Titleist TSi Fairway Woods

This came yesterday:
D08A5571-41D0-44E4-B5C4-AA4EBCD24C1A.jpegC291B134-5853-4AF1-8DDF-793EC4D98299.jpeg

My TSi 2 4 wood is very much causing me some angst lately.
Some rounds it's legit the best club in my bag and so easy to hit straight and 240 ish. Other rounds I can't even find the clubface and lose 2-6 strokes off this club alone. I enjoy the flight it gives since it's the first FW in a long time that flies like it has any spin on it.

Shaft issue? Or just time to try something else? The shaft feels like an absolute wet noodle, for what that's worth.

My TSi 2 4 wood is very much causing me some angst lately.
Some rounds it's legit the best club in my bag and so easy to hit straight and 240 ish. Other rounds I can't even find the clubface and lose 2-6 strokes off this club alone. I enjoy the flight it gives since it's the first FW in a long time that flies like it has any spin on it.

Shaft issue? Or just time to try something else? The shaft feels like an absolute wet noodle, for what that's worth.
Sounds like a shaft and timing with it issue. Have another one that you can try that might be a little more robust?

Big fan of these fairway woods.. kept me out of a lot of trouble this weekend.

Sounds like a shaft and timing with it issue. Have another one that you can try that might be a little more robust?
I've been scouring the local classifieds looking for anything I can plug in, but fairway shafts seem to be unicorns.
I have a Titleist Thursday fitting appointment booked but it's 2 weeks away and I'm not sure I can wait that long haha.

I've been scouring the local classifieds looking for anything I can plug in, but fairway shafts seem to be unicorns.
I have a Titleist Thursday fitting appointment booked but it's 2 weeks away and I'm not sure I can wait that long haha.
Lol 2 weeks is the equivalent of about half a season to me, so I get that.

Lol 2 weeks is the equivalent of about half a season to me, so I get that.
I like the head enough that even if I get fit into the $500 Velocore or 1K I'll probably pony up and buy it. I hate questioning my gear and always play so much better once I KNOW I'm dialed.

Update. I now have a Tensei AV White for my 4 wood. I like it a lot so far.

I'm thinking an 18* TSi2 and a Riptide MX might be fun to go full gonzo on out there. Gonna try to make that happen. I need to shuffle up my fairways and have multiples of the TSi's.

I'm thinking an 18* TSi2 and a Riptide MX might be fun to go full gonzo on out there. Gonna try to make that happen. I need to shuffle up my fairways and have multiples of the TSi's.
I know the feeling. I have a 15* TSi2 3 wood I don't need....might try trade it for a TSi2 7 wood or a 2 Hybrid of some variety.

First round with the new shaft plugged in and oooooooh baby we are in business now. It's an absolute howitzer off the tee and effective off the deck. Tensei AV Raw White is such a killer shaft and awesome that it's a stock option for Titleist. Finally have the control I've been needing, and time will tell if this is the long term solution I've been searching for.

The TSi2 4 wood is basically everything I liked about the G425 5 wood except it looks better (to me) and doesn't sound like an out-of-tune musical instrument.

The TSi3 3W and I have not had as seamless of a transition as the driver. That face sitting closed is either in my head or affecting shots. That thing wants to go left. I have to fight it like crazy and do a serious spine tilt to hold the line. The tip is getting pulled tomorrow and switched out so I can open it up a little more.

The sound is really interesting with it.

Observer 1 - "That thing sounds SOLID compared to your Mavrik (SZ)"

Observer 2 - "Mmhm."

Me - It's a Titleist.

Hi — late to the game here just found this post..

I got fit for TSi3 driver and fairway. Love the driver, but the fairway sits closed and i can’t keep it from going left. (somehow did not do this at the fitting. was too enamored with the driver i guess and just thought it was me).

You mentioned “pulling the tip to open it up.”? What do you mean?

I have it on the most open and flat setting, with the weight in the toe.

Any suggestions? thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi — late to the game here just found this post..

I got fit for TSi3 driver and fairway. Love the driver, but the fairway sits closed and i can’t keep it from going left. (somehow did not do this at the fitting. was too enamored with the driver i guess and just thought it was me).

You mentioned “pulling the tip to open it up.”? What do you mean?

I have it on the most open and flat setting, with the weight in the toe.

Any suggestions? thx

Boy, jogging some memory on this one.

First, I traded that head in for one that sat a little better. Think I was getting the edge of a manufacturing tolerance on that one. So that helped.

