Dropped off my 3w, talked with them about it (we all have lovely memories of comparing the 3 and 2 I have, but no actual memories of comparing that 3 to a different 3...), and I got busy and couldn't get back there, but received this text at close

Screenshot_20210227-192844_Messages.jpg

Old TSi3 face issues hopefully a thing of my past. And having a face that a buddy hasn't ripped the finish off on a crap strike will be nice.

Speaking of, what has everyone seen for durability with their faces on the TSis? I don't clean my ball as much as I should, so my driver has a few fair marks, but the FWs seem a little sensitive to impacts.

Dropped off my 3w, talked with them about it (we all have lovely memories of comparing the 3 and 2 I have, but no actual memories of comparing that 3 to a different 3...), and I got busy and couldn't get back there, but received this text at close

View attachment 8995633

Old TSi3 face issues hopefully a thing of my past. And having a face that a buddy hasn't ripped the finish off on a crap strike will be nice.

Speaking of, what has everyone seen for durability with their faces on the TSis? I don't clean my ball as much as I should, so my driver has a few fair marks, but the FWs seem a little sensitive to impacts.

Funny thing.. no I am wanting to look a little more at the tsi2...

I hit the TSi1 & TSi2 fairways yesterday. Was looking for a 4w. PGATSS didn’t have any however I was fit in to a TSi1 head 15° (I was trying to hit a certain yardage) with a Tensei Blue 65 R shaft. Got some real nice ball speed. Think I’ll look at these at CC when I pick up my TSi2 hybrid. Think TSi2 might be a better fit. I’d game it for sure.

Went out yesterday with the tsi2 for the first time. It is an absolute fairway finder! I also found myself closer to the green on a few holes. This was surprise to me as it is soaked from all the snow we had. Was a little hesitant first about switching from the 3 to the 2 based on how much I like the looks of the 3. But it was definitely the right decision for me.

Went out yesterday with the tsi2 for the first time. It is an absolute fairway finder! I also found myself closer to the green on a few holes. This was surprise to me as it is soaked from all the snow we had. Was a little hesitant first about switching from the 3 to the 2 based on how much I like the looks of the 3. But it was definitely the right decision for me.
It really is soo good...

It really is soo good...

I hit one so bad I just new it was going hard left and ended up good ways in the left side of the fairway. Guys are all saying “good drive” and I’m thinking to myself no way that just happened lol

I just spent some time this morning trying out the TSi2 and TSi3 drivers. The TSi3 definitely was the better performer of the two with like shafts and setup. I tried the stock Tensei White and the Hzrdus RDX. The Tensei had much better feel, and dispersion was quite a bit tighter with that one than the RDX for me. Even with about 6 times the number of balls hit, the dispersion ring on the monitor was still about half the size of the one from the RDX. I'd call that decisive. Decisive enough that I ordered it in the 9 degree flavor with the Tensei White. Having some hip problems lately has caused me to feel a little overgunned with my current Hzrdus Green Smoke. To the point that I never even see the left side of the fairway anymore. TSi3 was more left than right, and with plenty of roll when it hit the ground. Ball speeds were similar to what I get with my ST190 and Green Smoke, which isn't bad. 102-106 club head speed, mid 150s ball speeds. A little more spin than with my current gamer, but that's honestly not a bad thing. I'm thinking this will be a bit more user friendly for me on the course once I get some time behind it and get it tweaked just right..

Gotta give tsi2 one more shot......secret shaft society

TSI2......Confident fairway finder......allows a normal tee height for my swing while still being easy , consistent launch.....not as long as 2017 gbb epic especially downwind but overall a more consistent driver ......for me.

I have mentioned in some other posts about my three round golf trip to Cabos. I actually took 2 drivers with me. I played my TSi3, but on some holes when there was time, I hit a tee ball with the other driver. The difference was so apparent to me. I have such a comfort level with the TSi3. Maybe when I really popped one with the other driver (SIM2), it might have been longer, but the average drives with the TSi3 were longer and I could control its ball flight so much better.

I saw quite a few drives like this one during the rounds and definitely averaged over 250 yards for my three rounds (my longest being just over 300), which being early in the year and at sea level, felt satisfying.

008F10E5-2C43-455E-8F6D-791CF6C96138.jpeg1905545D-D673-4F94-B56D-804DEA71D8D4.jpeg

I have mentioned in some other posts about my three round golf trip to Cabos. I actually took 2 drivers with me. I played my TSi3, but on some holes when there was time, I hit a tee ball with the other driver. The difference was so apparent to me. I have such a comfort level with the TSi3. Maybe when I really popped one with the other driver (SIM2), it might have been longer, but the average drives with the TSi3 were longer and I could control its ball flight so much better.

