Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

Later today we will be at Titleist HQ talking irons with them. Of course that means talking about the THP Event still to come later this year where every participant gets a new set of these irons.

That will be so cool, because usually, people are not receiving a new release late in the year!

73583ec1fd66082a2ed1037ab69bdf7c.jpg

f44904382ebfd18fe70e7f08512265f5.jpg

Outstanding write up, James! I haven’t had Titleist irons on the radar since my first go around in golf with the DCIs. The T100 or T200s look and sound like great options!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this. Located at the geometric center, so it progressively heads towards the toe on longer irons. Max Impact and sweet spot are not the same thing. It creates more speed but balanced speed across the face of the iron
I like the sound of these bad boys!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I hit the T300 today with my preferred Modus 105 shaft. Um yeah. It’s good. Super tight dispersion. Distance seemed there too. At least as long as my g700’s I’d say.

Spent the afternoon at TPi with the Sr VP of clubs and got a full rundown of the lineup and then out on their hitting area (its awesome) to hit some product. I think the irons will do pretty well, but I think the sound is going to be pretty polarizing.

Spent the afternoon at TPi with the Sr VP of clubs and got a full rundown of the lineup and then out on their hitting area (its awesome) to hit some product. I think the irons will do pretty well, but I think the sound is going to be pretty polarizing.

Across the board on the T range? I remember complaints from the ap3 in sound and feel. Wasn’t expecting that to trickle over to the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Across the board on the T range? I remember complaints from the ap3 in sound and feel. Wasn’t expecting that to trickle over to the others.

I think the irons have a different sound across the board, but this is a very different lineup from the AP line of old. In this instance, it's different and fortunately we caught some on video with a closeup camera that we can share when our video is ready. Im not saying bad, just different.

I think the irons have a different sound across the board, but this is a very different lineup from the AP line of old. In this instance, it's different and fortunately we caught some on video with a closeup camera that we can share when our video is ready. Im not saying bad, just different.

I was really pleased with the dispersion, especially the T300.

That ball was a laser beam. Very impressive.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

AP3 were brutal for sound, so hopefully they've at least made some strides in the right direction.

AP3 were brutal for sound, so hopefully they've at least made some strides in the right direction.

Its a very different sound than AP3

Its a very different sound than AP3

I played a couple of rounds with AP3s (rentals while traveling) and loved the look of the club at address. The sound and feel were good but didn't quite match the look...if that makes sense. Very curious to learn more and will be watching the upcoming video.

I played a couple of rounds with AP3s (rentals while traveling) and loved the look of the club at address. The sound and feel were good but didn't quite match the look...if that makes sense. Very curious to learn more and will be watching the upcoming video.

I totally get where you're coming from after hitting AP3 this past year.

I totally get where you're coming from after hitting AP3 this past year.

I'm blending another recent visit with this question...did you try the new Titleist irons with steel and graphite shafts? Since you're an above average ball striker (underselling that point! :D), do you feel a difference or see a different ball flight? Just curious if an OEM addresses a customer material preference, price point, or performance request with steel and graphite options.

I'm blending another recent visit with this question...did you try the new Titleist irons with steel and graphite shafts? Since you're an above average ball striker (underselling that point! :D), do you feel a difference or see a different ball flight? Just curious if an OEM addresses a customer material preference, price point, or performance request with steel and graphite options.

We did not touch on steel vs graphite during this visit. In fact I didn't even look at the shafts while I was transitioning (total 'me' move haha).

When I hit the T300 the sound was very similar to recent irons like the G400, G410, G700, M2, Steelhead XR with that sort of higher pitched click.
Having gamed the G700s for over a year now I am very used to it, but if you are coming from an older set or AP1's etc you will definitely notice a change.

My buddy who was hitting at the range next to me, said, wow that sounded awesome, which club you hitting? T300
I had no problems with it either. But then I am not opposed to louder sounding clubs.
For example I was gaming a PXG Gen 2 driver and it was very dull sounding like the Epic driver was.
I am messing around with the Flash and I know it has been criticized for its sound but it doesn't bother me. I actually prefer a little louder sound.

Did they touch on why the Max Impact technology on the T200 only goes from the 4 - 7 irons? Not on the lower end scoring clubs?

Definite interest in the T300 and I am patiently waiting for the reviews.

Later today we will be at Titleist HQ talking irons with them. Of course that means talking about the THP Event still to come later this year where every participant gets a new set of these irons.

That is an absolute bombshell of a confirmation from last night. Amazing.

Back