Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

Yes they have an undercut for sure. I

Yup. But to be honest the 7i to 8i transition is pretty seamless as far as I can tell.

Yup. But to be honest the 7i to 8i transition is pretty seamless as far as I can tell.

Just a tiny difference in feel for my over-sensitive fingers.....lol

I'm more than pleased with fit n finish of the T200 and dying to play......we've had rain in sunny south Florida for the past month.....ugh.....but I'll get out and put them through the paces!

Yes it is. I think they all have the undercut, but they don't all have the button..

Read the thread through......

T200 players ,can you provide us with the following ; age, 7i yardage, previous irons and hdcp please?

T200 players ,can you provide us with the following ; age, 7i yardage, previous irons and hdcp please?
Mid 5s for index and was ~11 when I started playing T200s just over 1 year ago. 7I is my 165-170 club. Previous irons were Apex CF16s.

45 yo
7i - 170 yards
Previous irons: Apex Pro 14's
Index: ~7

Data from trackmans session last january. I am sure the numbers have changed to some extent but this is the last data i have on the 7i.
1603684540371.png

Last edited:
Added AMT Red to my 4 and 5 iron...... much easier to launch at my speedView attachment 8971242

Literally went from extreme low liners that were worm killers to the same trajectory as my Z585 with recoil 82g but flatter and 10-12yds further on the range...... distance was a nice bonus but the ease of launch and trajectory are the main reason for my excitement.....
I'm playing my 1st round tomorrow and I expect to get the 6/7 irons reshafted with AMT red too.....

Literally went from extreme low liners that were worm killers to the same trajectory as my Z585 with recoil 82g but flatter and 10-12yds further on the range...... distance was a nice bonus but the ease of launch and trajectory are the main reason for my excitement.....
I'm playing my 1st round tomorrow and I expect to get the 6/7 irons reshafted with AMT red too.....

1st round was a mixed bag but I certainly saw enough to know wholeheartedly that these will be my irons for a while.....AMT red in 6/7 irons ; keeping black in 8-Gw but with caveat of getting those extended 1/2" .....overall look, feel and playability are on point and I'm excited for the near future!

Quick story......after my round I swung into subway for a bite......my choice,don't hate

Guy walking in with me looked like a golfer and we started conversing .......we compared age (I'm 55, he's 58) talked about lessons and hdcp.....he's taking lessons from Martin Hall at Ibis trending down to a 3.3 from a 10! Then I mentioned getting new clubs and trying to dial in.....I asked what he plays...... ANOTHER T200 playa! Woot woot😍😍😍

Even with these being brand new, I needed them setup for me ......obviously

This entailed 1/2" over and changing amt black to red in the longer irons (4-7)

Took a handful of swings with the T200 pw and 8i ......let's just say WHEN I get back on the course it will come down to putting for score! Lol

In all seriousness, in the short time of owning, these are sliding into a slot of greatest irons I've ever owned..... 962 , Nike vr pro combo, mp59
Remember I'm a lefty so didn't get a chance to hit some of the classics......oh Adams XTD FORGED too......won't get to play until Tuesday it looks like ......counting the hours

Even with these being brand new, I needed them setup for me ......obviously

This entailed 1/2" over and changing amt black to red in the longer irons (4-7)

Took a handful of swings with the T200 pw and 8i ......let's just say WHEN I get back on the course it will come down to putting for score! Lol

In all seriousness, in the short time of owning, these are sliding into a slot of greatest irons I've ever owned..... 962 , Nike vr pro combo, mp59
Remember I'm a lefty so didn't get a chance to hit some of the classics......oh Adams XTD FORGED too......won't get to play until Tuesday it looks like ......counting the hours
Shaft change from AMT Black to Red for the long irons is interesting. My home course is closed for the winter otherwise I'd ask the pro to make one (4i w/ red) from their fitting cart. I'd also test a 22* U510 at the same time. FWIW, I added 1/2" to all of my clubs.

The adjustment I keep thinking about is lie angle. My swing is on the sweeper side but with consistent shallow divots. Toe needs to come up a bit.

If you have a moment, then it would be great to hear your comparison thoughts/photos to the Srixon irons.

Shaft change from AMT Black to Red for the long irons is interesting. My home course is closed for the winter otherwise I'd ask the pro to make one (4i w/ red) from their fitting cart. I'd also test a 22* U510 at the same time. FWIW, I added 1/2" to all of my clubs.

The adjustment I keep thinking about is lie angle. My swing is on the sweeper side but with consistent shallow divots. Toe needs to come up a bit.

If you have a moment, then it would be great to hear your comparison thoughts/photos to the Srixon irons.

Will do .....probably pics will get in tomorrow but I have thoughts ........

I think the T200's might be the underrated iron of the year. They are so good in the bag. Maybe when you go to the store and hit off a mat they may not be the longest or whatever, but on the course playing golf they are just fantastic clubs. If you know your number they give it to you on a bug portion of the face and have absolute velcro stopping power on even firm Bermuda greens of the South. If you're in the Middle of the country playing on bent grass greens you get plenty of practice fixing giant crater pitch marks LOL! Truly players forgiving irons which is a tough spot to nail.

Has anyone been able to locate bounce angle numbers? Just curious
What are you looking for? The T200's turf interaction is stellar. They even have a rounded bottom to maintain that interaction with any loft adjustments. I doubt many would have any issue with how these play off the ground.

What are you looking for? The T200's turf interaction is stellar. They even have a rounded bottom to maintain that interaction with any loft adjustments. I doubt many would have any issue with how these play off the ground.

