Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

Every time I think I want to try something, I play a round and realize I’d be stupid to change

So after 9 months of T100 ownership, yesterday I bit the bullet and ordered a new blended set (My signature is set up in anticipation of delivery!).
I love the T100 but the loss of distance, from the stamped number on the bottom compared to my previous 718 AP3s was really starting to mess with my head.
With the U510 at 22* already in the bag, I wanted to continue with the forgiveness at the top end, I hit the T100 5 iron & 6 iron OK, but not great hence the blended approach.

So as per my signature i‘ve gone for..........

T200 5 iron (bent 1* weak) 25*
T200 6 iron (bent 1* weak) 28*
T100-S 7 iron (standard) 32* (then standard T100-S, 8-GW lofts with 4* increments)

With the added bonus a smidge of offset comes off the T200s.

The loss of distance would be down to the AP3's being weaker lofts then. The 100s will be the same lofts as the AP3's

I don't know why they do it like that

When I was looking for irons, only the T100 and AP2's gave me the lofts I wanted. I don't want my lofts to be weak, effectively giving me a 6 iron in a 7 iron etc etc

The loss of distance would be down to the AP3's being weaker lofts then. The 100s will be the same lofts as the AP3's

I don't know why they do it like that

When I was looking for irons, only the T100 and AP2's gave me the lofts I wanted. I don't want my lofts to be weak, effectively giving me a 6 iron in a 7 iron etc etc
The T200 5 & 6 (bent 1* weak) have the same loft as the equivalent AP3, so I’ll be back in the same yardages as I had before the T100 (I’d lost 10 yards with my T100 5 & 6, compared to the AP3). With the added bonus the T200 sound & feel so much better than the AP3, due to the forged face compared to cast.

T100-S (7-PW) as standard are 1* weaker than the AP3s, so not going to gain the full distance back that I lost with the T100, but it’s good enough for me, and the T100-S look, sound & feel much better than the AP3, happy to give up 2-3 yards for that.

I understand slightly stronger lofts in traditional looking clubs is not for everyone though.

Last edited:
I have always played mizuno mp-59s. I love the look and feel. A golfing partner indicated that i could use a bit more forgiveness, as he has seen a number of less than idea approach shots pull up short. I assumed -as an 12 hdcp i would be in the t200 line or even a split t100/t200 set.

Yesterday on course with a partner who is a 5 hdcp and trending down. He recently was fit into t300s. I scoffed that they would be too chunky and GI focused for me to play. Seeing a 5 play them changes that stigma. I played his irons from all the par 3s. Each of those 4 were less than perfect contact - a bit thin or a bit toe. I was very surprised to see those shots all be GIR. I am used to those misses resulting in missed greens. Despite “jacked” lofts, the trajectory was good and the shots held the green as well as i would expect. It is easy to get ocer the slightly thicker top line and longer toe when you know they aren’t going to leave you in a green-side bunker.

I was impressed. I am ditching my stigma on having some tech help. I am going for a fitting and looking forward to hitting more greens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always played mizuno mp-59s. I love the look and feel. A golfing partner indicated that i could use a bit more forgiveness, as he has seen a number of less than idea approach shots pull up short. I assumed -as an 12 hdcp i would be in the t200 line or even a split t100/t200 set.

Yesterday on course with a partner who is a 5 hdcp and trending down. He recently was fit into t300s. I scoffed that they would be too chunky and GI focused for me to play. Seeing a 5 play them changes that stigma. I played his irons from all the par 3s. Each of those 4 were less than perfect contact - a bit thin or a bit toe. I was very surprised to see those shots all be GIR. I am used to those misses resulting in missed greens. Despite “jacked” lofts, the trajectory was good and the shots held the green as well as i would expect. It is easy to get ocer the slightly thicker top line and longer toe when you know they aren’t going to leave you in a green-side bunker.

I was impressed. I am ditching my stigma on having some tech help. I am going for a fitting and looking forward to hitting more greens.

Which shafts were the T300's paired with? The stronger lofts of the T300's are negated a bit with the AMT Red shaft anyway, which has a much higher launch and spin profile than the S300's in your signature. My ears perked up when you said MP-59. Have a set I've been hanging on to that need some new shafts some day. Great heads though! I played some AP1's at one time and Titleist always seems to keep just enough playability with their more GI style heads. I always like that about Titleist.

