Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

LSMO;n8907522 said:
Had my fitting today at a Premier Titleist fitting center. My fitting started of with a conversation with my fitter, Austin. He asked my about my current clubs and past clubs, what ball flight I prefer and what I want out of an iron. Based off that info (and after hitting a few shots on track man with my current setup) we started hitting t100 & t200 with a few different shafts including s300 amt black, lens tour stuff, kbs tour v, project lz 6.0.

Instantly did not like the project x lz or x, they both felt different to me and I just did not like them. The s300 AMT was ok, as was the the tour v.

When I hit the kbs tour shaft, I just new that was the one for me. Both heads were fantastic and I was very consistent.

The T200 had different feel to it. It’s not a bad feeling at all but just not what I was used to. Performance was good though both of the mat and grass.

The T100 I quite enjoyed the feeling of, it’s more of a dense “thud”. It also went through the grass fantastically. I was very consistent with it and dispersion was great.

I was thinking I was going to end up with the t200 as a full set. But when Austin showed me his reccomendations it was t200 4,5 2* weak and + 1/2 inch tall. Then t100 6-PW 1* strong and + 1/2 inch tall. All with KBS tour stiff and golf pride tour velvet 360 white midsized.

Swing speed with 7iron was 88 mph

Nice! There are going to be some interesting and truly custom sets in October.

I hit a small bucket with a T200 7 demo iron this afternoon. Here are my initial impressions. 1.) the top line is gorgeous!!! It's thin but not intimidating. 2.) the sound/feel exceeded expectations. The ball really jumps off the club face. 3.) my miss is a thin shot and the T200 performed well. I hit several thin ones today and this feature is huge for me. 4.) Yardage! My tech was limited to flags on the range but the T200 is long. I'm looking forward to a Titleist fitting this week and confirming the assumption with data.

Last edited:
Was hoping to see these at GG yesterday to hit, but, no dice!

Kinda bummed me out.

I've had mine for 4 rounds now. I love them, easy to hit, forgiving and picked up some distance.

I won't get my irons until about the first week of October. But I went & hit the irons again at Golfsmith. I hit the T200 again but in the AMT black. I like the sound & feel difference between my AP3's for sure.

Hit the T100 pw, 7 and 6 today. Nice looking clubs. Feel was good, not great. They setup very nicely behind the ball. Don’t see myself changing from my Apex pros for these though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother played his second round with AP3s today. I'm looking forward to some friendly club comparisons with T200 later this Fall.

Last edited:
I can't get the T200's out of my head. These are going to be so much fun to test. The scoring clubs were so gorgeous and forgiving. Going to be a fun year in 2020.

I can't get the T200's out of my head. These are going to be so much fun to test. The scoring clubs were so gorgeous and forgiving. Going to be a fun year in 2020.

I agree the whole line looks fantastic!

Club fitting over lunch tomorrow!!! The fitter helped me with my current irons and I really liked his input. Curious to hear his recommendation on long irons vs hybrids vs utilities. Titleist has great options in each category. I've been using two hybrids but would like to change to one. I like hitting my 5 iron so maybe it's time to put a 4 iron in play. Another thought is going with a T300 4 iron.

Club fitting over lunch tomorrow!!! The fitter helped me with my current irons and I really liked his input. Curious to hear his recommendation on long irons vs hybrids vs utilities. Titleist has great options in each category. I've been using two hybrids but would like to change to one. I like hitting my 5 iron so maybe it's time to put a 4 iron in play. Another thought is going with a T300 4 iron.

I went 4 & 5 iron in the T300, 6-GW T200 :cool:

I visited 2nd Swing this afternoon for a Tour Van iron fitting (http://fitting.2ndswing.info). 2nd Swing has stores in AZ, DE, and MN. They previously helped me with a driver and iron fitting and I think their service lives up to "Tour Van" moniker. Returning to the same fitter has lots of advantages because you're able to review baseline information from prior visits. In my case, we quickly established a preferred shaft weight of 110 to 120 grams, stiff flex, +1/2", and a 62* lie angle for the 7 iron.

After warming up, Mike (the fitter), had me hit 5 shots with my gamer (Apex CF16) and I found the sweet spot each time. The Trackman reported; 80 mph club speed, ball speed 112 +/-1 mph, total yardage of 177 +/- 2 yards, launch around 18.6*, descent angle of 43*, and ~4.5k spin. I don't remember carry yardage. Too bad I'm not that consistent on the course! Mike said those numbers are tough to beat but areas for optimization include spin and descent angle.

