Oooooooooff, now that is a frustrating new club day. Not. Even. Close. Must have been a bad week in the continuum for club builds.

Related to this thread, I've been lurking but not posting. Seems like Titleist is worthy of a go this season, and I never did hit TS2 or TS3 from this past season yet. I've not historically been attracted to Titleist as much, but on a visual level I love the face etching. The cross hatch pattern reminds me of a luxury good, such as the Goyard pattern. Weird thought, I know, but its what occurred to me when I saw it. Not a fan of the TSi alignment mark at address however, I would prefer a non-text based mark here.

Planning to seek these out for a hit next time I'm in the store.
The look this year is basically what made me give them a chance. I was never really a fan of the TS's for my swing. I still don't think the TSi3 is likely to beat out my Mav SZ in the end, but I'm confident it will be really good on course and look sick in the bag and in hand. Never know though. I'm slow to fall in love sometimes.

Saw on a WITB that Tommy Fleetwood has switched to the TSi3. That's a big endorsement as he is a free agent. He also has 2 TSi2 FW woods (3 & 7).

My TSi3 driver and 3 wood showed up today, looking forward to getting some swings in tomorrow at the range.

Saw these heads in person yesterday. They both look fantastic. The TSi3 definitely has the classic Titleist shape but the TSi2 doesn’t look bad at all. I didn’t get a chance to hit them but I’ll try them next time.

Finally got what I'd been waiting for today! TSi3 10* RDX 60 6.5. No swings for me tomorrow, but I plan on knocking some freshness off it on Sunday and I'm excited. Put the 3W in play today and it was good.

Finally got what I'd been waiting for today! TSi3 10* RDX 60 6.5. No swings for me tomorrow, but I plan on knocking some freshness off it on Sunday and I'm excited. Put the 3W in play today and it was good.
Did you get the 3 or 2 in your 3 wood?

Did you get the 3 or 2 in your 3 wood?
I asked for the 2, but they screwed up my order and I have the 3 for now. I like the look at address better of the 2. 3 sits a little closed to me.

I asked for the 2, but they screwed up my order and I have the 3 for now. I like the look at address better of the 2. 3 sits a little closed to me.
Hmmm I found it weird that I turned the 3 over a lot easier than the 2. This is probably why (or I just suck)

Hmmm I found it weird that I turned the 3 over a lot easier than the 2. This is probably why (or I just suck)
The whole thing is weird. I don't understand the way they sit at all. Feels like it should be the exact opposite of how it is between the two. Makes me feel like the 3 is dialed up and I need to regrip to compensate or something.

20201114_232607.jpg

First time I've EVER put Tour Velvet on one of my own drivers or fairways, but something about the TSi3's was just begging for blackouts. And that driver better be ready to work, because if it keeps raining its first time out tomorrow is gonna be allll carry.

TSi3 is able to have multiple weights on the track. Cameron smith has a weight in T2 and H2. Might have to get a weight kit to experiment.

TSi3 is able to have multiple weights on the track. Cameron smith has a weight in T2 and H2. Might have to get a weight kit to experiment.
If I’m not mistaken, he is playing a high balance shaft, so perhaps that is partially why...

who doesn’t love a good old fashioned animal style driver setup though!

I’m happy I ordered the TSi2 driver, but maaaan does the TSi3 driver just look mean.
Hoping my driver (and fw) show up this coming week.

I definitely want the TSi2, but not sure I'd see enough of an improvement over my Current TS woods to justify the jump. I'll definitely hit them for myself, but Rick Sheils' video definitely dampened by excitement a bit. Although I could see myself buying it just for the upgraded looks!

I definitely want the TSi2, but not sure I'd see enough of an improvement over my Current TS woods to justify the jump. I'll definitely hit them for myself, but Rick Sheils' video definitely dampened by excitement a bit. Although I could see myself buying it just for the upgraded looks!
Shiels is a wet blanket on purpose nowadays.

I'm out here hitting the TSi3 on course for the first time and that's pretty much the best sound I've ever heard from a driver. Beyond description how satisfying that is.

Last edited:
So first time out with the TSi3 went pretty well. The wind was blowing today, and we got a boatload of rain all night, so pretty hard to get a true feel for distances. Also couldn't see some landing in the lower light and fresh leaves in the background. 294.6 avg totals over 10 drives, but it all felt a little strange and I definitely didn't get all of a couple. So that's near the number I would expect but they didn't seem like that's what they'd add up to. The audible feedback is really interesting on this driver on a slight miss. Also struggled a tiny bit with playing at 45" instead of my usual 45 3/4". They come stock 45 1/2" but when my order got screwed up I grabbed a demo shaft so I wouldn't have to wait 3 WEEKS (that's what Titleist said it would take to get the 60 6.5 on a 10* head like I ordered),and that's what they play at. It was amazing how much I noticed the difference.