Today I went to the range to practice with my wedges. I went into the pro shop to ask about Shotscope V3 and the pro was on the phone. There was a bag of demo 7 irons and I saw the T100 and pulled it out and checked it out.
Wow.
Sexiest top line in a non blade?
I couldn't believe that a cavity back club could look this good down by the ball.
I asked him if I could take it to the range so I took it alongside my 710MB. I've had the same irons for more than 10 years, it's hard to believe and I've never really considered changing them until this year. I was pretty keen on changing them out for some more blades but this was there so no harm hitting some balls with it.
I warmed up with my 710MB and then shifted over to the T100.
Extremely similar feel and appearance down at the ball which I was shocked at.
I then realised that the T100 looks more blade like than my MB! It has a thinner top line and looks to be the same face size. The sole is wider though.
I switched back to the MB and I was hitting into the wind so I started stepping onto it a little to hit low strong draws.
Switched back to the T100 and used the same swing and was shocked. It was going dead straight. My super reliable strong draw extra length swing was creating straight powerful shots with this club. It just didn't make sense to me, it still doesn't really.
I rarely struggle with hitting the centre of the club and getting distance loss but this club made me realise about directional forgiveness.
I feel like these irons could quite literally be point and shoot in a sexy package.
I'm not quite in yet, I'd like to wait a little for the upcoming mizuno and taylormade releases as well as maybe try out the Ben Hogan's but wow these have set the standard. Quite frankly I'm shocked as I just didn't expect such forgiveness. The look at address I don't think will be beaten, other manufacturers blades dont have top lines that thin let alone cavity backs.
86dfa7d97e9663e90428a9d740ddc387.jpg
e1b3245cea0b4b1487a2155456d7a1be.jpg
55d9fa6400029bb5f18a4feba508d086.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

This is why I love multimaterial designs in irons so much. The COG is lower with the T100, and even the thinner topline aids in that design element.
Hosel looks shorter.

Blades have a fairly heel side COG unless design steps are taken to offset that effect. Sounds like if you want a relatively forgiving, neutral blade-like clubhead, this is a good design. (y)

Which shafts were the T300's paired with? The stronger lofts of the T300's are negated a bit with the AMT Red shaft anyway, which has a much higher launch and spin profile than the S300's in your signature. My ears perked up when you said MP-59. Have a set I've been hanging on to that need some new shafts some day. Great heads though! I played some AP1's at one time and Titleist always seems to keep just enough playability with their more GI style heads. I always like that about Titleist.

You hit it on the head - AMT Red.

For the record i will never part with my mp-59s as i have never hit a club that feels so good. Realistically speaking, i would sell my left n-t to shave a few strokes so making the switch seems inevitable.

[QUOTE="JayB, post: 9429888, member: 41407"-]
You hit it on the head - AMT Red.

For the record i will never part with my mp-59s as i have never hit a club that feels so good. Realistically speaking, i would sell my left n-t to shave a few strokes so making the switch seems inevitable.

[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I was eying some AMT's a while back for another set I have (Cobra S2 Forged) with stronger lofts and slightly larger heads.
Help give them the added height to hold the greens. (y)
The ascending weight is a nice feature and the weight range is doable for me at 94-106g in the R300. Definitely on my short list if I play steel.

The stars, the moon, and my Titleist T200s aligned today. I've been working on swing tempo and the results made it to the scorecard, mostly because of my irons and putter. Shot 35 on the front for my first subpar 9 at my home course (6,520 yards, 72.2 / 143). I got tight on 14, 15 and 16 but finished strong. 35/41 - 76. Beat my previous best of 77 from about 6 weeks ago.

I've mentioned this earlier in the thread but I've cut my index in half since putting these irons in the bag. Hmmm.

New set of T200s arrive tomorrow. Went back to steel shafts on this set. Got the AMT black S300 In 4-PW. I tested out the reg and stiff shaft at my last lesson on the track man. My dispersion with the steel shaft was so much better Along with the distance. I had a 7 iron In the bag for my last few rounds and each time I used it the results were fantastic. I really like the size of the head on the T200.

