Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

So my maiden comp round with the new irons was a success. I started on the back 9 and had 6 over but then came home strong and squared the card on the front to play to my 6 hcap. The wind kicked up to about 30kph midway through the round and the irons handled it well. I had no issues flighting the ball low when needed. Lots of great shots and a few I got away with more than I should of. I think my favourite so far is the set 50*. It setup one of my two birdies today after hitting it from 95m uphill into the breeze to 4ft But I hit a handful of bump and run chips around the greens that all left me within 3ft. I’ve missed being able to do that with my old setup.
I think lots of people will enjoy the T series. It’s such a great lineup.

Greetings from sunny and steamy south Florida. I’m playing Heron Creek and largely have the course to myself. Heron Creek has 27 holes and I’m playing from the blues. Quick greens. A key goal is to measure GIR % with the T200 irons. The over/under line is 30%. I’m an optimistic guy so taking the over. ?.

image.jpg

Greetings from sunny and steamy south Florida. I’m playing Heron Creek and largely have the course to myself. Heron Creek has 27 holes and I’m playing from the blues. Quick greens. A key goal is to measure GIR % with the T200 irons. The over/under line is 30%. I’m an optimistic guy so taking the over. ?.

View attachment 8913128
Hittem straight (y)

View attachment 8913128
Have fun. Looks like a beautiful day there.

#3 is a 155 yard par 3. Burned the edge for birdie, tap in par. Used an 8 iron and liked the mid-high trajectory.

BFE6D60D-6077-4A81-A961-D5C2424566A0.jpeg

140 yard par 3 over the FL jungle with a 9 iron. Best feeling/looking shot of the day (so far).

FE7A633E-1125-4CB2-9E25-2C88DA7730E2.jpeg

Replaying a 4 hole loop. Here’s the 140 par 3 from the box. Going to hit 2 balls (PW & 9).

image.jpg

Laying off a 9 and stepping on a PW are above my pay grade. Both landed in the green side bunker. SW + 2 putt bogeys for both balls.

Finished the round with 39% GIR. (y) Going 4 for 4 on par 3s helped a lot. Couldn't get a birdie putt to drop but happy with 4 pars.

Overall, I enjoyed the round and played okay except for putting two balls in the jungle and then struggling on a couple of green side chip shots from tight lies on soggy turf. Yikes! Going to use a 48* wedge next time.

The 4 iron was the biggest surprise. I've always used a hybrid in this slot but want to see if I can successfully put one in play. I dropped 3 balls 227 yards out on the #1 handicap hole. I'm not a big hitter so didn't expect to put one on the green. The longest shot was about 10 yards short of the green and the shortest was about 20 yards. The tight dispersion surprised me. The ball also flew higher than expected. High for me is ~50 feet and maybe 60' with a good swing.

I'm playing 1 or 2 rounds over the next 10 days. You often hear people say it takes a while to adapt to new irons. I don't think that's the case with T200s. My card had 8 pars today. Eliminate the jungle (driver) and a couple of fat wedge shots and I'm hovering under/over 80. Good thing there's always another round...;)

Finished the round with 39% GIR. (y) Going 4 for 4 on par 3s helped a lot. Couldn't get a birdie putt to drop but happy with 4 pars.

Overall, I enjoyed the round and played okay except for putting two balls in the jungle and then struggling on a couple of green side chip shots from tight lies on soggy turf. Yikes! Going to use a 48* wedge next time.

The 4 iron was the biggest surprise. I've always used a hybrid in this slot but want to see if I can successfully put one in play. I dropped 3 balls 227 yards out on the #1 handicap hole. I'm not a big hitter so didn't expect to put one on the green. The longest shot was about 10 yards short of the green and the shortest was about 20 yards. The tight dispersion surprised me. The ball also flew higher than expected. High for me is ~50 feet and maybe 60' with a good swing.

I'm playing 1 or 2 rounds over the next 10 days. You often hear people say it takes a while to adapt to new irons. I don't think that's the case with T200s. My card had 8 pars today. Eliminate the jungle (driver) and a couple of fat wedge shots and I'm hovering under/over 80. Good thing there's always another round...;)
Great results.

