Had a fitting Sunday that turned into a crap show as the Titleist fitter became disinterested when I told him I wasn’t interested in a premium shaft. Should have known something was up when he looked at my Sim Max and started griping about TaylorMade using aftermarket or his words, “knock off” shafts. All he cared about was selling me a driver that was going to set me back nearly $800. Had a about 25 minutes of my 45 minute block of time reserved left when he basically wanted me to be done taking swings.
That’s no bueno.

Probably got a total of about 12 swings with the TSi3 and 6 with the TSi2. Really liked the looks at address with TSi3. Both had a great feel to them but the 3 did sound slightly better. Of the 2 stock shafts I used , I really did like the feel of the
Tensei White Raw. The Project X Smoke was the one I figured that would work for me but it was too loose and caused me to sky the ball too much. Now I need to figure out if this is the direction I want to go or stay with the Sim Max.

$550 is going to be a steep price to pay. And then add another $150 - $200 for an "upgraded" shaft? C'mon ... the price of these things are getting out of hand. :rolleyes:
I was thinking the same thing. I can get a brand new Cobra SZ with a Ventus for a little over $600, or buy a lightly used Mavrik head for about $300 and buy any shaft for $100-$300 and be close to the same as the stock Titleist offering. Am I really going to see enough improvement out of this stock driver to justify passing on a properly fit option that would come out similarly priced. Hard to justify. Though that Tsi3 is absolutely screaming at me from the looks perspective.

Placed my order for the TSi3 10* with Tensei AV White Raw 65s shaft for $479 out the door. Going to go with what my make shift Titleist fitting set me up with. Should get it in about 3 weeks or so.

Get some swings in yet?

Had a quick range session wed aft. Lesson tomorrow and playing in the aft and sat and sun. Looking forward to a full round. I was getting some great center contact on my few swings I took.
66298BC0-03CB-4476-A7E9-9CE24783A6BD.jpegE5E48923-0DDC-47F4-86CD-8D91134DD916.jpeg

Placed my order for the TSi3 10* with Tensei AV White Raw 65s shaft for $479 out the door. Going to go with what my make shift Titleist fitting set me up with. Should get it in about 3 weeks or so.

what were the spin numbers with the 10* head?

Reeeeeeeeally want to put the TSi3 agains the SIM. 😈

Had a lesson yesterday morning and then went and played 9 while my wife was having her lesson. In my lesson‘s I have been working really hard on path as I was very out to in. We have dialed it way back and made huge progress on that. The TSi2 was just awesome yesterday. I hit 35 drives on the trackman. The worst out to in I had was 3 degrees. Out of all those drives only 3 balls were a bit right. This might be the most forgiving driver I have owned.

I never had spin get over 2900 with most being about 2400-2500. Drives were anywhere from 240 to 275. I am trying to learn not swing out of my shoes and control the driver better. I had one toe hit that still went right where I was aiming and went 242 yards. Most of the hits were in the center of the club some high some low. Only 3 drives were right and not that far off line.

I kept all drives in play yesterday practicing with some great distance on 2 of the 4 drives. Looking forward to playing a full 18 tomorrow without being so tired. I hit a ton of balls yesterday before I played.

So I got to hit the sexiness a few days ago. I was a seriously good boy and didn't do anything rash/impulsive afterwards.

That was not easy.

Then my Mavrik SZ mysteriously breaks (during travel?). I'm not sure what to make of that kind of karmic significance, but it feels a little undeserved...

So I got to hit the sexiness a few days ago. I was a seriously good boy and didn't do anything rash/impulsive afterwards.

That was not easy.

Then my Mavrik SZ mysteriously breaks (during travel?). I'm not sure what to make of that kind of karmic significance, but it feels a little undeserved...
I think you know what the universe is telling you. Trigger pulling time.

I think you know what the universe is telling you. Trigger pulling time.
I know. The writing seems clear. I'm not a big fan of being told what to do or having my hand forced though. I have my own company for a reason. #authorityissues :LOL:

I know. The writing seems clear. I'm not a big fan of being told what to do or having my hand forced though. I have my own company for a reason. #authorityissues :LOL:
The universe knows best, just roll with it ;)

What do we have here!