I've seen the turf interaction, again my curiosity sometimes gets the best of me......got rid of pxg because of too much bounce.....my Srixon combo with v-sole tech are the torchbearers for me personally.......

Yes , I can over think at times ......just seeing "hard" numbers for comparison sake that's all

Screenshot_20201031-150646_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20201031-150556_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20201031-150507_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20201031-150426_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20201031-150328_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20201031-150227_Gallery.jpg

Not greatest pictures but here goes.......

The Srixon combo irons (Z585 4-6 Z785 7-pw) have been just an enjoyable set of irons providing me with over a year of satisfaction.......as I played less, the sound/feel component grew more and more noticeable.....also , unsure about this one, but I grew into 2 different swings with 585 vs 785.

Performance wise , the 585 provides solid , repetitive results.......just not the feel.....kinda p790 click.....great flight , turf interaction the works.

T200s were NEVER on my radar ......especially when they were released, I wasn't in need of irons and certainly didn't like the AP3 which again was clicky.

So on my quest to resolve the feel throughout the bag , I targeted the P770 .....cost looked high and figured that pxg through the heroes program makes as much sense. Order placed but instantly after arrival and testing I knew a mistake had been made.....shafts were wrong, hosel is parallel, turf interaction sporadically horrible.

In my research, the T200 got a tiny looksie.....hmmmmm size not as bad as I thought or heard
In stores pricing was 1400 +tx for T200 4-gw
On ebay , a lefty set for 945 shipped new!

Clubs arrive , serial number confirmed.......strong lofts makes it hard to get 4/5 irons in air.....
No worries! Club guy has amt red available in taper tipped......night and day difference immediately......change 6/7 irons also plus extend the whole set 1/2"

Now I truly haven't gotten a round in with everything completed but already an improvement on sound/feel THROUGH the bag
Turf interaction has been a non-issue actually a pleasure!

The Z785 cannot be touched from a feel standpoint and part of me wishes I'd love to find a 4/5/6 iron in that head......but without regret, I'm going to enjoy the amt black/red shafts in T200 4-gw

This really doesn't answer your question completely but solving the feel/sound in a great looking, high performing club has me satisfied!

Adding : the topline is a bit thinner on T200 but the soles are wider in the short irons......but less width in the longer irons (Z585 4-6 wider)

@LDUBFIREGOLFER - great summary! Thanks for sharing your comments and photos.

Glad I could help in anyway.......Tuesday and Wednesday I should get rounds in to see the fruits of labor! ;)

Very, very short prose today.

Wifey and I played an executive course today.....cheap fees and the course reflected it:confused:

But my mind was strictly on T200s now that setup has been completed......refresh: got T200 4-gw with amt black r300......switched long irons (4-7) into amt red r300 also extending them 1/2" ; also extended short irons the same.....swingweight D2-ish throughout......I tried a pxg combo for a round quickly realizing that they weren't for me due to turf interaction primarily.

So even with the shorter course , I could still see possibilities and drawbacks to T200s.....

CONS: ******CRICKETS *******

Pros: solid feel through the bag
Great looking in the bag
Pleasant looking at address
Turf interaction isn't a concern AT ALL

The round was played under adverse conditions; winds steady at 20mph gusting upwards to 30mph......not the easiest atmosphere to try this new higher launching set!

1st hole: 140yd par 3 downwind......no warmup, unsure what to use....pull 9i and hitting a different ball to boot.....high and straight at 10ft making the putt20201103_104737.jpg

2nd hole is a par 5 that was into and across.....had 7i from thick st.augustine rough from 140......didn't come out well but got to greenside......

3rd hole: 140yd par 3 smack into a 2-3 club wind.....again learning yardages and I hit solid 7i that ended up 20ft short

4th hole was 130 yd par 3 and hit 7i into a 2-3 club wind

5th hole was another par 5 but down and across.
Hit a nice drive but pulled 4i to the right.....not well struck but serviceable. Didn't get up n down

6th hole .....120yd into and across.
Hit prov1x into front bunker, pulled a Srixon XV out for giggles and got it about 25ft past the hole....

So now , I'm curious to see these two balls go head to head.

7th hole was 138 but downwind and now I'm thinking full bore pw.....just creeps on the front with prov1x but I missed the XV due to very poor setup

8th hole is a 155 yd par 3 across and a smidge down.....XV up first and with an 8i it flies high and true ....next up the prov1x is on the same line.....drive up to find V1x at 12ft and the XV long!

9th hole was a 400yd par 4 swirling winds.....mostly across but evidently back into .......hit 2 decent drives but XV was 8 yds further.....moved both balls to that location having 138 and hurting.....tried to flight a 7i and couldn't see where the XV ended up .with v1x I took a normal swing and saw it get just passed the pin.....drove up to find XV pin high 20ft

10th hole is the last of the par 5s......470 on card but don't think it's really that long.....hitting both again, I pulled the v1x and striped the XV ....had 165 to the pin as the crow flies ....the hole is a dogleg right with trees guarding the right. No hesitation on my part and I pull a 7i med high launch and the XV ends up 30ft past hole for an eagle look.

The rest of the round went more or less with some good swings and some mediocre swings.....tried pressing a few irons into the wind but I'm certainly seeing that this new high launch strategy has its drawbacks......I still prefer the option to a have better decent angle and just overall a much better flight I feel.

Playing again tomorrow on a my home track and ill really have a better idea of gains but I'm fully on board with team T200!
@DataDude @Tevenor @Vortex @Doubleb21 @AnthonyC

Back