Titleist T100, T200 and T300 Irons

I love THP Events when every participant gets a full set of irons.
I should have yours in hand in the next couple of weeks.
Make sure to sprinkle some THP magic on them while you've got them!!!

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Still anxiously waiting for the call that the clubs are in! Sometime this week for sure. But I'm hoping way before the weekend. Will be playing both days with @dwchockey13 so I've got to have my game on point! :sneaky:(y)

Did anyone pick the T300?

Seen these in person the other day......just as expected from Titleist.....some damn good looking irons for sure.

I went for a fitting with cool clubs last week. I tried the new apex, p760, Honma tw747, T200, practically anything he thought would work. The best results were with the T100 against my gamers the z545 which surprised me being a more compact iron. The T100 felt the best by a country mile for me too.

Averages were.

Z545
Cs 80.1, bs 118.8, spin 4856, 155.9 carry.
Nippon 980gsh reg.

T100
Cs 82.6, bs 121.4, spin 4714, 162.4 carry.
Nippon pro modus 3 105 stiff.

The fitter said that my Srixons were 2-3 flexes too soft. Once fitted into the stiffer shaft I was just able to swing how I wanted with no fear of it going to the right due to the shaft.
There were a few spec differences with lie and loft but I’m not too sure what they were.
I’ve just got to suck it up and drop the pennies.

Order has been placed.

T100 4-50* wedge
SM7 54.10S
Nippon Pro Modus 3 105 stiff
1-1.5 upright (depending on club)
All at D2.

I should hopefully have them in a couple of weeks. I will try to put picks up then and post some more thoughts.

I went for a fitting with cool clubs last week. I tried the new apex, p760, Honma tw747, T200, practically anything he thought would work. The best results were with the T100 against my gamers the z545 which surprised me being a more compact iron. The T100 felt the best by a country mile for me too.

Averages were.

Z545
Cs 80.1, bs 118.8, spin 4856, 155.9 carry.
Nippon 980gsh reg.

T100
Cs 82.6, bs 121.4, spin 4714, 162.4 carry.
Nippon pro modus 3 105 stiff.

The fitter said that my Srixons were 2-3 flexes too soft. Once fitted into the stiffer shaft I was just able to swing how I wanted with no fear of it going to the right due to the shaft.
There were a few spec differences with lie and loft but I’m not too sure what they were.
I’ve just got to suck it up and drop the pennies.

Assuming you were hitting a 7 iron that is really good improvement because the Z545 is at 31* and the T100 is at 34*. Getting that extra ball speed and carry is impressive. More evidence that getting fit is important LOL!

Can’t wait for the event (thanks THP!) itching to play the T100s!

Assuming you were hitting a 7 iron that is really good improvement because the Z545 is at 31* and the T100 is at 34*. Getting that extra ball speed and carry is impressive. More evidence that getting fit is important LOL!

It was a 6 iron used for the fitting. I’m not sure if the loft of the T100 was made stronger to be closer to my Z545 6i or even matching. Even if it was the same loft, the T100 was still performing better.
When they come in I will try to confirm the loft number of the 6i.

So disappointed my irons haven't come in yet. I really wanted them before the weekend since I'm playing both days. I normally don't get that much allotted time to play anymore

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It was a 6 iron used for the fitting. I’m not sure if the loft of the T100 was made stronger to be closer to my Z545 6i or even matching. Even if it was the same loft, the T100 was still performing better.
When they come in I will try to confirm the loft number of the 6i.
Yep, I bet it wasn't though. That's a real nice gain for a club with weaker lofts. Can't wait to hear how you play with them!!

Cleared my Friday afternoon schedule and will be testing T200 and T300 demo irons, at the course, before playing.

I pick up my irons today!! Yeah baby (y)

Do I have to take the plastic off??
d6f350c22a3c469d8f30d60a748c41f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

After 27 holes of playing my t series set (4,5 t200 and 6-AW t100) I have some initial thoughts about them. First is the looks. They look great. Titleist knocked it out of the park with the aesthetics in my opinion. Second is the feel. Although this is completely subjective, the t200 offered that “thawck” that that Titleist is known for (not a bad thing) but the t100 feel softer then the AP2’s I have played. They felt really really good.

T-100s - These irons played so forgiving for their size. The turf interaction was the best I’ve ever played. To a point I actually noticed it. These are 2 degrees weaker then my previous irons and the distance was on par with my current set. The ball launched great and no problems with ballooning. When fit my ball speed over my old irons avaeraged 2mph taster with the t100 averaged over all shots. Titleist really has a winner with this series of irons.

T-200’s - these irons really surprised me. I loved the mp18 fli hi 4,5 irons in my old set and was worried about the switch. First few swings with the 4 irons and those worries went out the window. These things launch high, go straight and are really forgiving. I had a couple mishits this weekend and they both were pin high just offline but not like I was expecting. They look fantastic. In my opinion these are the best looking clubs in this category. Titleist has found speed in their irons this year and I am really excited about it.

