JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Completing the lineup of TSi metal woods, Titleist is announcing the new TSi2 and TSi3 hybrids.  Knowing two areas that needed improvement, adjustability and sound, Titleist has worked on both and engineered what they call the new standard in the category.

Both models feature Carpenter 455 forged faces.

TSi2 provides high launch and distance for players with a sweeping delivery.  Larger profile for those that prefer the look of the FW Wood in their hybrid spot.

TSi3 hybrids are distinctively different in nearly every way to the previously mentioned TSi2.  Compact and featuring a more squared toe look that has very little face progression.  This model features the same SureFit CG Track Technology...

[url=https://www.thehackersparadise.com/titleist-tsi-hybrids/]Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man. How did I miss these?
:love:

That TSi3 hybo looks teeny tiny...

• Admin
Man if I thought I needed a hybrid, this would be the time. The TSi2 would fit nicely in the bag. :cool:

Man...what’s with everyone killing off hybrids past 24-25* these days ??

Man...what’s with everyone killing off hybrids past 24-25* these days ??
I think it’s two fold, for a lot of these companies they’re an SKU that doesn’t sell super well. Bigger though is how far irons have come in playability in the 5/6 spot in particular.

I've been waiting for this one!

And it hasn't been easy.

:love::love::love::love:

Finally going to update my Titleist 816 19* and pretty sure it will be the Tsi3 20*. Can’t wait to see your in hand pics @JB

Which one catches your eye and where would it fit in your bag?
3. The 20* might knock a UT out of the bag. I got to spend some time with it inside and out, and it seemed to suit me very well.

I'm liking the looks of that Tsi2

I think it’s two fold, for a lot of these companies they’re an SKU that doesn’t sell super well. Bigger though is how far irons have come in playability in the 5/6 spot in particular.
I get it from the sku standpoint as you have to sell enough to make a profit.
But if you already have the design how many would you have to sell to make adding another loft/head be worth it? Just a hypothetical.

On the flip side, for slower swingers, the senior crowd, etc high lofted hybrids can be a real asset to the bag. I usually start my iron sets at 26/27* with hybrids above that. Anything lower lofted iron wise and I lose my gapping.
With the year over year loft creep in irons, in a few of the sets this year, I'd be starting my iron set at a 7i (27.5*). For me to gap off adequately I need a hybrid in the 26-29* realm if not both a 26* and 29*. Not that my hybrids need to match my iron oem but it would be a nice option to have. For example it would be cool to game a Rad Speed 7i and then a Rad Speed 6h. But they stop at a 24*. That would be too much of a gap going from a 24* hybo to a 27.5* iron.

It's interesting that Titleist, Tour Edge and Cobra are going away from the higher lofted hybrids in their "main" product line, yet other brands seem to embrace them. Like Ping is heavily touting their G425 7h in all the Youtube reviewer videos and Callaway has options like the 8h (the Ocho). Glad to see some OEM's still embracing the high lofted hybrid. :)

Those look so good!

I get it from the sku standpoint as you have to sell enough to make a profit.
But if you already have the design how many would you have to sell to make adding another loft/head be worth it? Just a hypothetical.

On the flip side, for slower swingers, the senior crowd, etc high lofted hybrids can be a real asset to the bag. I usually start my iron sets at 26/27* with hybrids above that. Anything lower lofted iron wise and I lose my gapping.
With the year over year loft creep in irons, in a few of the sets this year, I'd be starting my iron set at a 7i (27.5*). For me to gap off adequately I need a hybrid in the 26-29* realm if not both a 26* and 29*. Not that my hybrids need to match my iron oem but it would be a nice option to have. For example it would be cool to game a Rad Speed 7i and then a Rad Speed 6h. But they stop at a 24*. That would be too much of a gap going from a 24* hybo to a 27.5* iron.

It's interesting that Titleist, Tour Edge and Cobra are going away from the higher lofted hybrids in their "main" product line, yet other brands seem to embrace them. Like Ping is heavily touting their G425 7h in all the Youtube reviewer videos and Callaway has options like the 8h (the Ocho). Glad to see some OEM's still embracing the high lofted hybrid. :)
Just a thought... many of the sets see a 3 degree gap between 7 and 6 iron. You could strengthen the 6 by a degree and have 4 degrees as a gap and then maybe fit into a Titleist 24 degree TSi2. If they are like past releases, the adapter will let you increase the loft by 2 degrees. That would give you a range of from 24* to 26*.

Ugh. This could be expensive.... I do NOT need a TSi3 hybrid. I like the shaft offerings.

With AV White RAW 90 HY. Yes please.
OH... well I can say with absolutely certainty that that combo is straight fire on course.

In the cold. And wet.

I'm assuming it will elevate to raging inferno when the ambient temperature is above 40*.

OH... well I can say with absolutely certainty that that combo is straight fire on course.

In the cold. And wet.

I'm assuming it will elevate to raging inferno when the ambient temperature is above 40*.

Literally laughing out loud in my office and attracting glances as to the source of my amusement.

I am down for a raging inferno of an all conditions hybrid shaft 🔥

i should hit these some time this year

I’ll hit that TSi3 and fall in love. Then I’ll regret it long term. 😀 Wonder how it compares to the Apex Pro?

Back