Do you remember what the stock weight was before swapping out for the heavier one?

@mikeg_74 I was just looking at my order sheet and we went plus 4 on the weight. I recall him saying I was at 9 now. I have an email into him to find out. So maybe a 5 gram weight?

@mikeg_74 I was just looking at my order sheet and we went plus 4 on the weight. I recall him saying I was at 9 now. I have an email into him to find out. So maybe a 5 gram weight?

thanks!

Did you see an increase in ball speed when you increased the weight? I saw 5 mph when I went to the +2 gram weight.

Did you see an increase in ball speed when you increased the weight? I saw 5 mph when I went to the +2 gram weight.

We did not discuss ball speed but the feel I got from the heavier weight made the club feel super solid for me. I was having a rough swing day when getting fit lol.

i hit the tsi2 and tsi3 today. shafts were tensei blue and kuro kage (not sure which one, it was all black).

started with tsi2 10*. the first few shots were really good. high, very straight. the best one i hit had ball speed 150, carry 260, total 290, launch 16* iirc, spin 1,450. trackman said i was 7* up, which doesn’t seem right.

the rep wanted me to hit the tsi3 to reduce launch. popped it on the same tensei shaft, and i couldn’t even come close to making a good swing. i drop kicked. i hit super low on the face. just nothing good.

went back to tsi2, and the results were great. this might be the highest, straightest driver i’ve hit in recent memory. crazy thing is how forgiving it was on the heel. the added spin keeps it very straight. toe strikes were troubling though. with the lower spin, i could see this being a low spin duck hooker.

the look of both drivers is excellent. i did not care for the look of the face in pics, but it wasn’t distracting in person. the 2 looked smaller than my mav max, and more neutral. the 3 had a classic pear shape, and seemed to sit almost a little open. i can’t comment on the feel of the 3 because i never made good contact, but the two had a very nice sound. not as loud as my max, but not as quiet as the mav std. i really liked it.

tsi2 is a beast. extremely efficient. i only worry about the lower spin.

i hit the tsi2 and tsi3 today. shafts were tensei blue and kuro kage (not sure which one, it was all black).

started with tsi2 10*. the first few shots were really good. high, very straight. the best one i hit had ball speed 150, carry 260, total 290, launch 16* iirc, spin 1,450. trackman said i was 7* up, which doesn’t seem right.

the rep wanted me to hit the tsi3 to reduce launch. popped it on the same tensei shaft, and i couldn’t even come close to making a good swing. i drop kicked. i hit super low on the face. just nothing good.

went back to tsi2, and the results were great. this might be the highest, straightest driver i’ve hit in recent memory. crazy thing is how forgiving it was on the heel. the added spin keeps it very straight. toe strikes were troubling though. with the lower spin, i could see this being a low spin duck hooker.

the look of both drivers is excellent. i did not care for the look of the face in pics, but it wasn’t distracting in person. the 2 looked smaller than my mav max, and more neutral. the 3 had a classic pear shape, and seemed to sit almost a little open. i can’t comment on the feel of the 3 because i never made good contact, but the two had a very nice sound. not as loud as my max, but not as quiet as the mav std. i really liked it.

do you think the low spin was killing some carry? The numbers are really good and some that I would love to have.

I really need to try the TSi2. I still haven't swung it but I could see the potential.

After another day of testing the TSi3 I'm pretty sure I like the Smoke RDX better than the Tensei AV White. Again same thing as before. 8* Head, Weight T2. 169 Ballspeed, 12* launch and 2300 spin. I need to see it outdoors since just because I have good numbers indoors doesn't mean it won't fit what I like to see.

Right now the biggest surprise is the ballspeed retention across the face and spin stability. The sound is solid.

do you think the low spin was killing some carry? The numbers are really good and some that I would love to have.

nope. with the higher launch, i didn’t see any short carry. the only lack or carry was toe strikes. so if someone is mid/low spin and miss on the toe, not sure this would work. but i absolutely hope to hit it again. it was pretty damn impressive.

i just can’t get over how high the tsi2 wanted to launch in the 10* head. i usually have to work hard to see that kind of height. it was a very welcomed thing for me. i didn’t plunk down the plastic, but i’ll test some drivers next year and the tsi2 looks to be a strong contender.