Second, I swap OEM tips out for a universal one that's a little different on my stuff, so that's what I meant.

Third, I no longer use the 3 3W. I ended up preferring the TSi3 3W, so it all became moot. If you have it in the most open and flat setting and are fighting it left my instinct would be to go to your fitter and see if they can sort you out. See if it's still the best fit/try you in a different shaft. What fits in a fitting isn't what always fits once you get out there.

Bit of a thread revival as the driver thread steals the show...how do these hold up against the latest fairway woods just getting released?

I've got the TSi2 driver and hybrid already and have booked a fitting for fairway wood next Tuesday. Been playing with a Taylormade M2 (16.5 degrees) for the last couple of years but never actually been fitted for a fairway wood.

Love the adjustability the surefit hosel gives and they're old enough I might be able to find a good (and much cheaper) second hand option to the spec. I want although there's a lot of chat that the Taylormade Stealth is next level.

Bit of a thread revival as the driver thread steals the show...how do these hold up against the latest fairway woods just getting released?

I've got the TSi2 driver and hybrid already and have booked a fitting for fairway wood next Tuesday. Been playing with a Taylormade M2 (16.5 degrees) for the last couple of years but never actually been fitted for a fairway wood.

Love the adjustability the surefit hosel gives and they're old enough I might be able to find a good (and much cheaper) second hand option to the spec. I want although there's a lot of chat that the Taylormade Stealth is next level.

I can’t give you a comparison because I have not hit the new stuff. I have the TSI3 15* and 18* for a while now and they have a permanent home in my bag. I can’t imagine playing anything else. Best fairways I’ve ever played. I’m sure the new Taylor Made is great but I’m actually thinking of picking up a second set of the TSI’s so I will have them when I wear these out. I was fit into the Tense blue stiff for both shafts and love them.

My TSi2 13.5 is just amazing. I cannot miss hit it. Launches high, lands soft, has a ton of spin.

TSi2 7 wood is money. Got it in last week with a speeder evo vii shaft in 7x. Love it off the deck, high launch and flies 230-235 with a soft landing. Hard to beat that. Gives me confidence going for par 5s in 2.
Only thing I’m contemplating is going a little heavier in the shaft, but it’s hard to find 80g+ fairway shafts

Just picked up the 16.5 TSi2 today and took it to the first tee. I got off to a rough start with it since the AV White 75s is heavier than my old RBZ 3HL with Ozik shaft. I was hitting low screamers with it on the front nine. On the back nine I started to stripe it. On 16, I hit it on a par 5 second shot within 40 yards of the green. On 17, short par 4 I drove with it close to the green with it. On 18, I had 225 to a creek into the wind and I drove just short of it. I think it is a keeper, but I need to get used to the weight and stiffness of the shaft.

Another round today with the TSi2 16.5. Settling in with the AV White shaft. I hit it off the tee on 3 holes and 2 of 3 were very solid. The other was playable and I got a par on the hole. All were in the fairway. I hit some from the fairway on par 5s with good results. I feel like I'm dialed in with this club better than or equal to my previous 4 wood. I really like it and can't wait to get the TSi3 driver on Tuesday.

Love the tsi2 7 wood and just traded my Mizuno ST-Z for the 3 wood.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

Looking forward to getting the tsi2 16.5* with the GD ad-di 7s on the course next week

Any thoughts on Rdx smoke black 70 shaft for 3 wood?
Big difference or not to tensei
av raw blue?

Any thoughts on Rdx smoke black 70 shaft for 3 wood?
Big difference or not to tensei
av raw blue?
Can't speak exactly to the 3w (yet) but I have the av raw blue in driver and had a smoke black RDX in a UW. I think the av blue feels smoother (to me at least). I also think it has a touch more spin in it's mid-kick design.

I am not sure if it was the club or the shaft, but the Smoke/UW combo did not work for me, but my AV Blue in my E722 driver is working wonders. I just ordered an AV Blue in a 3w E722 and will give feedback in the TEE fairways thread on that club/shaft combo

I have the AV raw blue 8n the 7 wood and it is great.
I made a trade for the 3 wood my Mizuno stz for his tsi2. His has the RDX 70 gram.
Weight is same as the AV raw but lower torque
So far seems to hit higher than my Mizuno in Limited action. Just wondering if my swing can handle that much shaft. Driver speed is 100-103.
Not heavy loader of shaft.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

Back