Man, if you used a tour ball with a bit more spin, you have a monster on your hands.

being transparent, that driver may have given me the best results i’ve seen since my beloved j815 (but with much less spin)

I got to hit the TSI3 yesterday while at the range. I don’t care for it honestly. I have 915d3 at 8.5* and nothing can beat it out of my bag yet. I hit the new one, 9* with the same HAZARD Yellow and the new RDX shaft and they couldn’t match the 915 for some reason. I was only getting around 176, 177 ball speed, mine was 179 to 181.
It felt good, like the face grabs the ball then throws it lol. Didn’t really care for the new sound though, it could probably grow on me but for now the 915 stays.

I got to hit the TSI3 yesterday while at the range. I don’t care for it honestly. I have 915d3 at 8.5* and nothing can beat it out of my bag yet. I hit the new one, 9* with the same HAZARD Yellow and the new RDX shaft and they couldn’t match the 915 for some reason. I was only getting around 176, 177 ball speed, mine was 179 to 181.
It felt good, like the face grabs the ball then throws it lol. Didn’t really care for the new sound though, it could probably grow on me but for now the 915 stays.

181 ball speed?! dayum that’s fast.

Wow. Nice ballspeed and the 915 isn't especially known for being super fast. Surprised the TSi3 couldn't keep up. Headweight difference on the 915 is the only thing I could think of and maybe go down to the 8*.

Wow. Nice ballspeed and the 915 isn't especially known for being super fast. Surprised the TSi3 couldn't keep up. Headweight difference on the 915 is the only thing I could think of and maybe go down to the 8*.
Yeah, the 915 was among the slower heads and what lead Titleist to really step their game up speed wise. But, results don’t lie, at 181 no reason to change anything!

The loft is what I was thinking...going to give the 8* a try and see how that does.
I do love the head shape, I forgot to mention that.

Yeah, but what are your spin and launch with the 915? 😂. Obviously, kidding. That is big boy speed.

Played my first round today with my new TSi3 8.0. Beast of a club, tight dispersion. The one I hit thin or off the toe weren't impacted by much, if at all. Into the wind, it handled really well. I got in trouble on two holes, just because it was too long and the wrong club.

I hit the 8* 3 just because it already had a shaft on it at my fitting and it was way too low for me but I am not a high ball hitter.
That would be a nightmare for me. I flirt with danger dynamics on occasion using the 10* head. If someone has a low ball flight, I wouldn't recommend the 3. I'm a little confused by the 8, 9, 10* offerings honestly.

That would be a nightmare for me. I flirt with danger dynamics on occasion using the 10* head. If someone has a low ball flight, I wouldn't recommend the 3. I'm a little confused by the 8, 9, 10* offerings honestly.

8, 9, and 10.5 would be more normal for options.

I think the 8 needed to be in the matrix since this head isn't the lowest launching, lowest spinning head out there. It's on the lower side, but not super low. Besides I think Titleist believes alot in it's adjustments at the hosel for adding loft so that 10 can go up to 11.5. if you still need more launch, Titleist would probably steer you towards TSi2 or TS1 at that point.

8, 9, and 10.5 would be more normal for options.

I think the 8 needed to be in the matrix since this head isn't the lowest launching, lowest spinning head out there. It's on the lower side, but not super low. Besides I think Titleist believes alot in it's adjustments at the hosel for adding loft so that 10 can go up to 11.5. if you still need more launch, Titleist would probably steer you towards TSi2 or TS1 at that point.
That's a really good point. I only have a few adjustments, because I only ever go down, so didn't really think about that. There's always more up than down.

Look what came in today! Got it 3 days early, just in time for probably the last 70* day in WNY til 2021:
YrVjAKjl.jpg

So played my first round with my TSi2 on a tight difficult course. Def. am impressed with it overall, but like anything new still need to get used it after using a completely different weight/flex shaft and loft head for a decade. I would say on average I was around 20-30 yds longer than my old gamer, so it is gonna take getting used to where my ball ends up on my local courses. I love the pop/sound it gets off the face and am finding the center of the face a lot more due to the shaft/club head being fit for me. Really helps build confidence and makes every shot feel solid. Even tho the season here in WNY is almost done, I am excited to start 2021 with it!
Also I come from an automotive detailing background and have a bunch of paint protection film left over from a project. So I made a quick template for my TSi2 and added a topline protector. Every once an again I get a high face strike and rather not mark up my brand new driver, since I never have purchased one for full MSRP before. Here is what it looks like:
IMG_5134.JPG
IMG_5135.JPG

I had a great day last Sunday with my driver! The sound is just something I love to hear. Enjoy your new driver @choppstixxx!

I had a great day last Sunday with my driver! The sound is just something I love to hear. Enjoy your new driver @choppstixxx!
Mos def. I wish I got it a week sooner, but I really can't complain. Gonna toss on a MCC+4 grip today and she'll be all set!

Just ordered a TSi3 9*. Cautious optimistic to see how this will go on the course.

Smoke RDX 6.5 so far has been the surprise for me.

Saw on some tour truck news that Adam Scott is playing a TSi4 this week so anyone looking at the 3 that might want a 4 should probably wait to pull the trigger. I love Titleist clubs, but hate that they do their releases like this. Just drop them all at once.

20201112_161131.jpg

Went to pick up my stuff after my round, and my whole order was kind of wrong. 😢 Wrong head on the 3W, and wrong shaft on the driver. Brought this one home, but the driver was a redo. Sat or early next week on it now.

That sucks. How can they mess it up that bad?

Had another round with the TSi2, albeit 20+* difference in temp. Still getting grooved in, but damn this thing performs well on miss hits. I had some less than ideal strikes and it still got me in a good usable spot, shot 47/42 today and really wasn’t driving the ball well. When I went into getting fit for this driver I wanted to minimize the dispersion on mishits and gain distance. This club has done that and then some, can’t wait to get grooved in next year. Still have some decent weeks left of the 2020 season but no more 70* days haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks. How can they mess it up that bad?
I don't know. We checked and what they had sent in was exactly what I wanted, so it wasn't on our end anywhere. Should only cost me a couple rounds I suppose, and Club Conex **** the bed too, so maybe it's just going around. I mean, @GraniteRoost got a 9i head on his AW. :confused2:

I probably shouldn't have gently mocked his misfortune...

I don't know. We checked and what they had sent in was exactly what I wanted, so it wasn't on our end anywhere. Should only cost me a couple rounds I suppose, and Club Conex **** the bed too, so maybe it's just going around. I mean, @GraniteRoost got a 9i head on his AW. :confused2:

I probably shouldn't have gently mocked his misfortune...

Oooooooooff, now that is a frustrating new club day. Not. Even. Close. Must have been a bad week in the continuum for club builds.

Related to this thread, I've been lurking but not posting. Seems like Titleist is worthy of a go this season, and I never did hit TS2 or TS3 from this past season yet. I've not historically been attracted to Titleist as much, but on a visual level I love the face etching. The cross hatch pattern reminds me of a luxury good, such as the Goyard pattern. Weird thought, I know, but its what occurred to me when I saw it. Not a fan of the TSi alignment mark at address however, I would prefer a non-text based mark here.

Planning to seek these out for a hit next time I'm in the store.

Back