So at first I thought I might be getting a little fade bias. I was playing at B1 btw. Seemed like they were trailing just the tiniest bit at the last moment. Once I got more used to the length though that seemed to go away. From observation spin seemed pretty spot on what I had seen on monitor on stock shots. Nothing ballooned into the wind, or spun off. The RDX and got along well. Pretty easy to flatten a couple out, and turn them over, and the one miss that got up was a timing thing on my part. Wasn't as loose as I thought. Honestly, considering the conditions the flights were rock solid. Straight into it with an easy swing on 18 was 284 and I tried to rip one on 7 that we thought was into the wind but maybe died off for a minute because it was 338 up the hill. It did exactly what I wanted though. A bullet cut that stayed below 75 (?) feet and felt great. The sound is so addicting. I know that gets said a lot on here for various clubs, but I've never said the A word until now, about any club. It sounds freaking awesome. I wanted to try it regardless, but that alone would be a reason to keep it in the bag.

So more to come this week out on some other courses to get a real feel for it and hopefully my body will let me give it a more thorough workout. I was having to roll into some swings today. I enjoyed it immensely though. My golf dreams will have a new sound.

Last edited:
Last month the Titleist TSi driver line debuted when it began hitting tour bags and appeared on the USGA conforming list. Today the lineup becomes official with the TSi 2 and TSi 3 drivers and fairway woods.

We have spent the last few weeks testing them in the THP Tech Studio and in this video have a little bit of everything. Since the release is new, we thought it best to cover the gamut in this video rather than just the testing. First up will be Josh Talge, VP of Marketing of Titleist Golf Clubs talking tech and then we move right into the data and break it down for you.

We have a lot more coming on the Titleist TSi drivers and fairway woods in the coming weeks, but after watching this video what are your thoughts?

Continue reading...

I'm currently taking lessons and plan to get fitted for Driver within the next couple months, and I definitely have these new Titleist models on my list to try.

Can't stop thinking about it. I sat at home late last night listening to cuts of it from Sunday.

Want to hear it.
Need to hear it.
Must go hit it.

Titleist had the lead in drivers in play at The Masters. The first time since 2001 that they had that ranking on any PGA Tour event including 9 free agents using TSi drivers.

Last edited:
Titleist had the lead in drivers in play at The Masters. The first time since 2001 that they had that numbers on any PGA Tour event including 9 free agents use TSi drivers.
I never rush to feel warm and fuzzy about numbers like that. Like, they touted the number or percent of Titleist players who immediately switched to the new drivers the second they came out as some great sign, and to me it just shouted that their last ones were lacking, because people are stubborn and sentimental and resistant to messing with things that don't need it. I still feel like part of it is that it's a look and feel and adjustability improvement over their past ones more than being heads above the competition or anything, but I feel like they've definitely caught up in ways.

T-minus 30 minutes...

Well I'm going to take a minute and get my TSi driver complaints out while they're fresh.

Yep. That's all of 'em.

Something interesting is happening out there with me and this combo (10* TSi3 RDX 60 6.5) so far, because I've had to be pretty upright for me and not swinging overly fast with it and it's been pretty bomb-y. And really consistent with distance, regardless of wind direction in a surprising way. I have to assume I'm in a pretty low spin groove with it on that. Coming from a Mav SZ Hzrdus Black 62 6.5 has been a seamless transition, but the ease of the distance has been a little surprising. 20 drives on course is a tiny sample, but my buddy made mention of it today. "You're just Sunday strolling at 300 with that thing, aren't you?". Like I said, real small sample, but 17/20 for 297.5 in these conditions usually takes dedicated effort for me. Not the easy breezy swing.

The feedback on the face is really something. I don't think I've ever hit a driver where I can see in my mind what feels like to the millimeter where a strike was, like I have with this one so far. I'm curious what others think about this. I feel like someone mentioned it being kind of the opposite of like Mav standard like that.

I chose not to upgrade shafts even though the GD showed some promise in testing, and I'm glad I didn't for now. The RDX seems like most of what I look for. Maybe even an upgrade from my beloved black.

It's early, but I'm a fan so far.

Last edited:
Put the TSi3 driver in play today for the first round and was very pleased with the results. I hit it on 10 holes, hit 8 fairways (missed one by a yard) and even with the wet, windy, and 50 degree conditions yielding no roll out, was very pleased with the distance. The sound was much different from the SIM I played last season, more of a wooden bat versus aluminum bat sound to me. I’m looking forward to playing it in more ideal conditions.

I’m not sure if I like the looks of this or not?! Definitely hate the way the face looks though. The Project X HZRDUS Black Smoke RDX shaft looks interesting!
8FF3814B-68B7-4D67-8E57-4F9CD1E58F1B.jpeg1F6E4B7D-7CC1-4CB9-9254-FE30EAF6D7D2.jpeg79C4C39B-4DD4-4356-B47C-834F689DA29D.jpegB5A9B674-0396-428C-A46E-F66355CA1A7D.jpeg

Back