Round today was interesting. As usual I start and notice that I hot the ball low on the face. First hole low toe hook. Second hole low toe push slice. After that I was warmed up.

Misses all day were to the right which kinda sucked but are not that unusual for me. What was strange was I fighting the ball from turning over during my one outdoor range session so I need to work on something. Right now club is in B2 and weight in T1. I may move the weight to H1 based on today's performance.

That said I still hit some absurd drives today. The best bejng a 300+ carry on one of the par 5s resulting with a gap wedge into the green (yes, I converted for eagle). Cut the corner a little bit more aggressively than I wanted and the total yardage was 354 according to GPS.

The fairways were equally impressive. Note, both the TSi2 and TSi3 do look a little closed at address but they don't perform like it. Again, I saw a miss to the right but I'm not sure if it was more swing or not. My playing partners today though we're stunned with both the 3 and 5 wood. The 3 wood was easy off the deck and super long off the tee. The 5 wood was pretty automatic pretty happy with both.

Do you attribute the higher launch to shaft at all ? I've heard/read that the tsi3 is flatter/ lower launch.......

We have a full video in the first post of the thread with some data.

Played an interesting course today and it really put the TSi3 to the test. Really windy with extreme elevation changes and severely sloped fairways on some. I'll admit I would have liked to have a 9* with me today instead of my 10*, but that's just because it took a little more work and I'm lazy.. when I'm not working. Lol I was impressed though, again, with how easily the flight and shape of it can be manipulated to get the most out of it with the RDX.

I caught one a little low on the face into the wind. I almost never catch one low (usually the opposite) so the feeling threw me a bit, and watching it spin up a little gave me serious concerns about how far I was going to have left to the pin. It must have had some impressive ball speed off the low face though, because it wasn't near as penal as I thought it might be.

Ended up missing 1 fairway on the day, and just checked my recent stats. Really balanced. The head continues to play pretty neutral for me.

Played an interesting course today and it really put the TSi3 to the test. Really windy with extreme elevation changes and severely sloped fairways on some. I'll admit I would have liked to have a 9* with me today instead of my 10*, but that's just because it took a little more work and I'm lazy.. when I'm not working. Lol I was impressed though, again, with how easily the flight and shape of it can be manipulated to get the most out of it with the RDX.

I caught one a little low on the face into the wind. I almost never catch one low (usually the opposite) so the feeling threw me a bit, and watching it spin up a little gave me serious concerns about how far I was going to have left to the pin. It must have had some impressive ball speed off the low face though, because it wasn't near as penal as I thought it might be.

Ended up missing 1 fairway on the day, and just checked my recent stats. Really balanced. The head continues to play pretty neutral for me.
Great info! Is this driver in the number one spot in your bag or would there be another you would choose if you had to go shoot your best score?

Great info! Is this driver in the number one spot in your bag or would there be another you would choose if you had to go shoot your best score?
Oh it'd be number one for that without a doubt. I might change the setup a little for a situation like today, but it would still be with that driver if I had to choose one. There is one coming that will get consideration though.

Well Holy Shiznit! The TSi2 is a beast .... at least in my backyard range. :ROFLMAO: hit a total of about 9 balls & not a one of them went anything but dead straight. Well there were 2 that had a very slight fade ..... started very straight & faded at the end. Either way, this thing will be a fairway finder for sure. Have it set in C3 ... a bit upright, which is good for my swing. All of my other Titleist drivers have been set in that setting. I was pleasantly surprised at the Smoke RDX shaft ... very stable & light. I love the black crown, very shiny & new :LOL: & no glare. Sets up beautifully behind the ball. I really want to get this on a SIM so I can see the numbers vs the regular TS2. It has a very nice flat trajectory (9*) that I'd love to see on a dry fairway ... Run Like You Stole Something! I can't wait to get it on the course! (y)

TSi3 driver is no joke. I've fallen in love with the thing. Launches lower than I'd like but I took care of that with a loft adjustment. Like it so much I decided to get a TSi3 5W as well and see if it translates the same as the driver has done for me. First Titleist club I've ever owned and couldn't be more impressed.

I kinda love the TSi3.

Not sure if that's coming through in my posts :LOL: so I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that.

edit: oh, but @PowerCobra98 beat me to it by like a minute!! lol Easy club to love.

Last edited:
I said it today out on course, but I feel like I could do anything with this club right now. And the trajectory into the wind has been unbelievable for me from outing #1, without having to hit sting-y runners. It's really interesting. Just refuses to rise. The percentage loss is really low. My Mavrik Sub Zero can't keep up and that's pretty crazy.

Last edited:
I said it today out on course, but I feel like I could do anything with this club right now. And the trajectory into the wind has been unbelievable for me from outing #1, without having to hit stingy runners. It's really interesting. Just refuses to rise. The percentage loss is really low. My Mavrik Sub Zero can't keep up and that's pretty crazy.
The interesting thing is that as good as the driver is, the 3 wood is generating some pretty amazing ball speeds, too.

The interesting thing is that as good as the driver is, the 3 wood is generating some pretty amazing ball speeds, too.
Mine did...until the face cracked! Still waiting on the replacement...:(

That was such a bummer. Hope you get it soon.
Hope to hear something something soon. Gonna swap the 4 wd for a 15 degree 3 wd I think. I already have the TS2 4 wd so.

I haven't had as much fun with the 3W. It's not even coming close to my mav sub zero setup, honestly. It's just a bad shaft-head combo for me and I haven't had time to sort it out yet. We had a new indoor sim place open here I heard though, so I might get more chances at dedicated monitor time to work on things like that.

Last edited:
Tsi2 showed up last week. I got fit for it a couple weeks ago. Got my best numbers with the stock Tensei Blue AV Raw shaft 55 stiff but I had some bombs with the Even Flow white 65. So I have that and a Vylyn Shaft too.

Can't wait for winter to end.

Anyone else pick up or try out the TSiseries from Titleist yet?

There is a thread on these somewhere.

I did a fitting at a Titleist Thursday and found both offerings to be very solid certainly on par with anything on the market. I would say if you have a relatively new driver that was well fitted you won't find a substantial improvement. If your driver is a few generations old or isn't well fitted you will definitely benefit from a new fitting and could pick up some distance.

For me the TSi2 was a slightly better fit than the 3 but it wasn't much of an improvement over my Mavrik and didn't warrant spending $500.

Anyone else pick up or try out the TSiseries from Titleist yet?
merged this one with a full review thread including our video shot in the Tech Studio.

Yikes, the weight kit for this driver is like $200..... oof...

Tsi3 Tensei AV Blue 55g for me, this combo is the best I’ve ever hit. I love this driver so much I bought the Tsi3 15 and 18 fairways also with the Tensei AV Blue 65g all are stiff. I’ve picked up 20 yards from my old clubs. They are extremely workable and even hit the driver of the deck last round. I use Arcoss so I have true distance date and I’m averaging 281 with the driver and 262 with the 3 wood. Don’t have enough data yet with the 5 wood yet but from the range it may be my favorite of the three. I just can’t say enough these! They are fantastic for me!

I’m 55 and the added distance and penetrating ball fight still amazes me every time I hit it...and don’t forget about the SOUND!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back