I think that was as much to do with loft as it was head, but in our testing I don't think either head is insanely low spin. Over the last 36 hours I have taken an insane amount of swings with the two heads. I love the fairways and will add to that thread shortly, but the drivers are an enigma to me so far.

They look, sound and feel downright perfect. The shaping at setup is confidence inspiring and classic. The sound at impact is really REALLY good. I get decent numbers out of both of them, and when they are compared loft to loft, the spin was slightly lower for me out of the TSi 3, at about 250 rpms when I average them out. Neither really go super low spin, but that could be dialed in with loft generally speaking assuming launch is okay.

Based on conforming list and timing of previous launch, I think those searching for that, will hold off and see if they release the TSi 4 and 1 later on.
I wondered if a TSi4 would be coming. I know the TSi3 is the more traditional shape and will offer lower spin compared to the TSi2, but I can't see it being a spin killer like the TS4 was marketed.

Like you I really like the look and from all the videos the sound and feel seem to be really good also. I get the sense this line (more than any other previous OEM offering) will need a proper fitting and you won't be able to fit blindly based on the previous version.

I get the sense this line (more than any other previous OEM offering) will need a proper fitting and you won't be able to fit blindly based on the previous version.

You might from their adapter alone, which @Canadan kindly pokes JT on in the video. :D

You might from their adapter alone, which @Canadan kindly pokes JT on in the video. :D
That part made me chuckle, to this day I have to pull up the chart to adjust a Titleist driver.

That part made me chuckle, to this day I have to pull up the chart to adjust a Titleist driver.

i just know I like an A3 setting..

And JT said as much in the video haha.
"Just grab your card"

I saw that and had to chuckle a bit. I think something as simple as the adapter adjustment could bump up sales with guys buying blind and fitting themselves in a more comfortable environment.

reading that chart I am usually like

All I remember is that back when I gamed the beautiful 910-d2 I was a B4 hosel guy. Don't ask me what that means haha.
Anytime I have a Titleist driver I just change my phone background to the fitting chart for a couple weeks until I get it dialed in.

And JT said as much in the video haha.
"Just grab your card"
And still easier than the Cleveland/Srixon adapter of old :ROFLMAO:

All I remember is that back when I gamed the beautiful 910-d2 I was a B4 hosel guy. Don't ask me what that means haha.
Anytime I have a Titleist driver I just change my phone background to the fitting chart for a couple weeks until I get it dialed in.
I sort of love this :ROFLMAO:

I saw that and had to chuckle a bit. I think something as simple as the adapter adjustment could bump up sales with guys buying blind and fitting themselves in a more comfortable environment.

reading that chart I am usually like

I genuinely think it is their simple way of pushing fitting (which is a positive). But off the rack, you are dead right and the company is making a high quality product that should do better in golf stores in my opinion. Is it the adjustment stuff, I honestly don't know, but maybe you are right.

when i had the 917 in the bag I did the same. Just kept it as a favorite picture on my phone and easy to get to. I was a C2 setting, but always had to refer to the chart to remember what that meant.

Looks like Titleist has caught up (or at least close to) in the distance conversation. In the past I always hit them very straight but they were definitely shorter for me compared to some others. Will have to give these a try when they come out. I love how the Ts3 looks at address, especially slightly open.

I genuinely think it is their simple way of pushing fitting (which is a positive). But off the rack, you are dead right and the company is making a high quality product that should do better in golf stores in my opinion. Is it the adjustment stuff, I honestly don't know, but maybe you are right.

I am not discounting to get fit, but I will use myself for example, I am not a good candidate to get fit indoors with woods. It's a mental issue (especially with driver) and I never get settled. Having an adapter that's easy to use and swap out shafts (like the opti-fit) makes it easier to bring along to the range and tinker with the settings based on what you are seeing. I know they have Titleist Thursdays, but those are not year round and not always close to where guys are.

I am not discounting to get fit, but I will use myself for example, I am not a good candidate to get fit indoors with woods. It's a mental issue (especially with driver) and I never get settled. Having an adapter that's easy to use and swap out shafts (like the opti-fit) makes it easier to bring along to the range and tinker with the settings based on what you are seeing. I know they have Titleist Thursdays, but those are not year round and not always close to where guys are.