I saw quite a few drives like this one during the rounds and definitely averaged over 250 yards for my three rounds (my longest being just over 300), which being early in the year and at sea level, felt satisfying.

View attachment 8996376View attachment 8996377
The comfort level thing is huge, because comfort is confidence when you need it.

I feel so comfortable and in control with the 3 that yesterday I was kind of annoyed at how I drove the ball. Was missing targets a bit, double crossed one and was so disgusted I didn't even watch it, etc. Then I look at the card and realize I missed one fairway. The first one. To me that kind of reaction to misses that small show how comfortable/confident I am with it and how perfect I expect to be in that. There are a couple setups I can bomb a tad more, but that's worth nothing compared to knowing I'm going to be in pretty good position, nearly as far, the majority of the time. It's self-fulfilling.

I just had a driver fitting and swung the tsi2, Tsi3, TM SIM, and Calaway Epic drivers. All 4 were an improvement over my current Taylormade SLDR. The Epic was the first out of the running due to launch angle and spin being very low. The Tsi2 was next out due to loss of distance compared to the SIM and Tsi3; about 20 yards shorter for me. The SIM and Tsi3 had very similar distances, only 2 yards separated the two which was negligible.

The Tsi3 just had better numbers. Spin was about 2100rpm, launch was 12 degrees, but the biggest improvements were distance and dispersion. My current driver sprayed shots almost 60 yards apart with an average of 255 yards total distance (which is normal for me). The Tsi3 had a 22 yard dispersion and averaged 289 yards. I was very happy with the way the Tsi3 felt while swinging it; very light, but balanced. Mishits were not penalized nearly as much as what I am used to. I hit a few that felt bad and I saw them go only 10 yards off line. Granted all of this is on a simulator, so I will wait to see if I can actually average anywhere near 290 out on the course, but the dispersion reduction had me cheering inside.

I hope to be gaming the new club in a few weeks but delivery has been all over the place. Still, I am excited to get this season started!

Playing devil's advocate here...surely one being 20 yards shorter than the other suggests it's not set up for you correctly?

Playing devil's advocate here...surely one being 20 yards shorter than the other suggests it's not set up for you correctly?

i would think out of the middle of the club with optimal attack and face-to-path, the two would not be separated by 22 yards. but on slight misses, or less than optimal launch conditions, since one of the drivers was sldr i don't doubt those differences at all. sldr was so punishing on mishits.

For anybody who has the TSi with Tensei White, on the shaft what is written as its country of origin ? Thanks.

For anybody who has the TSi with Tensei White, on the shaft what is written as its country of origin ? Thanks.
If I’m not mistaken, all Tensei shafts are made in China. Even the Pro and new 1K models.

I'm meaning Tsi2.
I may have just had a bad group of swings, but my mishits with that club were bad, compared to mishits with others. The TSi2 when adjusted for my swing to get my spin and launch up a bit just didn't travel.

TSI2......Confident fairway finder......allows a normal tee height for my swing while still being easy , consistent launch.....not as long as 2017 gbb epic especially downwind but overall a more consistent driver ......for me.

Sadly I'm retiring from this thread.....tsi2 , while finding fairways, just can't provide same horsepower, flight or feel of the Epic Speed.....still a very nice driver in the right hands but it got a true litmus test I feel and just didn't happen..... AU REVOIR

If I’m not mistaken, all Tensei shafts are made in China. Even the Pro and new 1K models.

Do you have a TSi with a Titleist installed Tensei shaft ?
I am hoping to hear from someone who has the Titleist-Tensei TSi combo and can advise whether on the shaft it reads Made in China or Made in Japan .

Do you have a TSi with a Titleist installed Tensei shaft ?
I am hoping to hear from someone who has the Titleist-Tensei TSi combo and can advise whether on the shaft it reads Made in China or Made in Japan .
From my Tensei Blue I just received from Titleist in my TSi2, it says Shaft China

First game of the year and pretty happy with the driving with the Tsi2.

Not always in the fairway but in play and decent distance. I think it's now become the strongest club in my game- the iron play has gone to absolute ****.

Sadly I'm retiring from this thread.....tsi2 , while finding fairways, just can't provide same horsepower, flight or feel of the Epic Speed.....still a very nice driver in the right hands but it got a true litmus test I feel and just didn't happen..... AU REVOIR

I have now hit:

Callaway Epic Speed
Callaway Epic Max LS
Sim 2

Although the Max LS has potential, I honestly don’t think any of them can displace my TSi3.

Back