Head pro got his demos in. Just hit this and immediately updated my order to the TSi2.

55BF7016-0198-4FA0-88BA-F82A670272CF.jpeg

What was the spin and ball speed?
Hitting on an open range with no monitor. Going solely by looks, feel and ball flight.
This driver sounds incredible to my ear. This is the sound I want a driver to make. The shaping on the 2 head is also far more confidence inspiring to me.

image.jpg

What was the spin and ball speed?
A few more thoughts for you:

TSi3 shape is gorgeous but it doesnt give me the confidence the 2 does. The 3 reminds me of a beautiful Japanese made driver. The head is very traditional and rounded.

Also note: Although I have pretty good speed (BS between 155 to 160), I struggle a bit for launch and spin. I also think driving is not the best part of my game. So in those respects, the 2 head is the better choice for me. I would like to game the 3, but the 2 is just the better head for my game. They killed the shape of the 2 imo.

TSi3 shape is gorgeous but it doesnt give me the confidence the 2 does. The 3 reminds me of a beautiful Japanese made driver. The head is very traditional and rounded.

Also note: Although I have pretty good speed (BS between 155 to 160), I struggle a bit for launch and spin. I also think driving is not the best part of my game. So in those respects, the 2 head is the better choice for me. I would like to game the 3, but the 2 is just the better head for my game. They killed the shape of the 2 imo.
Good stuff!

Hitting on an open range with no monitor. Going solely by looks, feel and ball flight.
This driver sounds incredible to my ear. This is the sound I want a driver to make. The shaping on the 2 head is also far more confidence inspiring to me.

View attachment 8970860

Flight and feel compared to your M6? Throw distance perspective in also

I wondered how you and some other people's opinions I value would feel about the shapes. Coming from a Mav SZ the 3 looks more weird than modern traditional/good to me. The 2 shape I liked a lot more than I thought I would.

I thought of @Jman and the other SIM guys too, because something about the 3 shape reminded me of it in a way.

Last edited:
Flight and feel compared to your M6? Throw distance perspective in also

The TSi3 sounded more muted compared to the TSi2. The TSi2 with the RDX had such a satisfying sound. It seems Mavrik SZ like to me. Not the carbon fiber thudish like sound you get from the Sim line. Which is also quite satisfying in a different way. My M6 sounds fairly similar to the Sim, maybe a touch harder sound.
All I guess I can say is that sound has my brain on overdrive. Serotonin in full bloom.
As for distance, I cant truly comment there. All I have for you is the flight window, apex and descent I like to see (without a LM) from golf course play and experience was EXACTLY what it was giving me. This tells me that the distance is def there.

Let me explain todays order of events, so I’m being transparent with my experience here:

Dentist in am. Left there and went to the local PGA SS. I wanted to finally see the TSi3. I preordered one blind. I didnt even look at the TSi2 while there. Hit a number of drives in the bay. First impression, like others, its beautiful. But it didnt whisper forgiveness in my ear. Hit it and sounded good and I hit some very nice ones but it didnt wow me. Right there I was ready to cancel my order and all hopes were nearly fully in the G425 basket.

Head home and on the way, stop at my local course to hit a few balls and test out the stability shaft in my putter. Me likey! Lol.

While on the green, head pro tells me the new demos are in (he knows I’m nuts). I figured I had to try the TSi2 now. Grab the 10 head and the RDX and hit the range. Warm up. First thing I did was put the club down and pray it didnt look like the TS2 driver....boom! Great shape! Loved the shaping and my confidence was trending up. First drive and I swear I could have bought the club right there. Proceeded to hit it extremely well for about 20 more balls.

Also wanted to add that my head pro received his driver and fw and he is gaming a TSi2 10 degree with Ventus black 6S.

I hit the TSi3 today. I've been thinking about getting the SIM, but the new TSi3 blew my mind. I have never hit Titlist clubs well, but this thing was a beast. My club head speed is 115, and I drive about 290, but I picked up almost 25 yards hitting this today, putting me at 315. I would highly recommend trying if you're thinking about dropping some dough on a driver. Luckily I have my club script racking up.

Back