I see a range session in my future this afternoon!
T200.jpgT2001.jpgT2002.jpgT2003.jpg

Got a quick 9 in on wed evening with the new irons. Didn't even make the range just went and played with some friends who were making the turn. It is a shorter course so i only really used them on the par 3 shots. Out of 4 par 3s i was long on one and on all f the others! The distance is longer with the T200 for sure which should help me as i was short a lot on my approach shots. The AMT shaft feels really good and i am getting a nice high ball flight with great landings that stop quick! My first full 18 is tomorrow aft!
hills149.jpghills157.jpgHills178.jpg

The T100S are on the table for the CC fitting, getting a pretty interesting lineup to try

Today I went to the range to practice with my wedges. I went into the pro shop to ask about Shotscope V3 and the pro was on the phone. There was a bag of demo 7 irons and I saw the T100 and pulled it out and checked it out.
Wow.
Sexiest top line in a non blade?
I couldn't believe that a cavity back club could look this good down by the ball.
I asked him if I could take it to the range so I took it alongside my 710MB. I've had the same irons for more than 10 years, it's hard to believe and I've never really considered changing them until this year. I was pretty keen on changing them out for some more blades but this was there so no harm hitting some balls with it.
I warmed up with my 710MB and then shifted over to the T100.
Extremely similar feel and appearance down at the ball which I was shocked at.
I then realised that the T100 looks more blade like than my MB! It has a thinner top line and looks to be the same face size. The sole is wider though.
I switched back to the MB and I was hitting into the wind so I started stepping onto it a little to hit low strong draws.
Switched back to the T100 and used the same swing and was shocked. It was going dead straight. My super reliable strong draw extra length swing was creating straight powerful shots with this club. It just didn't make sense to me, it still doesn't really.
I rarely struggle with hitting the centre of the club and getting distance loss but this club made me realise about directional forgiveness.
I feel like these irons could quite literally be point and shoot in a sexy package.
I'm not quite in yet, I'd like to wait a little for the upcoming mizuno and taylormade releases as well as maybe try out the Ben Hogan's but wow these have set the standard. Quite frankly I'm shocked as I just didn't expect such forgiveness. The look at address I don't think will be beaten, other manufacturers blades dont have top lines that thin let alone cavity backs.
86dfa7d97e9663e90428a9d740ddc387.jpg
e1b3245cea0b4b1487a2155456d7a1be.jpg
55d9fa6400029bb5f18a4feba508d086.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

The Titleist reps told us at the event last fall that the T100's are more forgiving than the 2013 AP1's. That is how far the technology has come and how small of a package they can get it into.

First full round of 18 with the T200's this aft. Lots a great iron shots this aft and really like the feel i am getting. No big roll outs on the greens at all. Cant wait to get back out with them.
sew84.jpg

I have been eyeing the new Titleist line for a while and was fit for the T200's. I have 3 rounds under my belt now and could not be happier. I was using Taylor Made RBZ's for the past 7 years with good results, but my dispersion with the T200's is tighter. I even came close to a personal best with 4 birdies in a round thanks to the PW and 9 in the new set. I love those clubs and am very happy with the switch.

For anyone that has the T300s, how do you feel about the sound on impact?

I did an iron fitting yesterday and hit these after the Mavrik and the G410 and the sound of the Titleist was...interesting.

It’s still in the running because I hit it well, but I didn’t commit yet because I’m going back next week to hit the 921 Hot Metals after they get the heads in.

But was just curious what others thought of the sound on them.

So after 9 months of T100 ownership, yesterday I bit the bullet and ordered a new blended set (My signature is set up in anticipation of delivery!).
I love the T100 but the loss of distance, from the stamped number on the bottom compared to my previous 718 AP3s was really starting to mess with my head.
With the U510 at 22* already in the bag, I wanted to continue with the forgiveness at the top end, I hit the T100 5 iron & 6 iron OK, but not great hence the blended approach.

So as per my signature i‘ve gone for..........

T200 5 iron (bent 1* weak) 25*
T200 6 iron (bent 1* weak) 28*
T100-S 7 iron (standard) 32* (then standard T100-S, 8-GW lofts with 4* increments)

With the added bonus a smidge of offset comes off the T200s.
Update: My profile signature is finally real, ordered the T100-S / T200 combo on 11 July, arrived 2 September. Can’t wait to hit them tomorrow. D08DCD9A-364C-48BF-B3CD-9DF791751267.jpeg

So after about a dozen rounds with the T200s, despite the shafts being too short I am finally coming around with these clubs. I have come within one stroke of my personal best, and was within two yesterday on a completely different course. I don't really know how to describe it, other than "sneaky". I don't feel like I'm hitting awesome shots, but they seem to be getting the job done. I'm actually more excited to get the steel shafts into them than I was during the six weeks I waited for them after my fitting... They definitely give you that "playa" feel when you put them in the bag - they are beautiful clubs.

Does anyone know the offset specs for the T300 irons. I have looked on Titleist's website and did not see it there unless I just missed it.

Thanks

Back