Great results.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to hearing about your next round. I'll probably play ~15 times before next Sunday (Nov 10) and curious to see if there's a scorecard impact. I played some challenging courses over the last month and my index ballooned more than a pitching wedge into a strong headwind. :eek: We're playing a new course almost every day. Florida golf is all about carry, water, and the jungle.

My previous irons were Apex CF16s which I really liked. T200 and Apex yardages are similar. T200s crush every iron when it comes to appearance (IMO). The 'feel' for T200 vs Apex is similar. Too early to say if there's a noticeable spin difference between T200 and Apex.

Great round! Glad to hear the irons are working out! The long irons are great in this series!

Great round! Glad to hear the irons are working out! The long irons are great in this series!

If only I could hit a 4 iron like you. ? ??

Thanks! I'm looking forward to hearing about your next round. I'll probably play ~15 times before next Sunday (Nov 10) and curious to see if there's a scorecard impact. I played some challenging courses over the last month and my index ballooned more than a pitching wedge into a strong headwind. :eek: We're playing a new course almost every day. Florida golf is all about carry, water, and the jungle.

My previous irons were Apex CF16s which I really liked. T200 and Apex yardages are similar. T200s crush every iron when it comes to appearance (IMO). The 'feel' for T200 vs Apex is similar. Too early to say if there's a noticeable spin difference between T200 and Apex.
I played today but it was a struggle. I was rushed thanks to work and got there 15 mins before my tee time. The greens were only cored 2 weeks ago so short game/putting is still a raffle. It didn’t help too that the wind was ridiculous. It was 40kph and gusting at nearly 60. Anyway, I still managed 7 worse than my 5hcap so that’s ok. It gave me a great opportunity to try flight balls up/down and left/right. I had no issues what so ever. I had a few thin strikes today and these handle it incredibly well. I’m still loving the feel and results. I know I keep saying it but the set 50* is AMAZING. I’m more used to the weight and size of the heads now and I don’t even think about it.

Rain and Halloween have kept me away from the golf course for a few days. I want to hit my babies again LOL!!! Looks like you had a good round with them @Vortex.

Rain and Halloween have kept me away from the golf course for a few days. I want to hit my babies again LOL!!! Looks like you had a good round with them @Vortex.

Bummer about the KY weather. Hopefully, you'll be back on the course soon. Two cousins from LA traveled to FL and we'll be spending most of the next five days on a golf course. My brother is also here for a fun brothers vs brothers competition.

Bummer about the KY weather. Hopefully, you'll be back on the course soon. Two cousins from LA traveled to FL and we'll be spending most of the next five days on a golf course. My brother is also here for a fun brothers vs brothers competition.
Nothing like a golf trip!! Have fun!!

I may be enjoying my irons so much I ordered a TS3 driver. I might have done that, maybe ?.

I may be enjoying my irons so much I ordered a TS3 driver. I might have done that, maybe ?.

Haha D Squared I had no doubt.

Got out for 7 holes this afternoon. It's windy and cool around here. These irons handle the wind just fine. Hit the T300's and the T200's from several distances and got basically exactly what I was expecting. The T300's really have a nice look at address for a long iron. I honestly think even better players could use a club like this in their longest iron slot. Big face, low offset, the back doesn't noticeably peak out, and they hit the ball high. The T200's would be great for anyone. They are just awesome clubs. I was 7 over through 7 in a 20 mph wind from black tees so they are really performing for me.

Got to spend an hour on trackman on Friday. T100 are about 1/2 club longer over my mp18. Feel is pretty close as well!

My new T300 Irons arrived today 6-GW. Only got a quick bucket in but they feel good. I will be getting used to them a lot tomorrow and cannot wait.

82E03BAB-45D6-47CB-9FA2-4A3E74A2916A.jpeg66CA51B7-47A4-4950-891E-B13D0C1B93B2.jpeg638C7574-15D4-4718-9D8C-A9A1B194CE86.jpeg

Back