I totally get it. Especially in the current climate where the options at clubs are still limited in some areas.
If I was a betting man, I would believe there is a bit of an internal struggle on whether or not to change it.

I totally get it. Especially in the current climate where the options at clubs are still limited in some areas.
If I was a betting man, I would believe there is a bit of an internal struggle on whether or not to change it.

I know those not tuned in like we are on the forum don't think about it, but we've heard over and over again, saving as much weight as they can in a design is crucial. I just wonder if the current adapter has them in a spot where changing it will alter the weight profile of the adapter and trickle down into the overall design.

Reactions: JB
I’ll be getting fit for this when Titleist comes to town for sure. It seems like it’s a great step forward on the driver and may end up being my 2021 driver if the numbers add up.

i think titleist will be doing a fitting at my club. if they do, i'll go hit these for no other reason than adding some feedback to the forum. the shape looks beautiful. the face visual is not something i like looking at, but could get comfortable quickly. i'm mostly curious to see what the spin numbers look like. i know dan saw higher spin, but there are a lot of people posting numbers that show troublingly low spin. so i'm just curious to see what it would look like for me as someone who needs launch and spin. no desire to buy, just curious.

I think the Titleist adapter is awesome, but for some reason I am a weirdo and can't use them.

When I got fit at TPi, I was absolutely peppering the driver at A1 (stock) setting. Fitter adjusted two or three times, and finally, after watching me hit bad shots back to back to back, goes "you need to set this to A1 and NEVER TOUCH IT AGAIN" hahahaha

The beauty of a fitting, and how we are all unique.... and for what it's worth, I completely agreed :ROFLMAO:

i think titleist will be doing a fitting at my club. if they do, i'll go hit these for no other reason than adding some feedback to the forum. the shape looks beautiful. the face visual is not something i like looking at, but could get comfortable quickly. i'm mostly curious to see what the spin numbers look like. i know dan saw higher spin, but there are a lot of people posting numbers that show troublingly low spin. so i'm just curious to see what it would look like for me as someone who needs launch and spin. no desire to buy, just curious.
What setup do you currently use?

It is interesting how the reviews differ so much. One of the most popular YouTube reviewers says not to bother with this one if you own TS. Another one who is becoming among the most respected thinks it’s an incredible release and likely going into that reviewer’s bag.

Last edited:
What setup do you currently use?

current gamer is callaway mavrik max 10.5 turned down to 9.5. been toying with the b21 9* turned up to 10*. previous gamer was ping g400 max. so i like launch and spin!

It is interesting how the reviews differ so much. One of the most popular YouTube reviewers says not to bother with this one if you on TS. Another one that is becoming the most respected thinks it’s and incredible release and likely going into that reviewer’s bag.

although my speed is nowhere near the reviewer i think you're talking about in the second sentence, he and i are both lower launch lower spin. so if i get a chance to hit these i'll report back.

Yeah, I drank the Kool-aide.. Pre-ordered a TSi3.
Haha that didn't take long! Looking forward to hitting it, last thing I need is to have my head turned by this and the B21!

First of all. Love the content Dan is doing right now. Top notch stuff. Secondly, This is the best looking Titleist driver release ever. EVER! Sounds look the tech will be promising. The fact that the face material was recently declassified is cool all by itself. I love seeing manufacturers finding new ways to innovate. The last release from Titleist was a leap forward over there previous releases.The fairways look sharp although the adjustment options are....non conventional. It'll be fun to see numbers for these woods as THP'ers get their hands on them.

It is interesting how the reviews differ so much. One of the most popular YouTube reviewers says not to bother with this one if you own TS. Another one who is becoming among the most respected thinks it’s an incredible release and likely going into that reviewer’s bag.
I can appreciate that folks believe it's critical to put a perspective in there like that, but I am pretty proud that our video allows the tech story (from the source) and the results to speak for themselves. I'd much rather hear about what THPers think from a collective perspective before we decide whether it's worth 'bothering' with it.

Back