I went Thursday and hit the TSi3. I play an Epic Flash currently. I was getting about 12 launch and 2200 spin with the Flash. When I hit the TSi the ball just jumped off the face with a much better flight. I always thought I hit my Flash good but the TSi blew it out of the water. I ended up with 16 launch and 2400 spin. We changed the back weight to plus 2 and I saw another 5 mph in ball speed. I definitely saw an increase in distance over my Flash due to the better launch and ball speed.

Borrowed the demo today.. really nice. Excited to get mine
image.jpg

So im about 50/50 on picking up a TSi3 or a discounted SIM.

Not sure which I prefer right now. I was really impressed with the TSi3. Then again I'm not sure why I'm considering moving away from my SZX.
Soooooooooo many of the feedback pieces out there have the TSi3 and SIM basically neck and neck. It’s wild.

i just can’t get over how high the tsi2 wanted to launch in the 10* head. i usually have to work hard to see that kind of height. it was a very welcomed thing for me. i didn’t plunk down the plastic, but i’ll test some drivers next year and the tsi2 looks to be a strong contender.
I agree. I’m a low launch, low spin guy and this driver goes nice and high for me. Man, it sounds amazing to me. Love it.

looking forward to your thoughts
Today, I’m demoing it at my home course. RDX 6.0 shaft. So far I’ve hit some total beauties. I’m even more excited that I ordered the Ventus Blue 6X because my apex is a hair higher than I’d like to see. Like a hair. Actually, I should just set the loft sleeve to std loft and I’ll be in business. Gonna do that now for the 16th hole tee shot and see what happens...

Today, I’m demoing it at my home course. RDX 6.0 shaft. So far I’ve hit some total beauties. I’m even more excited that I ordered the Ventus Blue 6X because my apex is a hair higher than I’d like to see. Like a hair. Actually, I should just set the loft sleeve to std loft and I’ll be in business. Gonna do that now for the 16th hole tee shot and see what happens...

Ok, so the 1B hosel setting is perfect. Lol...

I’m gonna say it - this is the best sounding driver (to me) that I can ever recall playing. Soooooooooo good.

It's interesting how many of you guys are getting high launch with the 2 and enjoying it. It could be a real weapon for some if that hold holds true. Especially in my area with the soft turf.

I had a couple more times with the 3 this week, and tried a 9* head once more just to make sure. I definitely fit the 10* better. Made a good choice on my order. Just can't get the launch up enough with less than that in my current swing. It's definitely a little lower flight than my Mav Sub Zero set at 10* for me. And favors the right just a tad more. I think the SIM comparisons aren't too far off.

Soooooooooo many of the feedback pieces out there have the TSi3 and SIM basically neck and neck. It’s wild.

Yeah. I tried the SIM again back to back with the TSi3 and the SIM feels a little less stable. TSi3 seems handle toe strikes a bit better than SIM. My std deviation with the SIM was wider while The TSi3 was pretty solid.

I still need to try the TSi2 especially if I'm coming from the SpeedZone Xtreme.

I also think the TSi3 8* the shop I have measures more like 9*. It is launching really well and spinning in a pretty high range for that little loft on the face.

It's interesting how many of you guys are getting high launch with the 2 and enjoying it. It could be a real weapon for some if that hold holds true. Especially in my area with the soft turf.

I had a couple more times with the 3 this week, and tried a 9* head once more just to make sure. I definitely fit the 10* better. Made a good choice on my order. Just can't get the launch up enough with less than that in my current swing. It's definitely a little lower flight than my Mav Sub Zero set at 10* for me. And favors the right just a tad more. I think the SIM comparisons aren't too far off.

did you try the 2?

Not gonna lie. An 8.0 TSi3 sounds fun.

did you try the 2?
Yeah, I've hit it a few times. Mostly in my second go round with them. I like the shape more than I thought I would. And sound. I can totally see as a Mav Max guy how it would appeal to you. It looks like an upgraded version in a way. Felt good to me, just doesn't suit my eye, or my hits and misses as well.

Hit the driver today, better than I have in quite some time. TSi2 is great for a low spin guy perhaps. The drive on 16 was past a bunker that I rarely ever get past from our back tees. My drive was in the right rough and a few yards past the end of the bunker. Thrilled with what I saw today on course. Just need mine to show up now.

What ball were you using?

Back