Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

Hitting the course tomorrow and again on Sat and Sunday. Three more rounds to come on the T200's. :)

Been playing a lot lately, usually this time of year I start the iron ponder but still super happy with my t100s. Only thing I might do is check specs and maybe some new ferrules for a different look. These are hands down the most consistent iron I have ever played. Inspires a lot of confidence to know what my ball is going to do before I hit it (knowing my misses and yardages of those misses). Plus really forgiving for their size!

Very, very short prose today.

Wifey and I played an executive course today.....cheap fees and the course reflected it:confused:

But my mind was strictly on T200s now that setup has been completed......refresh: got T200 4-gw with amt black r300......switched long irons (4-7) into amt red r300 also extending them 1/2" ; also extended short irons the same.....swingweight D2-ish throughout......I tried a pxg combo for a round quickly realizing that they weren't for me due to turf interaction primarily.

So even with the shorter course , I could still see possibilities and drawbacks to T200s.....

CONS: ******CRICKETS *******

Pros: solid feel through the bag
Great looking in the bag
Pleasant looking at address
Turf interaction isn't a concern AT ALL

The round was played under adverse conditions; winds steady at 20mph gusting upwards to 30mph......not the easiest atmosphere to try this new higher launching set!

1st hole: 140yd par 3 downwind......no warmup, unsure what to use....pull 9i and hitting a different ball to boot.....high and straight at 10ft making the puttView attachment 8972484

2nd hole is a par 5 that was into and across.....had 7i from thick st.augustine rough from 140......didn't come out well but got to greenside......

3rd hole: 140yd par 3 smack into a 2-3 club wind.....again learning yardages and I hit solid 7i that ended up 20ft short

4th hole was 130 yd par 3 and hit 7i into a 2-3 club wind

5th hole was another par 5 but down and across.
Hit a nice drive but pulled 4i to the right.....not well struck but serviceable. Didn't get up n down

6th hole .....120yd into and across.
Hit prov1x into front bunker, pulled a Srixon XV out for giggles and got it about 25ft past the hole....

So now , I'm curious to see these two balls go head to head.

7th hole was 138 but downwind and now I'm thinking full bore pw.....just creeps on the front with prov1x but I missed the XV due to very poor setup

8th hole is a 155 yd par 3 across and a smidge down.....XV up first and with an 8i it flies high and true ....next up the prov1x is on the same line.....drive up to find V1x at 12ft and the XV long!

9th hole was a 400yd par 4 swirling winds.....mostly across but evidently back into .......hit 2 decent drives but XV was 8 yds further.....moved both balls to that location having 138 and hurting.....tried to flight a 7i and couldn't see where the XV ended up .with v1x I took a normal swing and saw it get just passed the pin.....drove up to find XV pin high 20ft

10th hole is the last of the par 5s......470 on card but don't think it's really that long.....hitting both again, I pulled the v1x and striped the XV ....had 165 to the pin as the crow flies ....the hole is a dogleg right with trees guarding the right. No hesitation on my part and I pull a 7i med high launch and the XV ends up 30ft past hole for an eagle look.

The rest of the round went more or less with some good swings and some mediocre swings.....tried pressing a few irons into the wind but I'm certainly seeing that this new high launch strategy has its drawbacks......I still prefer the option to a have better decent angle and just overall a much better flight I feel.

Playing again tomorrow on a my home track and ill really have a better idea of gains but I'm fully on board with team T200!
@DataDude @Tevenor @Vortex @Doubleb21 @AnthonyC

Small update.....played same track and very similar results EXCEPT I played 2019 prov1x vs 2017......huge difference in distance and feel .....same wind conditions.....the 19 ball felt easier to compress......loving the T200's!

Played today. T200's performing as expected. Shot 80 with 2 birdies. Great launch height and descent angle. Hit just past pin high on a 145 yard par 4 with a 9i and one hopped spun back 3 feet. Similar with 7i from 168 yards. One hopped and ended up 1 ft from the divot. So much confidence hitting high soft pancakes into greens. As long as I get them launched on target that is. 😁

Played today. T200's performing as expected. Shot 80 with 2 birdies. Great launch height and descent angle. Hit just past pin high on a 145 yard par 4 with a 9i and one hopped spun back 3 feet. Similar with 7i from 168 yards. One hopped and ended up 1 ft from the divot. So much confidence hitting high soft pancakes into greens. As long as I get them launched on target that is. 😁

How was your round today?

How was your round today?

Shot another 80. 6700 yards from the blues. 3 birdies. 2 came from great iron shots. First was 8i from 158 yards that spun back 3 ft and left me a 10 footer. Second was 4i on par 5 from 208. Stuck it to with 15 feet. Left eagle put 3in short. Tap in birdie.

These things flat out perform. They have been great irons.

