And I was thinking I wouldn't be interested in straying from my current TS3. There I go thinking again.

I was invited to go to a TSI fitting last wed for the driver and FW wood up in Scottsdale. Titleist gave us a rundown on the new driver & fw wood along with info on the new 2021 Prov's and Prov1x balls coming out. We received a sleeve of the new balls also to try!

I will start by saying my driver swing that day was rough but I managed to get some solid strikes with my current gamer to get some baseline numbers for him. The fitter started me with a TS2I . The shape reminds me a lot of my current gamer but it had a much different sound. @mikeg_74 asked above what the sound was like and his description of metallic is a good way to describe it. I loved the sound on the first hit. This is my first time hitting a Titleist driver so I cannot compare the sound to any others they have had.

The TSI2 felt great right away and and the first thing the fitter told me is my spin numbers were way down compared to my Gamer. My miss is a push right when I am struggling with the driver. With the TSI2 that really made the push to the right very playable. They were no where near as far right for me so hopefully that will help me stay in play a bit more. We settled in on a Tensei AV White Raw 65 gram shaft at 45 inches. Titleist also has a weight kit so you can change out the weights and we took the stock one out and added 4 more grams. Once that adjustment was made I started ripping drives right down the middle! I think my best drive that day was almost 270 with the most between 240 and 260. Toe hits were very forgiving also. You can see the ball strike on the face they were using a rag with just water to clean them off each time.

We tried the TS3I head with the same shaft and the results were just not quite as good and I need all of the forgiveness I can get lol! I also preferred the head shape of the TS2I. Both heads are beautiful and Titleist did a great job with the sound and feel.

We were told that the shaft options were real deal shafts and not made for Titleist also.

I also hit the 3 wood TS2I with the same shaft. First swing 240 with a nice high straight ball flight. The next three swings were the same flight just a bit farther. That club felt like you were hitting the ball with a sledgehammer just so solid! Looking forward to getting these in play soon! I will say the TS3I adjustable weight in the FW is really slick.

We went to a place called Desert Mountain in Scottsdale. 7 golf courses and all private is my understanding. The course we were on was called Renegade and it is all bent grass. An absolutely beautiful place too bad I cant play there lol!

View attachment 8969259View attachment 8969260View attachment 8969261View attachment 8969262
Thanks for Sharing and a great write up on your fitting.
Don't you just love those "Ah Ha" moments with everything comes together from a great fitting?

Thanks for Sharing and a great write up on your fitting.
Don't you just love those "Ah Ha" moments with everything comes together from a great fitting?

Yes I do lol! I just wish my swing had been better that day.

@Canadan what ball were you using? Looking at the spin numbers they looked a little higher than what you normally see correct?

@Canadan what ball were you using? Looking at the spin numbers they looked a little higher than what you normally see correct?
Without peppering my mediocrity too hard, my driver swing is HOT trash right now. A bit steep, a bit across the ball, and fadey. I'd attribute more to that than the heads being of the higher spin profile, for sure. I also didn't have a shaft that would be 'perfect' for me, between the Smoke RDX and the Tensei Blue. Both solid offerings, just don't work well to get me optimal numbers.

Ball was more than likely Titleist AVX or Tour B RX. Can't remember at the moment.

Without peppering my mediocrity too hard, my driver swing is HOT trash right now. A bit steep, a bit across the ball, and fadey. I'd attribute more to that than the heads being of the higher spin profile, for sure. I also didn't have a shaft that would be 'perfect' for me, between the Smoke RDX and the Tensei Blue. Both solid offerings, just don't work well to get me optimal numbers.

Ball was more than likely Titleist AVX or Tour B RX. Can't remember at the moment.

Ball was actually the Titleist Tour Speed golf ball.

dan how did the spin and distance stack up to what you see with other drivers?

Makes sense. Bouncing around looking at other reviews I noticed the 9* TSi3 is showing to be a low spin head and wondered since I saw your spin numbers were higher.

Titleist has always made some of the best / most serious looking equipment and this is no exception. The tech in that fairway is really cool too!

Finally got to sit down and watch this one this afternoon with all my crazy running around.