One of the pros at a course I frequent had T200's in his bag yesterday. They certainly look very nice. I took a couple swings, didn't hit any balls, but they were are pretty attractive package. Looking forward to hitting them.

One of the pros at a course I frequent had T200's in his bag yesterday. They certainly look very nice. I took a couple swings, didn't hit any balls, but they were are pretty attractive package. Looking forward to hitting them.

They are the real deal, definitely give them a go!

After 27 holes of playing my t series set (4,5 t200 and 6-AW t100) I have some initial thoughts about them. First is the looks. They look great. Titleist knocked it out of the park with the aesthetics in my opinion. Second is the feel. Although this is completely subjective, the t200 offered that “thawck” that that Titleist is known for (not a bad thing) but the t100 feel softer then the AP2’s I have played. They felt really really good.

T-100s - These irons played so forgiving for their size. The turf interaction was the best I’ve ever played. To a point I actually noticed it. These are 2 degrees weaker then my previous irons and the distance was on par with my current set. The ball launched great and no problems with ballooning. When fit my ball speed over my old irons avaeraged 2mph taster with the t100 averaged over all shots. Titleist really has a winner with this series of irons.

T-200’s - these irons really surprised me. I loved the mp18 fli hi 4,5 irons in my old set and was worried about the switch. First few swings with the 4 irons and those worries went out the window. These things launch high, go straight and are really forgiving. I had a couple mishits this weekend and they both were pin high just offline but not like I was expecting. They look fantastic. In my opinion these are the best looking clubs in this category. Titleist has found speed in their irons this year and I am really excited about it.

I saw the same thing with the numbers of the T100 vs my current Z545’s. Awesome results.

Initial T- Series Thoughts:

This is very early thoughts on this series of irons and I will definitely be writing a full review in a month or 2 but I want to share thoughts as I go so everyone can get a feel of the adjustment period and what I am learning about the clubs as I go through that process.

I have a mixed bag that is T200 7-P and T300 4-6. I also have a T100 PW as my gap wedge. It is 46* and the T200 is 43* bent strong to 42*. The reason I did this are that I did have JPX919 irons and my PW was at 45* while my 9 iron was at 40*. For some reason this caused a gap for me as I hit the 9 about 125 and the PW about 105. To hit 115 I was always using the 9 and trying to dial it back a bit. It looks like this should work as I hit 2 shots on course (112 and 115) with the T200 PW on the green and I hit 2 from 95-100 on with the T100 PW.

Anyway we played a shamble yesterday which was a great way to break in a set of irons. A shamble format is everyone plays the hole out individually from the best tee shot of the foursome. My long game is erratic and I don't hit it very far, but from 150 and in I am pretty darn good for a bogey golfer so this was a chance for me to really get to hit some shots with my new clubs. They were a resounding success. I am coming from JPX 919 Hot Metals to the T200 short irons. The T200's have a player look with a compact head, thin topline, and little to no offset. They feel great in hand and at address they inspire confidence. On the back 9 yesterday we were hitting at greens from between 90 and 145 and I hit every single green but 1 and I was pin high off the left on that 1. The only shot outside that range was a 180 yard 2nd shot on a par 5 from the rough on a slanted lie. Not only was I immediately hitting line and distance with these clubs, but my ball was behind my pitch mark on every single one of these shots.

The long approach from 180 out was on a par 5 that Eric from Titleist set up with a rocket drive to a very slim landing area. On that shot I used my T300 4 iron and launched one pin high to set up an up-and-down for a birdie net eagle. On the front 9 we played a super long par 5 with water and I was in the woods after a bad 2nd shot. I had about 180 on that shot setting on some hard pan. I thought just blast this sucker and hit the 4 iron super solid. I did not hit the green, but that swing was the one where I found my swing for the day. After that it was smooth sailing with my new sticks.

Look and Feel: The T300 have a big head that looks like it's built for launching. They are a tad bit bigger profile than the Hot Metals I am coming from and they are perfect for me for long irons as they inspire confidence and let me feel like I can give it a good whack. The T200's are beautiful looking. There is no way most people could tell they were not playing a tour type club at setup and address. The profile is beautiful and confidence inspiring and with little to no offset it makes alignment on those crucial shots easy. These clubs launch high and strait with some backspin to boot.

If you are currently in a set of blades or players CB's and you want something that looks amazing, has some forgiveness, but will still spin and hold greens for you then these are clubs you definitely will want to play. If you are currently in GI irons, but you want something a little more player in your bag because you're like me and do well in short range then these are also clubs you will want to hit.

More to come as I get out on the home course and can really see the difference between these and the JPX919 Hot Metals.

Back