Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh the T200.....

I have a feeling this run of new irons will do very well for Titleist. I've never owned Titleist irons and I'm very interested in the T100s.

Oh yes please! I see either a whole set of T100's or a combo set with the T200's in my future. Love it that they worked on the sound from the AP3 ... that was the majority of everyone's complaint about them. Finally Titleist is starting to listen :)

I have a feeling this run of new irons will do very well for Titleist. I've never owned Titleist irons and I'm very interested in the T100s.

Agreed. I've never been interested in their irons but I like the looks and love the fact that the stock steel shaft is a TT AMT that I absolutely love in my Srixon irons.

The T200 with that screw on the back almost seems like it should be named the Terminator set!!!

that's a helluva writeup. i'm not in the market for irons, but if i was i would take a serious look at these. they all look great, but definitely an aesthetic shift.

i'm hoping their claims about sound for the t200 are true. i get why they made the ap3, but i don't think it was as successful (as far as playability, sound/feel, etc) as i hoped it would be. hopefully they have improved on it all around.

I know there will be some that aren’t happy to see the AP monikers go away, but it makes perfect sense.

As I mentioned in the release the intro of the AP3 made it super confusing and awkward. The 1 was the most forgiving, the 2 the most demanding, and the 3 was supposed to be in the middle but being named ap3 confused the crap out of everyone to where half thought they were actually the biggest of the three irons.

This makes it clean, and simple.

I appreciate it.

I know there will be some that aren’t happy to see the AP monikers go away, but it makes perfect sense.

As I mentioned in the release the intro of the AP3 made it super confusing and awkward. The 1 was the most forgiving, the 2 the most demanding, and the 3 was supposed to be in the middle but being named ap3 confused the crap out of everyone to where half thought they were actually the biggest of the three irons.

This makes it clean, and simple.

I appreciate it.

100% correct

All 3 sets have a cool look to them that will draw a lot of folks in. I am sure some will be discourages the AP name is gone, but having it labelled this way makes a lot of sense to me. Great looking irons.

I would be way more interested in the T200 set if the lofts weren't so cranked down. I can't just add another wedge to the bottom end of my bag to make up the gap

I had gotten to the point that anything named AP was 100% ignored by me. I had tried enough of the lineup and been disappointed in the feel that I had no interest. I think it was perfect timing for Titleist to “rebrand” their iron offering. Just my .02 Worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review. When my time comes for new irons, Titleist will be in the mix.

Other than the 716 Smoke edition irons I’ve never cared for Titleist iron looks wise. The T300 is pretty neat looking. If I didn’t have so much invested in my fitted G700’s I’d take a look.

Titleist irons always look nice. That's for sure. I wonder if the AP line is truly over - or if like most things it makes a re-appearance 10 years from now.

Do we know if we will be able to get pretty much any steel shaft at no up charge?

Titleist has done a great job with the T100, T200, T300 irons. If their TS line of Driver and Fairway are any indication I believe many of us will be very happy to have these in our bag! I am going to be trying all of these in the very near future, Good job Titleist!

i hit the AP3s well during fitting, but the out of order naming was annoying, and the whole line just wasn't much to look at. staring at them next to the 919s was just no contest.

these at least look interesting and make sense.

Do we know if we will be able to get pretty much any steel shaft at no up charge?

There is an upcharge list I believe

I would be way more interested in the T200 set if the lofts weren't so cranked down. I can't just add another wedge to the bottom end of my bag to make up the gap

May not have to. I think we often get too focused on making sure loft gaps are identical as opposed to seeing if distance gaps work.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Great write up and review!!! I really like the look of these.

Great write up Jman!! These look like another stellar release for Titleist.

May not have to. I think we often get too focused on making sure loft gaps are identical as opposed to seeing if distance gaps work.

That is what I am referring to. I know what my yardages are with my sand wedge and my set gap wedge. If I were to get a new stronger gap wedge then my yardage gap will widen between them.

I like these. Can you clarify what that screw does in the t200 line or has Titleist said anything about it? Is that part of the 'max impact' technology built into the set or is it more of a fitting thing where each screw is a different weight depending on the iron?

Back