Playing with my brother today he handed me his TSi3 with an X Stiff Tensei White to try out. I had never hit one outdoor and holy smokes I was crushing that thing. I went from being 5 or so yards short of him with my Cobra to blowing this past him. I was super impressed. I absolutely love the more traditional shape of the head. It looks like an old school driver.
So I sense a trade in in the works. No duck hooks?

So I sense a trade in in the works. No duck hooks?
I still had a pull a couple times but not a major hook. That could be the extra stiff shaft though compared the the stiff I usually use. My miss was right with the TSi3 and I'm guessing that's because of the flex.

Reactions: KEV
i’m super excited to test the tsr, but it will have an uphill battle against the tsi2. 79% of fairways today on a tough course. and two of the misses were just off the fairway. i’m probably sacrificing some yards lofted up to 12* but 79%!!!

i was also thinking back to my time before the tsi2. my tee game was a serious struggle. it made golf so unfun. but now i have so much confidence on the tee, and have legit opportunities to score.

Finally tried a Titleist driver... I gotta admit that it was a far better experience than I thought it would be. Maybe I need to try a TSr

Finally tried a Titleist driver... I gotta admit that it was a far better experience than I thought it would be. Maybe I need to try a TSr

If you have any TSR questions I’m happy to help and there’s also a TSR thread with lots of info.

If you have any TSR questions I’m happy to help and there’s also a TSR thread with lots of info.

ymmv but with the same shaft plugged into both i picked up like 5mph ball speed with the tsr over tsi. and i loved the tsi.

ymmv but with the same shaft plugged into both i picked up like 5mph ball speed with the tsr over tsi. and i loved the tsi.
That is the one reason the TSR tickled my fancy to replace my TSi (just picked up TSR2 head), usually the new models are essentially the same but with the TSi2 vs TSr2 the shape/look is different + the performance numbers i.e. gaining ball speed is hard to ignore. Been putting it thru the ringer in my garage sim, can't wait to see how it performs on the course.

idk why i had that bugaboo with Titleist...and for all the bad press the TSi2 gets compared to the TSr2, it is still a pretty good head. i had some trade in credit (for a BUNCH of shafts) so i ordered a TSi3 :unsure:

I finally did some Trackman data comparison between my gamer TSi2 vs. a TSR2 swapping my Tensei shaft between the two.
The shape on the TSR2 is different, more in line with the old TSi3 (rounder). Feel is similar tho, however my numbers were not noticeably better between the two for me. If anything I was able to keep the club face squarer/turn over my TSi2 easier and had essentially the same launch/spin/ball speed/distance. In the end I ended up sticking with my gamer TSi2 and realized from all the data that I really need explore shaft options to get my spin/launch up a bit, in turn that will help me carry the ball further/increase overall distance. Still love all the new Titleist goodies, not to mention my T200 irons (things are phenomenal).

Back