We started with T200 head and AMT Black shaft. I struggled to hit the club but had success with it on the range so it was a mental issue. Thankfully, Mike knows my swing so he wasn't too concerned. We tested T100, T200 and T300 heads. The T100s are incredible! If I based the decision solely on today's swings, then T100 wins hands down. I've been struggling with elbow tendonitis this year so we talked about that quite a bit when selecting shafts. We honed in on the T200 head with either the Recoil 110 F4 or Steelfiber i110. Both shafts performed well. I have a Recoil in my hybrid and a UST shaft in my driver so Recoil won this battle.

We also talked about mixing the set with a T300 4 iron. Mike recommended keeping the same irons throughout the set. If I wanted to try something different for the 4 iron spot, then he suggested either a hybrid or utility. I like hitting my current 5 iron so I'm going with a 4 iron.

2nd Swing has two bays that back up to one another. The guy behind me was hitting...strike that...crushing a driver. His carry was over 300 yards. His swing looked pretty pure and the contact was deafening. Another thought, the fitters changed Trackman settings to 5,000 of elevation and a 20 mph tailwind! :)

Here are a couple pictures of the fitting area.6ABB5CF0-84AF-440D-9CE4-07F1CD7680D4.jpeg

5F33C56D-8F64-4B12-AAC6-900EC5721E6A.jpeg

Last edited:
I hit a small bucket of balls today with the T200 8i and 48* wedge. I don’t think the AMT white shafts in S300 is the greatest shaft option for me but they felt SOOOO good. I will definitely explore these more.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock .... would they hurry up & build my set already. I'm getting antsy to get them on the course :ROFLMAO:

Antsy would be an understatement for me and the Ultimate Weekend.

The head pro and I were chatting yesterday and he casually mentioned receiving a couple of boxes earlier in the day. He opened up demo sets of T200 and T300. He also said I could use them on the course, range or both. (y) An extended range session, with both 4 irons, will be my first head to head experiment.

Great thread. I really dig the look of tech-y irons, so the T300 and T200 really catch my eye. I didn't see these this weekend, but I'll be on the hunt.

Every time I go out I keep thinking "I wonder what this shot will be like with my new sticks???" :unsure:

Every time I go out I keep thinking "I wonder what this shot will be like with my new sticks???" :unsure:
I did that today actually. A par 3 called for my current 7-iron, I said "you know, with my new set I'm sure it will be a 9-iron."

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Played Callaway for the last 5 years. These are my first set of Titleist irons. Just tested them on the launch monitor. Gapping is good, except the PW. May need to soften it's loft (or maybe just adrenaline).

T200 6‐PW w/Modus3 Tour 105.
Still waiting on the T300 5i.
All 1/2" shorter (1* flat)
I love the way they look, feel, and sound. Best of all... I am longer, straighter, and have much better dispersion. Also tried Callaway Apex and Mizuno JPX before deciding on the Titleist. I tested a lot of different shafts. Loving the Modus3 105.

Played Callaway for the last 5 years. These are my first set of Titleist irons. Just tested them on the launch monitor. Gapping is good, except the PW. May need to soften it's loft (or maybe just adrenaline).

T200 6‐PW w/Modus3 Tour 105.
Still waiting on the T300 5i.
All 1/2" shorter (1* flat)
I love the way they look, feel, and sound. Best of all... I am longer, straighter, and have much better dispersion. Also tried Callaway Apex and Mizuno JPX before deciding on the Titleist. I tested a lot of different shafts. Loving the Modus3 105.

Yeah that 43* is strong. I actually got the T200 PW bent strong to 42* and added a T100 PW as a gap. That allows me to keep my 50*, 54*, and 60* wedges.

Can't wait to see how you hit yours and really can't wait to get mine LOL!

"Yeah that 43* is strong. I actually got the T200 PW bent strong to 42* and added a T100 PW as a gap. That allows me to keep my 50*, 54*, and 60* wedges."

Wow! Thats a great idea! I would love playing those T100 in PW, GW. Hmmmm...

Yeah that 43* is strong. I actually got the T200 PW bent strong to 42* and added a T100 PW as a gap. That allows me to keep my 50*, 54*, and 60* wedges.

Can't wait to see how you hit yours and really can't wait to get mine LOL!

I love THP Events when every participant gets a full set of irons.
I should have yours in hand in the next couple of weeks.

Back