Thinking about doing some work with the TSi 1 in the short driver spot in my bag. It fits the mold a bit with a bit more spin, quick launch, etc.

Will be getting the TSi2 on the home course tomorrow so will be able to get some yardage averages again. Will be a bit cool in the 60's but should be fun.

from some range testing today:
clubball speedlaunch anglespinpeak heightcarrydescent angle
epic max 10.5 thce161421523583324239
tsi2 rdx black 6.01431419492924835

epic max strikes were inconsistent, mostly low, making me think that's why the spin kicked up. tsi2 had some low spinners, like 1,600, but the flight is still very stable. not included in the data above was a particularly good swing with tsi2 that launched 13 with 2k spin and flew 262 with 100mph club speed. i liked it a lot!

Will be getting the TSi2 on the home course tomorrow so will be able to get some yardage averages again. Will be a bit cool in the 60's but should be fun.

it was 30's when I drove to work this morning, 60's sounds perfect haha
I enjoyed the TSi2 head in my limited testing with it. I still have some SureFit shafts if I even find one of those heads.

A bit cool in the 60’s for the end of October? It is going to be about 61 tomorrow here and I am just grinning from ear to ear.

Last edited:
from some range testing today:
clubball speedlaunch anglespinpeak heightcarrydescent angle
epic max 10.5 thce161421523583324239
tsi2 rdx black 6.01431419492924835

epic max strikes were inconsistent, mostly low, making me think that's why the spin kicked up. tsi2 had some low spinners, like 1,600, but the flight is still very stable. not included in the data above was a particularly good swing with tsi2 that launched 13 with 2k spin and flew 262 with 100mph club speed. i liked it a lot!
I have the same exact setup with the TSi2 (although still testing the Velocity) and, more than anything, place it in the fairway like clockwork. Great combo.

Look forward to your results. Forecast for 59 here tomorrow and almost 70 Sunday. Think I'll pull the Velocity test shaft and put the custom fit RDX Black 6.0 back in and see what happens.

A bit cool in the 60’s for the end of October? It is going to be about 61 tomorrow hear and I am just grinning from ear to ear.
We are definitely catching a cold spell here for the next ten days. Hoping the course won't be jam packed. Have seen it way warmer on Thanksgiving weekend.

The TSi2 paired with the new USTMamiya LIN-Q M40X TSPX BLUE is hitting some 💣💣💣💣 :eek:

LIN-Q BLUE.JPG

If I had any doubts about my TSi3, which I don't, the last 2 days would eliminate all of them. Horribly windy with wet fairways and lots of elevation changes and I managed just about every shot needed with this head and shaft combo. Got a comment about it being a little crazy I can work the ball up and down and both ways with 'driver'. But I can't. I can do it with THIS driver, because it's freaking awesome.

I did a fitting at Titleist a few weeks ago and the recommendation was the TSi2 with either the Tensei Blue 5S or the GD AD IX 5S. The GD was slightly better as my misses were better. I am going to order one with the GD but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. My pro has the Tensei in a demo and I took out on the course today and drove the heck out of the ball today. In very windy conditions 20 mph I hit the fairway with 11/13 drivers hit and I was getting very good length with it.

I am still going to order the one with the best fit I may wait until after the new year to order though.

I spent some time in the simulator on Wednesday and I was getting 3-4 mph more ball speed with the TSi than with my Maverik.

I just had a lot of confidence with the driver today.

I had a great day with the TSi2 today and went 13/14 FIR. So accuracy is great and there is plenty of forgiveness in the head Coupe of strikes from today.
E9C59FA0-F427-49B2-A62A-6A97C5D0B298.jpeg
C4E53D28-7020-4D60-B4B9-83B8701AFD0D.jpeg
This one was the one that surprised me the most as it still got out to 236 and was just straight
E5689546-7EEF-4F13-B3FF-AAD3F0DE6270.jpeg

I had a great day with the TSi2 today and went 13/14 FIR. So accuracy is great and there is plenty of forgiveness in the head Coupe of strikes from today.
View attachment 9040178
View attachment 9040179
This one was the one that surprised me the most as it still got out to 236 and was just straight
View attachment 9040180

I don’t think you’re giving it an appropriate forgiveness test. Let’s see one way off the toe. 😂😂 Those drivers do pretty amazing beyond the designed hitting area when I tested them out.