Shot another 80. 6700 yards from the blues. 3 birdies. 2 came from great iron shots. First was 8i from 158 yards that spun back 3 ft and left me a 10 footer. Second was 4i on par 5 from 208. Stuck it to with 15 feet. Left eagle put 3in short. Tap in birdie.

These things flat out perform. They have been great irons.

You're in Florida right?

Oh ,ok......yeah friend in Canada played today with 70* temps......can I ask what ball you're currently using?

Bridgestone Tour BX and BXS. Switch back and forth.

Ok T series guys.......I know you're out there.....share some more of your glory with these irons!

Last edited:
still loving the T100, these irons will be hard to replace in my bag. They just flat out work.

In love with my T100S. I’m sure part of it is I really, really like the shafts I have them. The T100 are plenty forgiving, imo. I’m looking to pick up a T200 4i to pair up with the T100s, though.

In love with my T100S. I’m sure part of it is I really, really like the shafts I have them. The T100 are plenty forgiving, imo. I’m looking to pick up a T200 4i to pair up with the T100s, though.
What shaft are you using? Why are T100s and that shaft a good pairing? Thanks.

What shaft are you using? Why are T100s and that shaft a good pairing? Thanks.
Modus 130S. They are just a shaft that fits my swing and they give me the feel I want- Stiff handle, very stiff midsection, and a soft tip section. Essentially the opposite of the Modus 120- I was all over the lot with those. It’s generally not a profile that is liked by many, but in my irons I like the stiff handle-Mid. It allows me to swing as hard as I want and still end up with a straight flight. Anybody who likes KBS Tour V shafts would like these. Virtually the same profile, but better feel. They are stiff though. The Modus 130X are very stiff. I’ve got the 130S soft stepped in my irons.

Take it easy on this old guy but I actually went to the range.........hehe......hitting T200 4-gw and other clubs(driver, 3wd etc) I found myself reminiscing about my good ballstriking days and proceeded to get into a great posture/setup . It kept me connected and the T200's just flew! The range faces east and there is a very stiff breeze right now......15-20 with gust over 25mph...... I'm giddy with excitement over my newfound setup.

T200rulz

I grabbed a demo T200 7i from our club’s fitter to socialize myself with the line before doing a full fitting. Shaft was knowingly wrong, but i asked for as near as DG S300 that is in my mp59s so i could compare the club head to club head. (Ended up hitting AMT white)

Mishits (either toe or thin) were not punished as much, pulling up about 5yrds short on a 155yrd target, whereas my MP59s might be a full club or more short depending upon severity of miss.

They felt generally very good compared to my MPs. I don’t feel like I was giving up as much feel as i expected on a well struck shot. I’ll be looking forward to a proper fitting to get a lighter, higher launching shaft in it.

Overall, the afternoon on the range switching between game and demo showed me the tech does help and is worth pursuing especially for a ball striker like me who adventures all over the face of the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad people are still finding this line. They are great irons. The T200's specifically nail the forgiveness/shotmaking sweet spot. You get plenty of forgiveness but the head shape and weighting are still good for fighting the ball too. The sole is perfect on these.

Been enjoying my T100S irons all season. Currently have Ctapers in them and just ordered a few Modus 125 shafts to test out in the 5 and 8 irons. Ctapers have been good for me, but they lack feel and I’m also looking for a bit more launch and spin.
The iron heads themselves setup great. They’ve really grown on me. They tic nearly every box all around. Not rock stars in any category, just very solid in all...IMHO.

Everytime I ponder another iron, I play a round and wonder why I would change lol. Love these irons...

I grabbed a demo T200 7i from our club’s fitter to socialize myself with the line before doing a full fitting. Shaft was knowingly wrong, but i asked for as near as DG S300 that is in my mp59s so i could compare the club head to club head. (Ended up hitting AMT white)

Mishits (either toe or thin) were not punished as much, pulling up about 5yrds short on a 155yrd target, whereas my MP59s might be a full club or more short depending upon severity of miss.

They felt generally very good compared to my MPs. I don’t feel like I was giving up as much feel as i expected on a well struck shot. I’ll be looking forward to a proper fitting to get a lighter, higher launching shaft in it.

Overall, the afternoon on the range switching between game and demo showed me the tech does help and is worth pursuing especially for a ball striker like me who adventures all over the face of the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, try both AMT BLACK AND RED! But either way you're on the right track.......

while the weathers not great I think I’m going to have the t100s freshened up with some new ferrules, grips and have the lies/Lofts checked. I think these will be my gamers again for 2021 so why not give them a tune up lol!

Everytime I ponder another iron, I play a round and wonder why I would change lol. Love these irons...

got these and some fresh zcords for the tune up.Looking forward to the fresh look!A949E3BA-B57D-4B35-B02E-78046EDB3CF5.png

Back