Loved the discussion with Talge, was a lot covered and some really good meat and potatoes info in there, love him talking about their evolution as a producer of drivers. Also enjoyed the rundown on the heads and the data, good feedback in there @Canadan

Great video and nice info!

What are your typical ball speed numbers @Canadan ? How did these two heads stack up compared to your gamer? Even though your "Driver Swing" is hot garbage right now :rolleyes:

What are your typical ball speed numbers @Canadan ? How did these two heads stack up compared to your gamer? Even though your "Driver Swing" is hot garbage right now :rolleyes:
I genuinely cannot say, I'm sorry. I haven't spent much time at all on a monitor with driver this year.

And I was thinking I wouldn't be interested in straying from my current TS3. There I go thinking again.
You weren't going to be interested in a brand new shiny upgrade of a golf club you already love? I don't know if I would call that thinking LOL!

I want a TSi3.

@Canadan I hate/love you

I was invited to go to a TSI fitting last wed for the driver and FW wood up in Scottsdale. Titleist gave us a rundown on the new driver & fw wood along with info on the new 2021 Prov's and Prov1x balls coming out. We received a sleeve of the new balls also to try!

I will start by saying my driver swing that day was rough but I managed to get some solid strikes with my current gamer to get some baseline numbers for him. The fitter started me with a TS2I . The shape reminds me a lot of my current gamer but it had a much different sound. @mikeg_74 asked above what the sound was like and his description of metallic is a good way to describe it. I loved the sound on the first hit. This is my first time hitting a Titleist driver so I cannot compare the sound to any others they have had.

The TSI2 felt great right away and and the first thing the fitter told me is my spin numbers were way down compared to my Gamer. My miss is a push right when I am struggling with the driver. With the TSI2 that really made the push to the right very playable. They were no where near as far right for me so hopefully that will help me stay in play a bit more. We settled in on a Tensei AV White Raw 65 gram shaft at 45 inches. Titleist also has a weight kit so you can change out the weights and we took the stock one out and added 4 more grams. Once that adjustment was made I started ripping drives right down the middle! I think my best drive that day was almost 270 with the most between 240 and 260. Toe hits were very forgiving also. You can see the ball strike on the face they were using a rag with just water to clean them off each time.

We tried the TS3I head with the same shaft and the results were just not quite as good and I need all of the forgiveness I can get lol! I also preferred the head shape of the TS2I. Both heads are beautiful and Titleist did a great job with the sound and feel.

We were told that the shaft options were real deal shafts and not made for Titleist also.

I also hit the 3 wood TS2I with the same shaft. First swing 240 with a nice high straight ball flight. The next three swings were the same flight just a bit farther. That club felt like you were hitting the ball with a sledgehammer just so solid! Looking forward to getting these in play soon! I will say the TS3I adjustable weight in the FW is really slick.

We went to a place called Desert Mountain in Scottsdale. 7 golf courses and all private is my understanding. The course we were on was called Renegade and it is all bent grass. An absolutely beautiful place too bad I cant play there lol!

View attachment 8969259View attachment 8969260View attachment 8969261View attachment 8969262

Very cool pics and that headcover looks very nice as well

I want a TSi3.

@Canadan I hate/love you

I might agree as I really liked the TS3!!!

Great review @Canadan! Thanks for the work putting these through their paces. I've never gamed a Titleist driver but must say these are looking really good; I need to give them some serious ponder

hahahaha I am sort of fascinated by the face. Great tech story, and it looks very cool.

I am getting more and more obsessed with this driver by the min. Especially after hitting it...

I am getting more and more obsessed with this driver by the min. Especially after hitting it...
I remember you really like the SIM. How does this stack up numbers-wise?

I remember you really like the SIM. How does this stack up numbers-wise?

I am getting faster ball speeds and very similar spin with the TSi3. What that is attributed to is not 100% clear. My SIM is 45 inches on the nose in length. I believe the TSi is longer but I honestly did not check it. I am fairly certain the TSi is a more stable head. Also, the head of the TSi is a little heavier. All things being equal, if you can move a heavier head at the speeds, it will produce good numbers..

I can see why these are intriguing so many people. Would definitely give them a few swings.

These look soooooo good! I've never been super interested in Titleist stuff but these could change that

If these are any better than the last version you should give them a chance

Back