I've had the TSi3 with the Ventus Black in play since it came out and just don't have any interest in anything else right now. I've learned the hard way not to mess with something this good.

I have a 2 and a 3. Both are fantastic. The 3 has a bit mushier feel to it, which I’m liking atm. I also find it easier to hit a controlled fade with the 3. The bit deeper face. I think the 3 also demand a bit more focus, which I’m liking. I have a bad habit of getting lazy with the driver and I think the smaller head keeps my attention. Dunno. Both are fantastic.

Pretty good day with the TSi2, (setup is 10° at C/3 +.75) higher ball flight and just wants to go really straight. Averaged 233 off the tee today in 48° temps and 15mph winds. Really need/want to find some more distance off the tee but just not in the cards I guess.
Playing from 6200 and less keeps me in my wheelhouse to score well so it is where I will stay distance wise.

2 was super duper today, despite me not being a super duper guy on the course. the sound and feel of this driver is unmatched. there’s nothin better for what my ear apparently prefers.

damn i love this tsi2 driver. i missed my share of fairways today, but it wasn't wild and most were just off the fairway (into some gnarly rough that ate my lunch). highlight was #5. this course is hard, and #5 is one of the hardest holes. sharp dogleg right. if you hit it straight, you'll end up in the bunker or worse into the water hazard. if you're going to cut the dogleg, you have to carry some trees that aren't short. i tried to take a line over the shortest of the trees, and was successful. it was early in the day, no wind, a little moisture still on the ground. gps said 305. that is beyond stupid distance for me. and it felt sooooo good.

damn i love this tsi2 driver. i missed my share of fairways today, but it wasn't wild and most were just off the fairway (into some gnarly rough that ate my lunch). highlight was #5. this course is hard, and #5 is one of the hardest holes. sharp dogleg right. if you hit it straight, you'll end up in the bunker or worse into the water hazard. if you're going to cut the dogleg, you have to carry some trees that aren't short. i tried to take a line over the shortest of the trees, and was successful. it was early in the day, no wind, a little moisture still on the ground. gps said 305. that is beyond stupid distance for me. and it felt sooooo good.

Damn Son! 🔥

We need more stories like this!! I love these drivers.

I have a 2 and a 3. Both are fantastic. The 3 has a bit mushier feel to it, which I’m liking atm. I also find it easier to hit a controlled fade with the 3. The bit deeper face. I think the 3 also demand a bit more focus, which I’m liking. I have a bad habit of getting lazy with the driver and I think the smaller head keeps my attention. Dunno. Both are fantastic.
How do you think the numbers differ when you hit both optimally?

That is a lot higher than the 143 ball speed you posted recently.

How do you think the numbers differ when you hit both optimally?

Great question! I will see if I can get some LM data for you. My TSi2 is 10 loft and my TSi3 is 11. I'm guessing they are quite similar actually, due to the loft difference.

That is a lot higher than the 143 ball speed you posted recently.

it sure is. but from the first day i tested this driver, it gave me some of the highest launch and lowest spin i've ever seen. that continues to be a trend, yet the flight is still as stable in the air as anything i've achieved since going through my recent driving woes. this particular bomb today launched high, with a very small draw, and took a bit of a bounce forward. i took a pic of a drive i hit on the range last week with 149 ball speed and 262 carry, but ss only 99.5mph. if today's bomb had a little more ss but similar dynamics (6 up, 1 from the inside, 1,900 spin, 13 launch, 1.50 smash), it's reasonable to me that it could have carried pretty far and rolled out.

it sure is. but from the first day i tested this driver, it gave me some of the highest launch and lowest spin i've ever seen. that continues to be a trend, yet the flight is still as stable in the air as anything i've achieved since going through my recent driving woes. this particular bomb today launched high, with a very small draw, and took a bit of a bounce forward. i took a pic of a drive i hit on the range last week with 149 ball speed and 262 carry, but ss only 99.5mph. if today's bomb had a little more ss but similar dynamics (6 up, 1 from the inside, 1,900 spin, 13 launch, 1.50 smash), it's reasonable to me that it could have carried pretty far and rolled out.
For sure. I have seen where an angle of attack of around 5, with a good swing path and face angle can yield a smash factor of a little over 1.50 on TrackMan. that kind of efficiency with low 100 swing speed could get you out 300 yards, depending on conditions. Those swings are so fun when they happen. I am glad that you are liking your driver.

Back