons 5 to PW and the U510 in a 4 iron. My game was not very good coming into this event but that didn't matter. After getting home and getting a lesson with my PGA professional I finally got most of my swing back. The U 510 is amazing, the ball comes of the club HOT, and the ball flight is an absolute thing of beauty. The T 200 irons are so pleasing to the eye, the craftsmanship in this line fits right in with the Titleist line. The forgiveness that they provide are superior for any golfer. I was always under the impression that Titleist was for the Pro`s and they are but they have done and amazing job catering to the average guy like myself with various lines of irons to fit your game.

Thanks to @chasDog for being the navigator to and from the airport and @wluker17 for being a great roommate and breaking down some college football. Just this Saturday I was channel surfing and came across Auburn game and thought of you...yes I watched it. I had great conversation with @DataDude on our last day and he was on FIRE with the new T series irons.

If you are looking for new irons, go hit these I promise that you wont be disappointed of the outcome. Check out the Chateau Elan if you are ever in Braselton Georgia. I highly recommend it.20191019_083144.jpg

Last edited:
Do I have to take the plastic off??
d6f350c22a3c469d8f30d60a748c41f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Oh they are sooo beautiful ! :love:

I stopped a golf shop on Friday and spent some time hitting some irons. I didn’t find any magic bullets. I liked the way the T100s felt more than the T200. I didn’t dislike the 200 and I am sure if I didn’t hit the clubs side by side I would have been fine with the 200. I like the looks of both and they will be on my short list next spring.

Played my first full round by myself yesterday. I was definitely missing the shamble format as I had a lot of trouble getting into position off the tee. That said my irons performed well. When I was in a good spot I hit some darts with the T200's. These irons look and feel fantastic. I am getting a lot of stopping power from them as well. One shot I hit that kind of reveals how confident I feel striking the ball with these clubs came on hole 15 at my home course. I drove the ball into the woods and I am setting on some hard pan. There is a window to go under a tree limb about 20' high right in front of me and over a tree about 60 yards away that was about 45' tall. I had 150 yards before the end of the other side of the fairway once I cleared the tree. Tough shot, but I felt good because I love these clubs. I grabbed my 8 iron and executed it perfectly setting up 100 yard approach for my 3rd shot on the par 5. I will say it again, the T200's should be in everyone's list of sets to try for 2019 and throughout 2020. They are a remarkable set of irons.

The really are fantastic clubs and should be on everyone’s short list!

I stopped a golf shop on Friday and spent some time hitting some irons. I didn’t find any magic bullets. I liked the way the T100s felt more than the T200. I didn’t dislike the 200 and I am sure if I didn’t hit the clubs side by side I would have been fine with the 200. I like the looks of both and they will be on my short list next spring.

I hear you there. I didn’t dislike the T200’s but the T100’s felt better to me. I actually hit the T200 8i & 48* a couple of months ago and thought they were great. I let the fitter do his thing and one strike with the T100’s and I was sold.

We had a 65 degree weather day yesterday and jumped on the course for 9. I have to say that for me personally these irons give me so much confidence especially the U 510, I had a par 3 190 yards into a stiff wind, I played the ball back a hair in my stance and nailed a low stinger and dropped it 9 feet away from the cup. I`m super excited that I have these irons in the bag. I cant wait until spring to start playing golf on a regular basis again. I would suggest giving them a try if you haven't already. You wont be disappointed.

I managed to get out for a handful of holes today, hit nothing but irons and I have a grin from ear to ear. The aim was to hopefully get used to them before the mid week comp tomorrow.
Once I remembered that these are slightly longer shafted than my old irons I stopped hitting chunks and started hitting it great. I was conscious of the added weight to start but soon forgot all about it. Sure I missed a few but more than happy considering it was my 1st time out with them. I chipped around the green and played various shots from different lengths. I love having the set 50* back in the bag again for bump and runs.
I did play my last hole the par5 9th in a 3 ball scramble type setup (just me, took the best of the 3) and actually made a birdie. I went 4i, 4i and 54* to 3ft and actually putted with the 54 as I couldn’t be assed to get my putter.
Heaps of feedback with strike which is good for me but the feeling of a flushed one is ridiculous. Looking forward to tomorrow. Will post back after the round.

I managed to get out for a handful of holes today, hit nothing but irons and I have a grin from ear to ear. The aim was to hopefully get used to them before the mid week comp tomorrow.
Once I remembered that these are slightly longer shafted than my old irons I stopped hitting chunks and started hitting it great. I was conscious of the added weight to start but soon forgot all about it. Sure I missed a few but more than happy considering it was my 1st time out with them. I chipped around the green and played various shots from different lengths. I love having the set 50* back in the bag again for bump and runs.
I did play my last hole the par5 9th in a 3 ball scramble type setup (just me, took the best of the 3) and actually made a birdie. I went 4i, 4i and 54* to 3ft and actually putted with the 54 as I couldn’t be assed to get my putter.
Heaps of feedback with strike which is good for me but the feeling of a flushed one is ridiculous. Looking forward to tomorrow. Will post back after the round.
That`s awesome they are a great product that`s for sure

Put my reliable PX shafts into the TS200's last night. Ready to get them on the course tomorrow. (y)

I just couldn't get used to the Mitsubishi Red. They just really screwed up my transition. :rolleyes:

I have hit the T200s a few times now at my local golf shop. They look as good as any iron in this profile when set up behind the ball. Very thin top line and minimal offset. They produce very good ball speed, too, relative to other players distance irons. My only complaint about this offering is that it does not have the same soft feel, pleasing sound that I have experienced with some of the other offerings. Since this aspect of a club is so completely subjective, my input there should not dissuade anybody else from giving this iron a serious look. The performance is totally there, in spades.

Put my reliable PX shafts into the TS200's last night. Ready to get them on the course tomorrow. (y)

I just couldn't get used to the Mitsubishi Red. They just really screwed up my transition. :rolleyes:

I would imagine they were different weights. That can make a big difference on your transition.

I'm looking forward to playing my Titleist T200 irons tomorrow. Florida courses are pretty quiet in the afternoon, at this time of year, so I should have plenty of time to take photos and post during the round.

I'm looking forward to playing my Titleist T200 irons tomorrow. Florida courses are pretty quiet in the afternoon, at this time of year, so I should have plenty of time to take photos and post during the round.

We are looking forward to it!

Back