Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

Hmmmm... new left knee....or some of those all black T100's? :ROFLMAO:

Interestingly, I just had my first round with my black T100S, and my in-need-of-serious-work left knee is bugging the heck out of me.

Irons all the way still.

The T100s are sick. At the end of the last couple of lessons, I’ve hit my instructor’s T100S that he just got and they’re not even fit for me and they were awesome. The choice seems clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I will say, it has taken me time to feel like I love my T100S irons, but I’d say I’m there. I always seem to nitpick something but these look as good and perform as well as anything I’ve played before. Shot 72 with them today on a pretty tough track (not my usual home course).
8DCBF189-268F-4C8E-A806-1472AC717E6B.jpeg

Played the T100S for the first time this morning. A long way from any true opinions, but have some initial thoughts I want to get down before I forget.

The black is just a thing a beauty over the ball.

They honestly don't seem much smaller than the Apex Pros I've been playing lately until you get into the longest irons.

I momentarily forgot I was back in AR and on the fairway fluff, got deep in one and caught it high on the face. This iron will give you nothing imo on that. Less forgiving than my blades there based on that one strike.

Caught 1 just a little on the toe (4i) and felt and saw what seemed to be a pretty noticeable gear effect on flight, and distance was quite surprisingly not that affected. 2 yards short of the one I flushed right after and about that same distance off center line. As much as it seems like they murder you on a high strike, that was definitely more forgiving than my blades or standard CB's.

I played 15-18 a second time (hence the back to back 4i's) because it was slow and I wanted to make certain that the gcquad gapping session I did was in fact worthless. Played a few balls while I did to compare feels and distances. Which brings me to my next observation. - I did not like the feel of TP5X with these. They aren't the softest or quietest irons, but something about that combo crossed the sound/feel line for me. Didn't have any V1x with me, but now I'm really curious to see how I like that with them. My regular tp5 felt good though. Oddly, so did Tour B X, which isn't my fave in that regard.

The project X LZ on them are going to take some getting used to. I was playing my latest apex build a little longer than I planned and they are pretty different than that setup was. Played with the timing some, and then tried to put a real deal swing on one. That big draw moved. I flew the green, and crossed the road, and went back to zero hinge 'get a feel for them' swings after that. Lol I'm committed to sticking with them for a bit before making any changes. My favorites are only a build day away if I need them.

Real strong flight and good feel on them though. Need some time on the shafts, and some on course gapping. Have a massive gap between 7-8i, and the 44 and 48 need to go a little weaker.

Awesome first run though! Missed that one green I think. Only other one on the card was a punch out.

Was able to see the T100 irons in all black today... just mean looking
Played the T100S for the first time this morning. A long way from any true opinions, but have some initial thoughts I want to get down before I forget.

The black is just a thing a beauty over the ball.

They honestly don't seem much smaller than the Apex Pros I've been playing lately until you get into the longest irons.

I momentarily forgot I was back in AR and on the fairway fluff, got deep in one and caught it high on the face. This iron will give you nothing imo on that. Less forgiving than my blades there based on that one strike.

Caught 1 just a little on the toe (4i) and felt and saw what seemed to be a pretty noticeable gear effect on flight, and distance was quite surprisingly not that affected. 2 yards short of the one I flushed right after and about that same distance off center line. As much as it seems like they murder you on a high strike, that was definitely more forgiving than my blades or standard CB's.

I played 15-18 a second time (hence the back to back 4i's) because it was slow and I wanted to make certain that the gcquad gapping session I did was in fact worthless. Played a few balls while I did to compare feels and distances. Which brings me to my next observation. - I did not like the feel of TP5X with these. They aren't the softest or quietest irons, but something about that combo crossed the sound/feel line for me. Didn't have any V1x with me, but now I'm really curious to see how I like that with them. My regular tp5 felt good though. Oddly, so did Tour B X, which isn't my fave in that regard.

The project X LZ on them are going to take some getting used to. I was playing my latest apex build a little longer than I planned and they are pretty different than that setup was. Played with the timing some, and then tried to put a real deal swing on one. That big draw moved. I flew the green, and crossed the road, and went back to zero hinge 'get a feel for them' swings after that. Lol I'm committed to sticking with them for a bit before making any changes. My favorites are only a build day away if I need them.

Real strong flight and good feel on them though. Need some time on the shafts, and some on course gapping. Have a massive gap between 7-8i, and the 44 and 48 need to go a little weaker.

Awesome first run though! Missed that one green I think. Only other one on the card was a punch out.

The toe shots with these are pretty impressive. I’ve hit some that likely hit some of the grooveless toe, sure I was gonna come up like 10 yards short and found myself in a good position. They are deceptively forgiving on certain misses.
I would also agree that missing high on the face is no bueno.
Also agree that some miss hits with certain golf balls can produce an odd sound. Happened to me today with the RXS ball. With my typical ProV1, didnt notice it at all really.

Was able to see the T100 irons in all black today... just mean looking

The toe shots with these are pretty impressive. I’ve hit some that likely hit some of the grooveless toe, sure I was gonna come up like 10 yards short and found myself in a good position. They are deceptively forgiving on certain misses.
I would also agree that missing high on the face is no bueno.
Also agree that some miss hits with certain golf balls can produce an odd sound. Happened to me today with the RXS ball. With my typical ProV1, didnt notice it at all really.
Awesome. Nice to know I'm not completely crazy! :LOL::LOL:.
Once I set myself on a club or ball to try I immediately stop ready the threads about them here until I actually experience them myself. So I really had no idea if those quick observations would be even remotely like anyone else's. I'm exited to dive deeper now out there and on here.

I think my prov1's should be fine, but I'm going to try an x tomorrow a bit because that could be a little interesting. You can really hear the tech in those irons out in the open air.

The T100s are sick. At the end of the last couple of lessons, I’ve hit my instructor’s T100S that he just got and they’re not even fit for me and they were awesome. The choice seems clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They look spectacular. One set that has caught my eye. But its all fantasy. I have no use for such things. Play well gang.

I have 9-birdie type thoughts about the T100S today after our second date. They are indeed a little bit okay. I recommend. (y)

Big fan of the sole and turf interaction after a wide variety of lies today. Still fighting some gapping issues, but timed the shafts and had a better feel for them overall. Feel like they're going to be a real weapon with a couple shots I like, but haven't done much lately.

They are not quiet or buttery, but they're good.

I have 9-birdie type thoughts about the T100S today after our second date. They are indeed a little bit okay. I recommend. (y)

Big fan of the sole and turf interaction after a wide variety of lies today. Still fighting some gapping issues, but timed the shafts and had a better feel for them overall. Feel like they're going to be a real weapon with a couple shots I like, but haven't done much lately.
Yes "weapon" is a great way to describe them. Solid, accurate, and sick looking.

Yes "weapon" is a great way to describe them. Solid, accurate, and sick looking.
I've very surprised so far how well I can press the handle, flight them down, and still maintain spin with this setup. There's some serious potential there.

My buddy placed an T100S order today. Dang it!...I mean awesome!!! He went 5-GW and put the U500 in the 4 iron slot. He gained 7 mph of ball speed and 7 yards of carry (178 vs 171) with the 7 iron over AP2s. He gained 8 yards of carry with the U500 vs AP2 4 iron (219 vs 211). It's an arms race and he's clearly putting pressure on the opponent (me). :)

My buddy placed an T100S order today. Dang it!...I mean awesome!!! He went 5-GW and put the U500 in the 4 iron slot. He gained 7 mph of ball speed and 7 yards of carry (178 vs 171) with the 7 iron over AP2s. He gained 8 yards of carry with the U500 vs AP2 4 iron (219 vs 211). It's an arms race and he's clearly putting pressure on the opponent (me). :)
You can still win.

Expedited shipping. GO

You can still win.

Expedited shipping. GO
I'm rolling with T200 irons and they influenced his "need" to upgrade. He noticed a significant change in my game from last year to this year. What's the primary difference? New irons last Fall. :) That's true but I'm also working hard on my swing.

The Titleist rep was going to do a wedge fitting for me at the same time but work got in the way. Potential openings in my bag include wedges, hybrid and fairway.

I'm rolling with T200 irons and they influenced his "need" to upgrade. He noticed a significant change in my game from last year to this year. What's the primary difference? New irons last Fall. :) That's true but I'm also working hard on my swing.

The Titleist rep was going to do a wedge fitting for me at the same time but work got in the way. Potential openings in my bag include wedges, hybrid and fairway.
Oh, right on. So you're the trendsetter then?? He'll always be one step behind! :p

Yeah, I see the Rogues and Bridgestones in your sig. Definitely a lot of good options out to replace them.

That sounds like a phenomenal set!

Still loving mine, pondering a black set!

Immediately thought of you when I read this thread @Vortex . I thought about it last night, that with playing the t200 a good cavity wedge might work well, despite you playing the bridgestone xw prior. I really like the Ping Glide 3.0s, and that link is for @JB 's article on the Callaways. They look a little shinier, and might visually match your irons well. Do yourself a favor and don't dismiss them out of hand. (y)

Reading ... I need to go hit the T100 and T100S. We have a full on Titleist rep here, and I just need to make an appointment. Pat is my level of golf enthusiasm and geeky, so when I see him it is intensity level 100. :cool: He will have the best shaft selection in the valley. I could just do a formal fitting with him. Hmm. My worry is that I'll end up ordering something when I should probably test a few more before I pull out the wallet. I get excited like that. :p

Just wanted to give a shoutout to Titleist on the the build of the T100S I got. I forgot to mention it the other day. Loft and lies when I went to bend them were as close as I've seen and they were all within .2 on swing weight. Pretty, pretty. good. (y)

I fear the T100s not to be forgiving enough for me (5.7 HC) and T200 would be more my speed but wonder how much you give up in feel moving to the T200 from the forged T100s?

Also, anyone try the tensi blue iron shafts that are listed as the graphite option on Titleist website? Never seen those.

i think a T200 7i is in order...

I fear the T100s not to be forgiving enough for me (5.7 HC) and T200 would be more my speed but wonder how much you give up in feel moving to the T200 from the forged T100s?
I tested T100 and T200 irons last Fall. During the fitting, I hit T100 significantly better than T200. It was strange deal. Hit a great shot with my previous gamer (Apex CF16), hit a great shot with T100, and then hit a weak shot with the T200. In the end, I went with T200 because the swing issue was a temporary mental block and I could fix it. This assumption was correct. I also wanted extra forgiveness and longer yardage. I'm very happy with the T200 irons and will play them for the foreseeable future.

T100S irons are VERY intriguing. They weren't an option during my fitting.

As a low index player (5.7), you'd likely hit either model with ease. T100 head is definitely more compact.

Last edited:
I just ordered 5-GW T-100S with Nippon Modus 130S. I’m going to keep my p790 4i in the bag because it is a missile launcher. I was quoted 2-3 weeks for delivery, so we will see if that actually holds up. I had an order in for P770, but I canceled and went T100S instead. Ordered the 770 on the second business day of the preorder, was quoted 9/4 for delivery, but I’m already pushed out until Mid October. It wouldn’t shock me if it would have been bumped again into November. In addition to that, I ordered the 770 1.5* strong and after thinking about it, that would have added too much offset to my liking. I also feel like Tileist is going to get my desired specs correct. I just don’t have that feel with TM, especially with how they are scrambling during this P series launch.

Back